Prediction Which players get traded or delisted at the end of the year?

Which players get delisted or traded at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just added in a few more that were mentioned by others.
Kmac is a required player imo. He's underrated , he's tough and can play tall or small.
Wingers play against whoever the oppo winger is. Oppo winger Cox had a blinder last week. He's out of contract, and knowing RFC I doubt if his new offer would be huge. He'd stay unless he got a better offer from clubs back home.

They've been on the rookie list for their 3rd year, so need to be upgraded or delisted and go back into the draft.
Yes we could shift other players like Cumberland or Martyn onto the rookie list, but we have to start moving on our 30+ year olds at some stage or we're going to end up like Geelong or North having to lose a massive chunk of them all at once.
The club hasn't had to face list decisions on aging club champions. Grigg & Newman retired (moved into coaching) Astbury is tricky, see how he plays when he returns. Miller has had no games, but knows our system and could slot into KPD spot.
I can't see Astbury dropping to the rookie list. (I don't think we can just swap a player from one list to the other. Astbury would have to be delisted and then taken in the rookie draft I believe)
That's more for young, fringe players Likely he gets offered one year by us. If he wants to go to a club offering 2 years then go for it. You are a long time retired. He'd be thinking coaching now, he'd be a good coach. I wouldn't offer Houli another year. I reckon Short is playing his role anyhow. And if Caddy is traded then the age profile improves.

Did you even read the post that I was replying to calling out Astbury and Naish to stay on? Exactly why I said that we needed the list spots
Even with those picks that you've suggested, with the 3 rookies we need to elevate (Aarts, Pickett & Stack) that still only leaves 4 senior spots when we have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.
Sorry, didn't realise I was meant to be sticking to RJK's views on who would or wouldn't retire!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Matt Arnot vibes from Jack Ross

David Gourdis vibes for Garthwaite.

Both goneeeeee

Patty Naish would have been a good story, but just not a competitor that Dimma invests in. Dimma likes caged pitbulls, Mansall, Parker, Baker, all little ferals that like a punch up. While Naish wants to have a giggle, laugh and a kick around for fun. Don't see how he stays.

Chol would have been on my list, but gee he showed something the last few weeks. Took some big marks, very good in traffic, and plays as a midfielder once he concludes his ruck duties.

Did you even read the post that I was replying to calling out Astbury and Naish to stay on? Exactly why I said that we needed the list spots
Even with those picks that you've suggested, with the 3 rookies we need to elevate (Aarts, Pickett & Stack) that still only leaves 4 senior spots when we have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.
Unless we upgrade those picks, turning six into four better picks. Four inside 25/30 would be gold.

The other possibility is that some get bundled up for a target we may have in mind.

Will our mature players play on to 2022-2023?
Edwards.
cotchin.
jack.
houli.
astbury

..depends, if we are in contention for more premierships l think they’ll all stay and play on in 2022 and maybe 2023.
if we are not in contention for premierships then l think it’s going to be harder to see them all with the enthusiasm for the riggers of AFL life. Some may leave (like a pure gentleman by the name of S. Grigg) to make room for some young guns.

the timing of it all......
most of our young squad are two to three years away before they start to mature and become solid players.
There’s a whole group of them at age 20 to 22 Atm.
we may dip in 2023-24 where our old players will be gone or on the way out and our young squad start to mature and come in to be solid contributors In 2025 and beyond.

George would be on fu**all he ain’t taking money from anyone lol. More like Bolton holds out for too much and it pushes out CCJ & KMac.

No matter how much you pot him he’s still going to be three time Tigers premiership player.

Never said he wasn't but I insist he'll be the worst all-time 3-time premiership player. I'm not poting him just saying he is poo.

The club hasn't had to face list decisions on aging club champions. Grigg & Newman retired (moved into coaching)
We clearly cocked up with Newman for one or two years too long, caught in the "Romance" of him winning a final, he should've retired one if not two seasons before he did.

Will our mature players play on to 2022-2023?
Edwards.
cotchin.
jack.
houli.
astbury

..depends, if we are in contention for more premierships l think they’ll all stay and play on in 2022 and maybe 2023.
if we are not in contention for premierships then l think it’s going to be harder to see them all with the enthusiasm for the riggers of AFL life. Some may leave (like a pure gentleman by the name of S. Grigg) to make room for some young guns.

the timing of it all......
most of our young squad are two to three years away before they start to mature and become solid players.
There’s a whole group of them at age 20 to 22 Atm.
we may dip in 2023-24 where our old players will be gone or on the way out and our young squad start to mature and come in to be solid contributors In 2025 and beyond.
By end of '23, in addition to these 5, we'll also have Lambert 32, Martin 32, Grimes 32, Caddy 31, Prestia 31. Lynch 31, Broad 30. Win a flag or not, I'd be shuffling 2 old players off each year. First Houli, Astbury ( maybe Caddy). Next year Cotch & ?? I feel like Houli and Astbury are covered already. Inside mid is problematic. RCD looks OK.
As JR replacement CJ looks the goods after 2 or 3 games. See if we can retain him. Chol looked OK too.

