Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Y
You really hate our list aye...
U reckon we could get a bit more back from the dogs for wingard?

How so Lambchop?

You do realise that 16 of that starting 22 are already on our list right?

So are all of the emergencies.

It's not like we can get any worse and our list needs drastic action if we're to improve.

How about you tell us all what changes you think would help instead of taking potshots at those who are actually coming from a good place (obviously of a differing opinion) and want the best for our great club.

We've been in this position before and made similar drastic moves to lead us back to success.

Anyway thanks for the input and stay safe 😁

How so Lambchop?

It's not like we can get any worse and our list needs drastic action if we're to improve.

How about you tell us all what changes you think would help instead of taking potshots at those who are actually coming from a good place (obviously of a differing opinion) and want the best for our great club.

We've been in this position before and made similar drastic moves to lead us back to success.

wed have to give Wingard plus our first round to get bailey smith i reckon

How so Lambchop?

I appreciate you are coming from a good place. A place where wingard turns into Bailey Smith and other heavily weighted Hawthorn transactions. Sounds like a wonderful place. Would be great if it could happen.
Unfortunately it is just not realistic so it got pot shotted. Put something up that is a reasonable suggestion that another club might take seriously then people won't laugh.
You are in the right place my friend.

Gee, that is harsh. Not saying he is top 5 but I would be happy to hav him on the list next year if some how that happened. Showed some nice skills in tight and in space in the second half with box hill.
Very harsh on a young kid who looked very classy against men earlier this year.
He’ll be a very good mid, no doubt. Maybe a top 15 mid when he’s at his peak, but he doesn’t look like a game breaker with a step or attribute that will make him a top tier player. I also thought his game against the Geelong VFL side was very ordinary when he was really tested.

And we need better than that at Pick 2.

He’ll be a very good mid, no doubt. Maybe a top 15 mid when he’s at his peak, but he doesn’t look like a game breaker with a step or attribute that will make him a top tier player. I also thought his game against the Geelong VFL side was very ordinary when he was really tested.

And we need better than that at Pick 2.
So not pedestrian as you originally claimed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Edmund has just mentioned that there are “reports” of JUH being disillusioned with the Bulldogs and that rival clubs think he could potentially be gettable.
This would certainly have us very interested!
I’d be staggered if the Bulldogs even considered it, but with Naughton a long term KPF and the rapid rise of Sam Darcy you never know what could happen if we went hard enough.

Sam Edmund has just mentioned that there are “reports” of JUH being disillusioned with the Bulldogs and that rival clubs think he could potentially be gettable.
This would certainly have us very interested!
I’d be staggered if the Bulldogs even considered it, but with Naughton a long term KPF and the rapid rise of Sam Darcy you never know what could happen if we went hard enough.

Our midfield issues are significant but I’d happily offer Pick 2 and more for Jamarra. Kid is going to be a freak. We can certainly promise him game-time.

But I think in the position we’re in we can’t afford to offer Pick 2 and our future first – it would set us back too far. Would Pick 2 and a future second get it done? I doubt the Bulldogs would entertain it.

Our midfield issues are significant but I’d happily offer Pick 2 and more for Jamarra. Kid is going to be a freak. We can certainly promise him game-time.

But I think in the position we’re in we can’t afford to offer Pick 2 and our future first – it would set us back too far. Would Pick 2 and a future second get it done? I doubt the Bulldogs would entertain it.
I agree, I think our midfield is our most pressing need, but if this sort of opportunity were to present I think we would have to jump at it.
I also agree that 2 firsts is too much for us give up, but not unreasonable for the Dogs to ask for…there is the problem.
Although I think they would be after more than just draft picks, considering they are in such a good position list wise and likely to be challenging for a flag for awhile.
Highly unlikely this will eventuate but it’s a fun prospect to think about.

Why on earth would the guy be 'disillusioned' after 6 months?

Probably just the media stirring up drama. Pick 1 who isn’t getting played frustrated that he’s not getting played = he’s disillusioned and wants a trade. Still since it’s a hypothetical thread I guess if there was any place to explore a likely bullshit rumour it’s here

Why on earth would the guy be 'disillusioned' after 6 months?

The two reasons given were Schache being selected before him despite JUH coming off 5 goals in the VFL.

And he wasn't even included in the extended travelling squad for their hub stay.

The two reasons given were Schache being selected before him despite JUH coming off 5 goals in the VFL.

And he wasn't even included in the extended travelling squad for their hub stay.
I would hope this is untrue.

Because if it is, that's some of the worst prima-donna s**t I've ever heard, and other clubs would be wary of someone with such a sense of entitlement.

I would hope this is untrue.

Because if it is, that's some of the worst prima-donna sh*t I've ever heard, and other clubs would be wary of someone with such a sense of entitlement.

He may not be throwing the toys out of the cot over it, but he could be slightly impatient and wanting to get in on the wins at AFL level and it's being interpreted as 'he's frustrated and wants to leave'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back