Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Eagles v Tigers Sun June 13th 7:20pm EST / 5:20pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Should have seen me this sun when all the automated fuel stations were down from the internet outage and i had to get the rac to come out to me - meet me at the indian ocean turn off - then he had to drive to gero, drive back and meet me at the 90kmh speed change just before gero as he only had 15 litres the first time…

Get home at 0130am

Reason i went to perth:

Purchase a 200litre pod diesel tank for the truck so i dont run out of fuel…… it was sitting empty on the back of the truck laughing at me!!
Come to Melbourne and you’ll never have to travel more than 25k...

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Nah, we had Foundation Day on Monday which is a public holiday. Queen has her birthday later on in the year over here.

Brand for me Kranky. Especially if cruising home at your time, the wildlife are more aware. Drove the Indian once and have never been back.
Least you don’t have the extra hour from Northampton to Kalbarri. The kangaroos/wallabies are in big mobs heading into Kalbarri.
Brand all the way for me.
Caravans galore in the day on the Indian Ocean Drive, and millions of roos at night.
Kranky must have a big bull bar on his rig......

bunderson

Senior List
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Saturday 7pm game not being shown in NSW, they get the Sunday 3pm game instead (still 5 total). WA and QLD get both Saturday games, so they get 6/7 for the weekend.

As an aside, hoping Sunday 7pm is a success both on TV and at the ground. Is the perfect timeslot and like Thursday nights could become a well loved primetime slot if it works for the WA clubs.

Horrible time slot.... made for East Coast TV audience with no thought to the WA attending public.

Getting home from the footy at 9:30pm Sunday night with kids school the next day. Ridiculous decision by the AFL.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Brand all the way for me.
Caravans galore in the day on the Indian Ocean Drive, and millions of roos at night.
Kranky must have a big bull bar on his rig......
I have a truck like the profile pic with a bullbar that swats roos like a fly

and i sit on 100 so the old farts dont bother me too much

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Horrible time slot.... made for East Coast TV audience with no thought to the WA attending public.

Getting home from the footy at 9:30pm Sunday night with kids school the next day. Ridiculous decision by the AFL.
Inconveniencing an attending public who have to then get home over a public watching from home.....

Makka

Premiership Player
Aug 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Realistically West Coast still have too many top players out to beat Richmond over 4 quarters. Will probably be close to half time then all over. I hope not, but can't see it happening.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Realistically West Coast still have too many top players out to beat Richmond over 4 quarters. Will probably be close to half time then all over. I hope not, but can't see it happening.
Astbury - 100% best 18
Soldo - Would have played in the GF and is considered best 22 (specially against NicNat)
Lynch - Might be in our best 18 ;)
Nankervis - 100% best 18
Prestia - If he is out also best 18

West Coast strengths are their KPF & Ruck
and having both our rucks and full back out is still a massive loss against the eagles

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Good ins for us but unfortunately not the right ins to really sway the match up.

I think we can cover McGovern and Sheppard missing in defence, and could have covered Kennedy or Allen (perhaps both) being out. I'd be a lot more confident with Shuey, Kelly and Yeo all in the midfield because we have some pretty low intensity players in there. Richmond's pressure and run and spread really exploits that. We were better in that area last week (against Carlton, who are putrid) and Yeo is two games back now but when we don't win centre clearances we still don't have much of a plan B.

Should be a good game though. We're not the Beagles with the current outs.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Good ins for us but unfortunately not the right ins to really sway the match up.

I think we can cover McGovern and Sheppard missing in defence, and could have covered Kennedy or Allen (perhaps both) being out. I'd be a lot more confident with Shuey, Kelly and Yeo all in the midfield because we have some pretty low intensity players in there. Richmond's pressure and run and spread really exploits that. We were better in that area last week (against Carlton, who are putrid) and Yeo is two games back now but when we don't win centre clearances we still don't have much of a plan B.

Should be a good game though. We're not the Beagles with the current outs.
Dom Sheed looked pretty banged up last week , You think he will get up or last minute out

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond

To be fair it’s a rescheduled game with Thursday, Friday and Saturday night already taken by other games. Even if they wanted to have a 2nd game on Saturday night they couldn’t as the dockers play Saturday afternoon. Think their hands were tied on this one.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
FMD complaining about bloody time slots

Wish we could attend games wouldnt matter if it was at midnight

Be grateful for being in a situation where the bloody virus has stayed away from and life as you know it continues
Mate your mob got 17000 at etihad a few weeks ago.

You of all teams dont get to say s**t.

Mate your mob got 17000 at etihad a few weeks ago.

You of all teams dont get to say sh*t.

If Subi was still there, and the AFL dictated that you play a home game there every year over your club's objections, how many would turn up?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
If Subi was still there, and the AFL dictated that you play a home game there every year over your club's objections, how many would turn up?
Subis capacity - mate our waiting list to be a member is capped at 5 years although it tends to take a much longer time than that. There are tens of thousands of eagles fans dont get to watch footy live.

But thats a false equivalence - subi was a toilet - etihad is a modern well designed stadium with better viewing in most seats than the mcg, a roof so when its raining you stay dry and warm.

I suspect the reason mcg tenants hate it is because their win loss ratio is lower.

Its a seriously good ground to watch football - ive been there heaps snd was praying that when they eventually (it took 20 years of dithering) rebuilt our stadium they would take a lot of etihads design - they did.

Ive sat in shitty seats at the g and shitty seats at etihad and the etihad seats are far superior to the g.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Oh and i used to feel sympathy for your being forced to play a home game there till i realised you get extra mcg “away” games at the mcg against teams like geelong and essendon - who in the last non covid affected season, 2018 you played twice at the mcg home AND away.

Its amazing how when a big vic team wants more money from crowds the afl will destroy the integrity of the comp and gift a team a home ground advantage in the name of money.

Yet when north was broke and wanted to sell a game to the eagles in subi (where north has a large fanbase and could easily get a decent crowd as well as make some serious coin) all of a sudden the sanctity of the draw was the highest priority for the afl.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Oh and i used to feel sympathy for your being forced to play a home game there till i realised you get extra mcg “away” games at the mcg against teams like geelong and essendon - who in the last non covid affected season, 2018 you played twice at the mcg home AND away.

Its amazing how when a big vic team wants more money from crowds the afl will destroy the integrity of the comp and gift a team a home ground advantage in the name of money.

Yet when north was broke and wanted to sell a game to the eagles in subi (where north has a large fanbase and could easily get a decent crowd as well as make some serious coin) all of a sudden the sanctity of the draw was the highest priority for the afl.
2019 was COVID affected?

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Astbury - 100% best 18
Soldo - Would have played in the GF and is considered best 22 (specially against NicNat)
Lynch - Might be in our best 18 ;)
Nankervis - 100% best 18
Prestia - If he is out also best 18

West Coast strengths are their KPF & Ruck
and having both our rucks and full back out is still a massive loss against the eagles
1 decent player, 2 average players and 2 players who would barely be getting a game on your team lol wow so many injuries! How will Richmond survive?!

The AFL is contractually obligated to play 10 of the 12 biggest H&A games at the MCG. This isn't for the club's benefit, it's for the AFLs.

Also, the games they move there are because the home club wants them moved. ( Geelong might say they don't to appease their fans, but they've had plenty of chances to force the issue and keep refusing to do anything in any way that counts ).

Back