We clearly cocked up with Newman for one or two years too long, caught in the "Romance" of him winning a final, he should've retired one if not two seasons before he did.
Hindsight is 20:20. Right now the list is all getting played on its merits. And we are tracking like previous years. I wonder when is the pattern going to be broken and we don't win enough games to make top? All "records" are waiting to be broken. Yes, RFC played well in finals. Will that continue? I'm glad we have Balme list managing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hindsight is 20:20. Right now the list is all getting played on its merits. And we are tracking like previous years. I wonder when is the pattern going to be broken and we don't win enough games to make top? All "records" are waiting to be broken. Yes, RFC played well in finals. Will that continue? I'm glad we have Balme list managing.
For what its worth, I did call out us carrying Newman at the time, and used Sewell at Hawthorn being moved on as the example of we should have done from memory.

But you're right, we as a club are tending to make much better decisions these days. Adn I'll back us in until proven otherise.

By end of '23, in addition to these 5, we'll also have Lambert 32, Martin 32, Grimes 32, Caddy 31, Prestia 31. Lynch 31, Broad 30. Win a flag or not, I'd be shuffling 2 old players off each year. First Houli, Astbury ( maybe Caddy). Next year Cotch & ?? I feel like Houli and Astbury are covered already. Inside mid is problematic. RCD looks OK.
As JR replacement CJ looks the goods after 2 or 3 games. See if we can retain him. Chol looked OK too.
As long as we are in the premiership window we will always play the strongest team we can.
but the natural timing of it all pretty well cements what we are saying. but as they retire we will be trading and stocking up with some talent as we’ve got some good trades.

And we are a team players want to play for.....

We don’t need anymore 18yo imo. Unless they’re special, extra special. I just hope we get some good 22-24 year olds to keep us in the hunt. We don’t need anymore 26+ year olds atm.

bolton is our key for the future......

could you emagine he does a dusty and signs with us just before the GF.......
and then wins a norm smith medal.

What are people who have seen VFL games feeling about Dow. A keeper with a couple more years deserved to assess? Looking likely?
i hold him similarly to rcd, obviously a different type of player, but would compliment our future midfield of graham, rcd, bolton, dow. all with points of difference that would work well together as a midfield

dow has edwards' hands but his kicking isn't as elite at this stage

ross and martyn while good have much less potential for me, seems they will just be solid miles types at best but those types can be useful as depth, just don't think ross will wanna hang around for too long

i hold him similarly to rcd, obviously a different type of player, but would compliment our future midfield of graham, rcd, bolton, dow. all with points of difference that would work well together as a midfield

dow has edwards' hands but his kicking isn't as elite at this stage

ross and martyn while good have much less potential for me, seems they will just be solid miles types at best but those types can be useful as depth, just don't think ross will wanna hang around for too long
Don't forget we have a few good picks next draft to bring in a couple of mids if we don't trade the picks. And even if we do trade one, or even two, it could well be for mid. One for a ready to go, and one for best available kid. Still leaves a couple for a defender and another target. Dow just looks a bit vanilla from the limited minutes I've seen.. limited being highlighted here!

Don't forget we have a few good picks next draft to bring in a couple of mids if we don't trade the picks. And even if we do trade one, or even two, it could well be for mid. One for a ready to go, and one for best available kid. Still leaves a couple for a defender and another target. Dow just looks a bit vanilla from the limited minutes I've seen.. limited being highlighted here!
very limited, no vfl last year, 1 afl game and then i think he's only been back for 2-3 vfl games this year and now another vfl break coming back from appendicitis or w/e it was

i can see how you'd say he's vanilla however i do believe that he's more dynamic than that by the way he moves through traffic and gets handballs out. it's a wait and see but if ross and martyn are vanilla, he's much less vanilla than them

For what its worth, I did call out us carrying Newman at the time, and used Sewell at Hawthorn being moved on as the example of we should have done from memory.

But you're right, we as a club are tending to make much better decisions these days. Adn I'll back us in until proven otherise.

I was vocal on this too back in the day and you are right.
We were obsessed with getting him a finals win.
Should have made the call on him at the end of 2013.

Matt Arnot vibes from Jack Ross

David Gourdis vibes for Garthwaite.

Both goneeeeee

Patty Naish would have been a good story, but just not a competitor that Dimma invests in. Dimma likes caged pitbulls, Mansall, Parker, Baker, all little ferals that like a punch up. While Naish wants to have a giggle, laugh and a kick around for fun. Don't see how he stays.

Chol would have been on my list, but gee he showed something the last few weeks. Took some big marks, very good in traffic, and plays as a midfielder once he concludes his ruck duties.
Chol is 2021 Balta

Back