Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Port v Cats Thurs June 10th 7:40pm EST/7:10PM CENTRAL (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish cameron never left the giants, glory hunter
Is it better to be a glory hunter or a money hunter? Or should he stay at the team that had no money left for him because they paid worse players then him far more then he was offered and did not do anything to compensate for his massively backended contract that was halved due to Covid.

No, because it happens all the time.

Look, I’m on a hiding to nothing here with cats fans and I’ll step out. It grates with me but maybe I’m in the minority.
I'm a cats supporter but it grates on me too. When he first arrived I loved seeing his passion but I've gotten tired of it. It's not a huge deal but would prefer he didn't behave like a mad supporter.

Absolutely umpired out of this qtr. disgusting just completely ruined this game.

The 4 free kicks to zip in the first 5 minutes of the last quarter which resulted in 3 straight Port goals would beg to differ.

Also never said we would win the flag, just said the age of players had little to do with winning this game, which of the 30+ brigade should be dropped?

I didn’t say Geelong can’t win the flag. There’s a point at which every team goes over the cliff and Geelong is pushing the observed limit. To pretend that age is of no consequence is to court disaster. All good while it’s holding together.

For me tonight, bona fide coach killer moment:

Final quarter, Port are coming. The kid from Port Adelaide gets taken high. He gets up, looks groggy and dazed, doesn't seem to be fit to take his kick.

Greedily, takes the kick none the less. Turns the ball over, ball goes to Jeremy Cameron. Goals. Kills all of ports momentum. Game over.

Hinkley needs to make sure he bakes the kid in the review. Blind Freddy could see he wasn't right but insisted on taking the kick anyway and it cost Port all their momentum.

Farrell was the player, bad mistake and needs to learn from it.

A lot of talk about Cameron and Hawkins tonight, but then again Rozee and Dixon kicked the same number of goals.
I look forward to us bringing back 5 or 6 players by season's end, should even things up.

From an outsiders perspective it was probably a good game.
For me of course it sucked but there is a long way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me tonight, bona fide coach killer moment:

Final quarter, Port are coming. The kid from Port Adelaide gets taken high. He gets up, looks groggy and dazed, doesn't seem to be fit to take his kick.

Greedily, takes the kick none the less. Turns the ball over, ball goes to Jeremy Cameron. Goals. Kills all of ports momentum. Game over.

Hinkley needs to make sure he bakes the kid in the review. Blind Freddy could see he wasn't right but insisted on taking the kick anyway and it cost Port all their momentum.

Dude was concussed. Trainer should be able to say he has to come off to umpire and umpire stops play until he's gone.

What happened to the style of footy Geelong played against Richmond earlier this year? It looked like they had developed a new gameplan, but it seems like thye've gone back to the slow, long down the line style they've played for a while now.

Honestly I think we've gotten better at adjusting in the moment. We can't play a full game out at top speed, because that leads to too much fatigue for any team. But last year, at least in-season, I think we had trouble going from slow to fast at the right moments. I think that's been better this year, but so that also means you'll see it a lot in some games and a lot less in others. I think it's been working.

I didn’t say Geelong can’t win the flag. There’s a point at which every team goes over the cliff and Geelong is pushing the observed limit. To pretend that age is of no consequence is to court disaster. All good while it’s holding together.

Our team has been old since 2011..We haven't dropped all that much and rebuilt our side... We stay up due to free agency and treat the draft as second rate, because its a lottery.

Our team has been old since 2011..We haven't dropped all that much and rebuilt our side... We stay up due to free agency and treat the draft as second rate, because its a lottery.

Geelong are such a well run club they probably don't need to rebuild and even after Selwood, Hawkins and Dengerfield retire they'll probably find replacments. They are always in contention year after year. Since 2004 they have only missed the finals twice and that has included 11 preliminary finals, 5 grand finals and 3 premierships. No other team has had so many top 4 finishes in that timeframe.

Weird game Port had spurts of momentum and looked unstoppable where Geelong looked very controlled and methodical. Port's way will get them into finals but Geelong's way though not exciting is the way when it comes to finals.

Farrell was the player, bad mistake and needs to learn from it.

A lot of talk about Cameron and Hawkins tonight, but then again Rozee and Dixon kicked the same number of goals.
I look forward to us bringing back 5 or 6 players by season's end, should even things up.

From an outsiders perspective it was probably a good game.
For me of course it sucked but there is a long way to go.
But how many of rozées and Dixon’s goals came from dodgy frees.

I’d be surprised if any Port fans thought we weren’t going to spud it up last night. We’ve seen this exact game play out over and over again in the past nine seasons. Losses like this barely register for me anymore. Would have 5 or so seasons ago.

well done Geelong. Torched us everywhere, from intercepting marks across HB, to the dangerous 3 in the forward line.

Still half a season to go, but this has a 2018 feel about it.

Back