Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, I wake up and BTC is nearly back to 37k overnight! The El Salvador news definitely having an impact now. It outperformed all major alts by a fair way too.
BTC dominance broke to the upside out of a falling wedge.

The El Salvador news is probably the most bullish adoption news for BTC I've seen. Far bigger than Elon.

Okay, it is somewhat more legitimate. But not to the extent some would want you to believe. That's why celebrities and whales can manipulate it so easily.

And you just have to look at the new wave of crypto influencers coming through. It's all about memecoins and pump and dumps. That's not going to change. It gets more eyes and money coming through, sure. But it's not a good thing long term for the product as a whole because it dictates a certain direction.

It's all well and good to blindly say just hold and all will be fine. It's probably true. But there are still big problems with crypto as a product that haven't been answered.

Meme coins have dropped off considerably since they got dumped on and utterly wrecked.

There's very little talk of them in any of the platforms I follow compared to pre the last crash.

Meme coins have dropped off considerably since they got dumped on and utterly wrecked.

There's very little talk of them in any of the platforms I follow compared to pre the last crash.
Yep, have seen a major shift to people being bullish on the fundamentals of legitimate projects now, which is great for the space. Solana is getting massively talked up on TikTok this week, where normally memecoins are the rage.

BTC dominance broke to the upside out of a falling wedge.

The El Salvador news is probably the most bullish adoption news for BTC I've seen. Far bigger than Elon.
So many other countries are wanting to get in on the action too, Tonga looks like it could be next. This is the type of legitimacy the space needs so that Tweets from influencers like Elon no longer have an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have to be due to the parachain auction on Polkadot coming up this month. DOT is starting to perform better as a result too, good time to be in both.

Nah, it's due to KSM just running their parachain auction.

Everything goes through KSM now before it gets to DOT.

That's what KSM is, DOTs testing platform.

Good lead going forward for how DOTs might go in the future though.

Nah, it's due to KSM just running their parachain auction.

Everything goes through KSM now before it gets to DOT.

That's what KSM is, DOTs testing platform.

Good lead going forward for how DOTs might go in the future though.
Oh ok, so if this goes well then it bodes well for DOT? Why is the KSM price about 10 times that of DOT if it is only the testing platform?

Does anyone else on here use BlockFi/Nexo/Celcius to accumulate interest on their BTC/ETH holdings? I am using Nexo for now and love that it deposits the interest daily; currently earning 7% on my BTC and ETH as I am receiving the interest as Nexo tokens (which has actually seen a good rise over the last couple of days).

Both hard wallets and soft wallets. I assume nobody is keeping their money on exchanges for any serious length of time.
I’ll be keeping mine on exchanges until the true bear market is here. However, this isn’t 2016 anymore, the security on exchanges these days is using similar tech to those for soft/hard wallets. A lot are also insured now in case of a hack. Keep to the big exchanges and you’ll be fine.

Yeah cool, I understand how market caps work. The price of KSM is hugely inflated if it is just a testing platform for DOT, so I’m just trying to understand the differences between each.
I'm not sure you fully understand then...

A quick search shows there's a total supply of around 1 billion DOT tokens. There's a total supply of 10 million KSM tokens. Hence the difference in token value.

Looking at the price of a token tells you absolutely nothing if you're not accounting for MC and supply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back