List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUNS YOUNG GUN POISED TO RE-COMMIT
GOLD Coast has started talks to extend the contract of former No.11 draft pick Sam Flanders.

The highly rated youngster is in the final season of his initial two-year draft contract with the club and was seen as a future target for clubs in his native Victoria.

However, after Flanders had spent the first 18 months at the Suns assessing the club's direction, his management – Hemisphere Management – has entered into negotiations on a new deal.

The 19-year-old midfielder played his best game for the Suns in his 13th AFL match before the bye – picking up 19 disposals in a win against Hawthorn.

CppjWJFY.jpg

Gold Coast youngster Sam Flanders fires off a handball against Brisbane in round nine on May 15, 2021. Picture: Getty Images

Talks on a fresh contract are expected to ramp up in coming weeks.

Flanders is currently one of six players selected in the first round of the 2019 NAB AFL Draft who remain unsigned beyond this season.

Sydney's Dylan Stephens (No.4), Geelong's Cooper Stephens (No.16), Carlton's Brodie Kemp (No.17) and Richmond's Thomson Dow (No.21) are out of contract, while Western Bulldogs livewire Cody Weightman (pick No.15) has done his future value no harm with a blistering month of form. – Mitch Cleary

Need a few of those
Bit of difference between confidence and FIGJAM

The one we had in the 90’s went alright

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Carey was our player though lol, don’t recall him being like that as a kid other than playing well enough to demand a spot at that age

Carlton would match it. They would match anything. McKay leaving puts them back years, with overpaid players still on the list. It would be a debacle for them.

As for North, Harry has to unequivocally want to leave so the "leverage" of the PSD comes in to play & Carlton have to cop a "reasonable" trade offe (1st & 1-2 2nd round pick/s).

I reckon it's a 1000-1 shot now, but I wouldn't discount it down the track.

The problem is the goldmine they’ve paid middling flankers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon our problem is that we may not finish last and be able to get him.

We’ve won 2 of our last 26 games. Hawks have won 5 of their last 26 games.

They’d have to finish with 5 wins from 37 games, whilst we win 2 more of our last 11 (requiring pretty significant improvement).

Whilst we have improved, I don’t think our rate of improvement is rapid enough to turn it around so much in 11 games (I’d love to win 2 of those, don’t get me wrong). I understand we are getting senior players back, but I feel like it’s gonna take them a few weeks to settle into the new game plan etc. Coupled with the fact our run home isn’t what I’d call easy.

Clarko would basically have to experience his worst losing streak of his career, by far (16 losses) for them to not win a game. They are going backwards, but I think they’re likely to win one of Freo (Tas) or Collingwood.

It’s possible, but it’s not likely.

Um, you would be correct
And? What’s the problem with that?

privatisation > government run anything

didn’t go far enough, of the 1m cities in the world, we have fallen to number 2 (no further) Vienna/Vancouver have both knocked us off, but that is still 2/1,000,000

And yet you still complain.

And? What’s the problem with that?

privatisation > government run anything

didn’t go far enough, of the 1m cities in the world, we have fallen to number 2 (no further) Vienna/Vancouver have both knocked us off, but that is still 2/1,000,000

And yet you still complain.

jeepers.

If you privatise everything we will end up like the US - Greatest country in the world (as long as you’re wealthy enough to enjoy it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the duck is in

Carlton forward Harry McKay remains unsigned as Victorian rivals continue to monitor his contract situation.

McKay’s stocks have risen significantly this season with the Blues spearhead currently leading the Coleman Medal with 38 goals and is now considered one of the competition’s best key forwards.

Wayne Carey has encouraged his former club North Melbourne to make a “godfather” offer to McKay while he's in contract limbo.

Harry’s twin brother Ben recently re-signed with the Kangaroos for a further two years.

Carey wrote in The Age: “While the Blues maintain they’re not facing a salary cap squeeze, the deals they’ve done recently with Zac Williams and Adam Saad, and Mitch McGovern before them, makes you wonder how tight their cap is.

jeepers.

If you privatise everything we will end up like the US - Greatest country in the world (as long as you’re wealthy enough to enjoy it).

yep.

Privatisation is sh*t and caused Kinglake and Marysville (and Strathewan, Flowerdale, Taggerty etc etc)to burn down.
Yeah progress burnt down a forest - had nothing to do with idiots building a house amongst gum trees and then being exposed to days of 43, 43 and then 46 degrees.

Im going to assume your morning cone went down the wrong way, Ferbs.

It’s not up for debate, government by pure definition is a restriction of freedom.

yep.

Yeah progress burnt down a forest - had nothing to do with idiots building a house amongst gum trees and then being exposed to days of 43, 43 and then 46 degrees.

It’s not up for debate, government by pure definition is a restriction of freedom.
Ok. If you say so... I'll just back away quietly.

yep.

Towns that had been there for hundred plus years are not some idiots building their home among gum trees. Half a billion dollars in settlements tends to suggest those fires had everything to do with privatisation since it was privatised tight arsery that caused them in the first place.

I don't have morning cones any more. Haven't for years. In fact I don't have cones at all these days but if I get back to work and finish the couple of ton of firewood I'm doing (by hand mind you!) in the next hour I might "fire" up a vape for morning tea.

If you are seriously suggesting privatisation wasn't directly responsible for starting the Kilmore Murrindindi fire complex you are 100% wrong.

Prefer that to the impure restrictions on freedom that come from the corporate world (well maybe i wouldn't but I don't see any difference at all.)

yep.

On your first point regarding the bushfires, although housing in fire-prone areas was (is) an issue, the actual cause of the fires was directly attributable to the marketisation of the power system; when the electricity industry was privatised, the new distribution businesses boosted profits by slashing costs - one way to do this was to abolish the preventative maintenance programs of the old public authorities (in which infrastructure is checked and if necessary replaced before end-of-life) with a 'replace on breakdown' regime (which costs less). As a result, the poles and wires deteriorated, resulting in the sparking which ignited the 2009 inferno. See Recommendation 28 of the Bushfire Royal Commission Final Report.

And then on your second point, it's the civil law (passed by parliament) that provides you with such freedoms as we have in a complex, industrial society; freedom doesn't exist, it is created by law

yep.

What a f@%#ing ignorant post. Great day to be a knob towards people who choose to live in forested areas. Nice measured response Merlin007, though all on public record so you wouldn't think necessary.

I hope to God we are making him a God father offer. Surely we've learnt what to do and what not to do when approaching these things...

if there's an overarching goal to the "north can't land a big fish" narrative, it's to embarrass the footy department and discourage them from making those offers in the first place. it's not that the offers were turned down, every club makes offers to big name players that get turned down, that's just a normal part of contract negotiations, and how those guys end up on such big salaries. it's that certain members of the media feel that north should just learn their place and not step out of line. the lesson is to ignore them and do what you were going to do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back