The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm cheated the cap unbeknowing to most in the club ie; the coach, the players.
Paid for it. Can't tell me the Roosters, Bronco's et al haven't done the same ?
Some clubs did iirc and got a slap and a minimal fine.

Unattractive Storm with a team of journeymen actually won the the trophy in their 2nd year. Have consistently played finals, won more trophies and shields in that time. Have produced 3 of the all time greats and many more.

GWS +GC been gifted everything in the world and achieved nothing = franchises for the sake of generating $$$

Storm have members. Put bums on seats. Generate t.v. $$$ Have put league on the map down here. Unlike the G.C. and western Sydney.
Franchise, nothing more nothing less.

Cheats, nothing more, nothing less.

Controversial finish Ferb's 🙄 It was a penalty try mate. He was decapitated in-goal ! 1.50 >

Get Stuffed Ferbs.

3 away finals in a row, coming from 10+ down at half time in each of them.

And if we can keep Harry Grant and Brando Smith on the park together we’ll s**t it in again. Who else can lose Smith, Big Tino and Suli and still be Top 4, with Papa, Munster and Jahrome Hughes to come back.

Stick it up your ass, we are better than everyone at that s**t sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everywhere he’s been from South Melbourne, Roar, Victory, Socceroos, Yokahama he’s been a winner and has won trophies all whilst playing excellent, attacking football. Hopefully he can survive the first 6 months and the first couple of Old Firm derby’s. If he does and gets the fans onside then he’ll be fine.

Funny how there’s a big chunk of North supporters that bag out the cheating AFL clubs yet love the Storm. And the same people bag out GWS and The Suns for being franchises, yet it’s exactly what the Storm are.

The Storm are a disgrace.

(and I haven’t even mentioned what a dirty cheat Cam Smith was)
They’re actually worse, a franchise started and owned by News Limited.

The comparisons between set up arrangements with the Giants and Suns are disingenuous given rugby league operates with an unadulterated system of free agency, it’s far easier to put together a competitive roster from day one.

No one doubts that the Storm have been hugely successful but the hypocrisy from those who slag off the Giants and Suns as franchises is breathtaking.

They’re actually worse, a franchise started and owned by News Limited.

The comparisons between set up arrangements with the Giants and Suns are disingenuous given rugby league operates with an unadulterated system of free agency, it’s far easier to put together a competitive roster from day one.

No one doubts that the Storm have been hugely successful but the hypocrisy from those who slag off the Giants and Suns as franchises is breathtaking.
I agree and I support the storm.

(But mostly cos I lived in Melbourne before I moved to NSW.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back