Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

1623212741213.png

At this point you’d just cotton wool jed and Corr also and just get them fully fit for preseason

no point to get back for 2-3 games at the end of the year Only to risk further injury
Thats a fair call and probably sensible but I still can't believe Luke is back before him.

Corr was said to be responding well to a change in treatment several weeks back - he could appear sooner than expected but will need to play VFL no doubt.

They keep talking about Comben being back later in the year for a few weeks - you would have to assume VFL unless its soon after the bye which may get him fit for a slim chance of AFL. I would assume they would love to get him a game at the higher level as a taster and see how the mystery forward strategy works! I certainly would.

FWIW - I 'm not in the camp of 'put them in cotton wool' , though I get it, I'm keen for best 22 as soon as possible and if its the last round of the God forsaken year then so be it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Corr was said to be responding well to a change in treatment several weeks back - he could appear sooner than expected but will need to play VFL no doubt.

They keep talking about Comben being back later in the year for a few weeks - you would have to assume VFL unless its soon after the bye which may get him fit for a slim chance of AFL. I would assume they would love to get him a game at the higher level as a taster and see how the mystery forward strategy works! I certainly would.

FWIW - I 'm not in the camp of 'put them in cotton wool' , though I get it, I'm keen for best 22 as soon as possible and if its the last round of the God forsaken year then so be it.

I suspect the infection should have killed him 2 weeks ago. :D

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

It's okay for the experienced blokes, but it's a setback for the younger ones.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
adelaide 10 on injury list and 3 returning soon(test or 1 week).
Brisbane 8 and 2
Carlton 10 and 4
Pies 10 and 5
* 12 and 3
Freo 15 and 5
Geelong 8 and 7 (WTF)
GC 9 and 5
GWS 9 and 3
Hawks 8 and 4
Melb 8 and 5
North 14 and 5
Port 8 and 2
Rich 7 and 4
Stk 14 and 6
Swans 5 and 1
WC 14 and 7
Dogs 8 and 3
Ive just been going though the injury list. Some interesting numbers.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
adelaide 10 on injury list and 3 returning soon(test or 1 week).
Brisbane 8 and 2
Carlton 10 and 4
Pies 10 and 5
* 12 and 3
Freo 15 and 5
Geelong 8 and 7 (WTF)
GC 9 and 5
GWS 9 and 3
Hawks 8 and 4
Melb 8 and 5
North 14 and 5
Port 8 and 2
Rich 7 and 4
Stk 14 and 6
Swans 5 and 1
WC 14 and 7
Dogs 8 and 3
Ive just been going though the injury list. Some interesting numbers.

Freo 15 / 5
W. C. 14 / 7 really interesting.

How many clubs actually train on the ground they play on ? Cats, Suns, Lions ? Lower numbers there certainly.

joegreen

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This came from the in the mix article this afternoon but has some injury updates. Seems Spicer has had a setback with his hammy...

In the mix, R14: Who's pushing for selection, who's under the pump? (afl.com.au)

Kangaroos duo Kyron Hayden and Jared Polec are both closing on returns after they each suffered long-term hamstring setbacks. However, the club will continue to take a patient approach with both, meaning comebacks for Saturday's clash with the Lions could be unlikely. Exciting youngster Phoenix Spicer has also suffered a hamstring setback of his own and won't be available in the near-future. Taylor Garner looked to hurt his lower leg in the latter stages of last Sunday's draw with the Giants, with his availability not yet known. Don't expect too many changes after a promising showing in Hobart last week. Curtis Taylor might come into the equation having not entered the action last week as an unused medical substitute.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This came from the in the mix article this afternoon but has some injury updates. Seems Spicer has had a setback with his hammy...

In the mix, R14: Who's pushing for selection, who's under the pump? (afl.com.au)

Kangaroos duo Kyron Hayden and Jared Polec are both closing on returns after they each suffered long-term hamstring setbacks. However, the club will continue to take a patient approach with both, meaning comebacks for Saturday's clash with the Lions could be unlikely. Exciting youngster Phoenix Spicer has also suffered a hamstring setback of his own and won't be available in the near-future. Taylor Garner looked to hurt his lower leg in the latter stages of last Sunday's draw with the Giants, with his availability not yet known. Don't expect too many changes after a promising showing in Hobart last week. Curtis Taylor might come into the equation having not entered the action last week as an unused medical substitute.
Was pretty clear something was NQR with Spicer's injury, iirc he's been TBC for a bit on the list.
Glad that the first two mentioned are inching closer to a return.

surely they have a scan on garner by now
Did they ever end up getting one on Spicer after saying they couldn't assess it right away because no medicos were in the state :stern look:

This should be the update for this week based on the Club's June 9 Injury list:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jed AndersonAnkle3-4 weeks
Aiden BonarAnkle4-5 weeks
Kyron HaydenHamstringTest
Matt McGuinnessFoot1-2 weeks
Luke McDonaldPectoral1-2 weeks
Jared PolecHamstring1 week
Will WalkerCalf1 week
Taylor GarnerAnkleTBC
Charlie CombenLegTBC
Aidan CorrFootTBC