Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.saints.com.au/news/955857

Was it someone on here, or someone in the media who said after the game last weekend that Max needs to be told to hit 5 or 6 contests every quarter? Can't wait to see how he goes this weekend.
Whether it's been a game plan decision or Max's own hesitancy, he has been a totally different player since the Geelong game. The Geelong game was probably the best he's looked in terms of getting to good spots, reading the play and holding his marks. He's looked like more of a decoy the past month. Hopefully he can at least get back to presenting at the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we'd drop Clav. We desperately need to develop another KPD so quite the odd choice, thought he looked ok.

Also bring Bytel back. Bytel for Highmore, I like what Tom has shown but not really sure what his (Highmore's) role will be.

Find it quite strange that we go in with only 1 tall back and have 2 on the emergency list.

Not sure why we'd drop Clav. We desperately need to develop another KPD so quite the odd choice, thought he looked ok.

Also bring Bytel back. Bytel for Highmore, I like what Tom has shown but not really sure what his (Highmore's) role will be.
Highmore will play Clavs role. Unfortunately Highmore couldn't get near the footy playing in the forward half. That experiment didn't work.

No other KPD named either, assuming battle goes back?
Wood playing with his hammie off the bone, Connolly miraculously recovered to join Joyce Clav as emergencies.

I'm not convinced the team will remain the same on Saturday.

Last edited:
So presumably the team is something like:

FB: Highmore, Howard, Webster
HB: Coffield, Wilkie, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hill
HF: Billings, Battle, Higgins
FF: Hunter, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Dunstan
IC: Lonie, Long, Byrnes, Wood

It's a weird team, too many mid-size players - Wood, Battle, Highmore, Wilkie.

They are some of the least inspiring inclusions I've seen for a while but I guess that beggars can't be choosers, at least we have a full team.

Clavarino out for Hunter is puzzling, you'd think we would be better off getting games into a young player than a guy we'll delist at the end of the year.

They are some of the least inspiring inclusions I've seen for a while but I guess that beggars can't be choosers, at least we have a full team.

Clavarino out for Hunter is puzzling, you'd think we would be better off getting games into a young player than a guy we'll delist at the end of the year.

Is Clavarino a ruckman?

So presumably the team is something like:

FB: Highmore, Howard, Webster
HB: Coffield, Wilkie, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hill
HF: Billings, Battle, Higgins
FF: Hunter, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Dunstan
IC: Lonie, Long, Byrnes, Wood

It's a weird team, too many mid-size players - Wood, Battle, Highmore, Wilkie.

Crows have a very tall team backline. They got a smallish midfield in terms of height, and bunch of small forwards who are around 177 to 183. But their backline is very tall but mobile though. it makes sense to go with Battle and Wood with Hunter/Ryder resting up there.

I keep saying it but it would have been good to have a guy like Bruce playing as the main KPF so that King could develop playing as the second or third tall with a lesser defender on him. Some players thrive on responsibility and gain confidence from nowhere but he looks like Jack Watts used to where you could see the nail through the heart of his confidence with every disappointment. He must be under so much strain and even signing him to a rich contract early does nothing but ratchet that up.

I'm prone to thinkng the worst but I have this sense of dread watching him now and having his brother up in Queensland playing to no crowds and roaming around where no-one sits on him and seeing him play light carefree footy makes me worry for Max. He's our blue chip stock, he's not a guy with question marks, it will only be poor management that holds his career back. Hopefully they are doing everything possible to get his development right.
That was supposed to be Marshall of course with membrey on the side plus I thought Battle was to chip in as well . Didn’t think there was room for Bruce however............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back