Ross Lyon 2022

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
Harvey took that team to the second week of the finals 12 months prior coming off a rebuild.
At the time (read our boards) we generally considered Chris Scott as a key cog in getting to those finals and the performances. After he left to win the premiership the next year at the cats much at Freo quickly went downhill (interestingly similar to what Collingwood has been dealing with). RBB brought consistency, got the most out of the foot soldiers and mental toughness, all of which Carlton could benefit from.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Shannon M

All Australian
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
and do you think Mark harvey would of got freo to a premiership?

My point is a coach that was completely out of his depth like Harvey could get that team to the second week of the finals coming off a rebuild.

Finals were basically a guarantee for any coach that could motivate the list.

Shannon M

All Australian
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
At the time (read our boards) we generally considered Chris Scott as a key cog in getting to those finals and the performances. After he left to win the premiership the next year at the cats much at Freo quickly went downhill (interestingly similar to what Collingwood has been dealing with). RBB brought consistency, got the most out of the foot soldiers and mental toughness, all of which Carlton could benefit from.

Chris Scott took over one of the great sides of all time from an ice addict.

That team practically coached itself.

Shannon M

All Australian
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
1. What did he say?
2. What was she wearing?

Without knowing the answers to those questions it's impossible to know if he even did anything wrong.

They paid hush money and kept it very quiet. You don't pay hush money if you are innocent. Fremantle and Lyon have more resources at their disposal to fight it in court than the complainant. Would have cost no more than the hush money too.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Lyon will be approaching 56yo at the time of the 2022 GF, and only two men (Malthouse & Jeans) have won a flag beyond 54. Questionable whether either of these clubs can be ready to contend so soon. Throw in that Lyon will have been out of the system for two years; there are better candidates out there.
Such as...

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
They paid hush money and kept it very quiet. You don't pay hush money if you are innocent. Fremantle and Lyon have more resources at their disposal to fight it in court than the complainant. Would have cost no more than the hush money too.
That source ?
Were the AFL involved in the decisions?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Such as...

Chris Scott was mentioned as a possible on Classified. Maybe Leppitsch or Uncrazy Vossy. I'd be looking at Buckley before Lyon for the Carlton job.

Not sure about Clarko for similar reasons to Lyon. Will he still be coaching well enough in two or three years to get an underachiever to the top?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
He was more complimentary than most Carlton supporters when analysing our list earlier in the year.

I don’t really want him as coach, but there’s clearly some interest from his end, and we could do worse than sign him up on a shorter term contract to see what he can do.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
5 figures is far less than getting lawyers heavily involved. There's also a decent chance Ross was somewhat impolite and inappropriate without it being something that reflects his overall character or should impact his future employment.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
i beg to differ on the popular opinion that Carlton have the better list going fwd and just need to top up
HELLO,theyve topped up....with the likes of McGovern,Williams,Saad & Martin and theyve splashed out an exorbitant amount to boot
And not one of them is A grade,not one:oops:

Do Carlton know what 600,700,800 & 900k usually buys you ? i'll give u some eg's Carlton

A/ a norm smith winning premiership HB,Johannisen as an eg
B /a premiership,brownlow medal winning captain,Cotchin as an eg
C/a premiership winning,leading goalkicking,matchwinning proven superstar,Franklin as an eg
Do Carlton supporters realise Williams is being paid the same as Lance Franklin ?:rolleyes::oops: that is truly unhinged

Walsh is the only star A grader in that side week in week out
McKay has the potential no doubt
Weitering is solid,but hes no A grader
Cripps was, but isnt this year and wasnt last year,theres no point living 2019,2022 is around the corner,'19 is long gone
& theres a fair assesment atm that hes cooked,for good
They'll be dumping Betts,Murphy,Casboult,Curnow an about a half dozen more in 9 weeks time
Pittonet isnt the answer in the ruck,hes a spud
Jones who's KPB has 2 years left,dont forget he served 6 yrs @ dogs before he went over
C.Curnow will never reach the heights due to debillitating injury,thats straight from the clubs mouth
There in big trouble due to having too many C graders imo ,its gonna get worse before its better with them

Carlton as a club is delusional

Shannon M

All Australian
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
That source ?
Were the AFL involved in the decisions?

Lyon would have sued if the allegations were untrue.

Lyon's response saying it was a workplace matter blah blah blah says it all.

If he didn't sexually harass the woman he would have strenuously deny anything of the sort ever happening. You don't let the allegations hang out there in the open then come up with a weasel worded way to dance around the subject when asked.

Shannon M

All Australian
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
5 figures is far less than getting lawyers heavily involved. There's also a decent chance Ross was somewhat impolite and inappropriate without it being something that reflects his overall character or should impact his future employment.

It wouldn't be a complicated case. Would not be expensive for Fremantle or Lyon. Especially with what they make.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Lyon would have sued if the allegations were untrue.

Lyon's response saying it was a workplace matter blah blah blah says it all.

If he didn't sexually harass the woman he would have strenuously deny anything of the sort ever happening. You don't let the allegations hang out there in the open then come up with a weasel worded way to dance around the subject when asked.
So its your opinion, fine .

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I love how people assume he’s just gonna coach exactly the same way now as he did before.

he tried to open up and attack more with Freo in the last few years, but we had neither the skill nor the targets forward to score.

now, after a refresh & some time in media analyzing the game, plus new rules, I feel like he would be fine.

I don’t think you’d see the same slow defensive style of footy.

there’s no reason why such a good tactician of the game can’t come up with a game plan to suit the modern game. I reckon you will still see defense first, but with a new emphasis on attack.

a lot of Freo and St Kilda players still love the bloke. Reckon Pies would be a perfect spot. Already know how to defend, so they can work on ball movement

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love how people assume he’s just gonna coach exactly the same way now as he did before.

he tried to open up and attack more with Freo in the last few years, but we had neither the skill nor the targets forward to score.

now, after a refresh & some time in media analyzing the game, plus new rules, I feel like he would be fine.

I don’t think you’d see the same slow defensive style of footy.

there’s no reason why such a good tactician of the game can’t come up with a game plan to suit the modern game. I reckon you will still see defense first, but with a new emphasis on attack.

a lot of Freo and St Kilda players still love the bloke. Reckon Pies would be a perfect spot. Already know how to defend, so they can work on ball movement
Well said, who knows how he may come back.

Coaching is more than game plan. It’s buy in and getting the best out of players, something Ross has done we’ll many times

Back