Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So no visitors but you can travel 25ks and hang with people but not at their house lol .

Gyms to remain shut because they’re dangerous , yes obesity is extremely dangerous . This state is a bloody joke

Don't forget to mention Merlino backflipped on the promises to lift outdoor mask mandates, now it's back on despite zero point in doing so and does nothing, and again, no dates or targets to start easing restrictions.

This is deja vu all over again, this is the exact same harsh lockdown we had a year ago where "lifting" restrictions have seen little difference, its still mostly the same s**t.

Don't forget to mention Merlino backflipped on the promises to lift outdoor mask mandates, now it's back on despite zero point in doing so and does nothing,

Yep, that backflip is pretty disappointing... Although, I must say that I'd be a lot more disappointed if the weather wasn't so freaking cold... I've found that on my recent walks in this 10-13 degree weather that Melbourne is serving up right now, the mask actually keeps my face quite warm. I'd probably have a kangas scarf wrapped around my schnoz if the mask wasn't there.

Media can't work out why you can have the ultimate one on one contact at a brothel but can't go to a gym. Simple really - whose vote is vital to Dan to keep the State of Emergency in place? Fiona Patten (Reason Party, formerly Sex Party), leading champion for the sex industry. I'm sure her vote comes with conditions. I suspect this is one pay back.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Media can't work out why you can have the ultimate one on one contact at a brothel but can't go to a gym. Simple really - whose vote is vital to Dan to keep the State of Emergency in place? Fiona Patten (Reason Party, formerly Sex Party), leading champion for the sex industry. I'm sure her vote comes with conditions. I suspect this is one pay back.
Is it because of numbers attending the sites? I suspect it’s some reason a bit sensible. Also the gym owners’ talking point about how no-one ever got infected at a gym has been walked back already.

Also media could work out more if they stopped wasting time asking stupid questions.

Is it because of numbers attending the sites? I suspect it’s some reason a bit sensible. Also the gym owners’ talking point about how no-one ever got infected at a gym has been walked back already.
I would suspect the average brothel would be light on record keeping - reckon Patten has just earned her first pay back IMHO. In terms of gyms, the questioning today about which gym the Gov was talking about re risk and past cases did not seem conclusive. Now speculation is it was a 'home gym'.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I would suspect the average brothel would be light on record keeping - reckon Patten has just earned her first pay back IMHO. In terms of gyms, the questioning today about which gym the Gov was talking about re risk and past cases did not seem conclusive. Now speculation is it was a 'home gym'.
Pretty big home gym to see 27 cases last year, which was the tally according to Prof Sutton.

Pretty big home gym to see 27 cases last year, which was the tally according to Prof Sutton.
Thats what was reported - I don't know from experience. Was said a home gym with multi people coming in and out of large garage so little control on healthy practices. I am only going on what I heard - might well be wrong. I'm not a gym person (hard to believe, I know) so hard to have an opinion on whether they should be open or not. But when it comes to brothels..........

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL

A masterpiece of made up bullshit even by your spectacular standards.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Thats what was reported - I don't know from experience. Was said a home gym with multi people coming in and out of large garage so little control on healthy practices. I am only going on what I heard - might well be wrong. I'm not a gym person (hard to believe, I know) so hard to have an opinion on whether they should be open or not. But when it comes to brothels..........
I feel a lot of sympathy for owners or gyms or any other places that have invested in making them as safe as possible and seem still to be dragged back by the lowest in their industries. But I also understand why those responsible for public health have to make blanket decisions. Meanwhile, spokespeople for hospitality - which could keep operating throughout, under strict conditions and has just had those conditions substantially relaxed - just keep whining that they should have it easier. Even in Melbourne, a cafe is not essential, and they are in the news every bloody day.

This is just spectacularly ridiculous.

Absolute nonsense.

If you can't figure out why a Gym might be more of a Covid-exposure risk than a Brothel, without resorting to weird political conspiracy theories, then gee whiz...

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most people that visit a gym are health conscious .
For me it is a big part of my recovery both mentally and physically. It’s a place I go to forget the s**t that seems to follow me . Just five hours a week and I feel great for having done it .
Now I could go and get my haircut which is lovely but not relevant to much . Have also been informed I will be without power for at least the next three days . Fun times aye

I feel a lot of sympathy for owners or gyms or any other places that have invested in making them as safe as possible and seem still to be dragged back by the lowest in their industries. But I also understand why those responsible for public health have to make blanket decisions. Meanwhile, spokespeople for hospitality - which could keep operating throughout, under strict conditions and has just had those conditions substantially relaxed - just keep whining that they should have it easier. Even in Melbourne, a cafe is not essential, and they are in the news every bloody day.
Fair call. I suppose if your business is quietly disintegrating you are going to fight to the death. One interesting aside is the constant request to show the public the public health advice on which these decisions are made. It is never forthcoming. I suppose a lot of the decisions are more of a risk analysis than well researched fact based advice. I get that too.

Most people that visit a gym are health conscious .

How many times have you gone to a gym and seen someone who doesn't properly wipe down their equipment after use?
How many times have you gone to a gym and had to get changed in a poorly ventilated change room with 12 other blokes who are having showers/getting changed?
How many times have you gone to a gym and been using equipment next to someone blowing hard because they're pushing out their last reps/last 500m/etc?

Now multiple those risks by the number of people in the gym at one time, and now multiply that by the number of people who access the gym that day.

THAT is why gyms are considered high risk.

How many times have you gone to a gym and seen someone who doesn't properly wipe down their equipment after use?
How many times have you gone to a gym and had to get changed in a poorly ventilated change room with 12 other blokes who are having showers/getting changed?
How many times have you gone to a gym and been using equipment next to someone blowing hard because they're pushing out their last reps/last 500m/etc?

Now multiple those risks by the number of people in the gym at one time, and now multiply that by the number of people who access the gym that day.

THAT is why gyms are considered high risk.
I have never - but that doesn't mean it can't be done. They would have to have a 'covid plan' like any other business. Limited numbers to space, cleaning regime etc. I don't give a stuff really as I am not a gym person but I am sure it would not be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back