Racism in english cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

At what age do you think people should be made responsible for the things that they've said?

Most legal definitions are 18 ( but I hear they are investigating a player who said something when he was 15 - I mean for *s sake). There’s further studies around cognitive development not reaching its full capacity by the mid late 20’s and who knows what other psycho social factors have played a role for the individual. It’s far to easy to demonise ones choices and behaviours with no regard to the culmination of factors that has led to the point in question.

Most legal definitions are 18 ( but I hear they are investigating a player who said something when he was 15 - I mean for fu**s sake). There’s further studies around cognitive development not reaching its full capacity by the mid late 20’s and who knows what other psycho social factors have played a role for the individual. It’s far to easy to demonise ones choices and behaviours with no regard to the culmination of factors that has led to the point in question.
He was born on 1 December 1993.

The tweets were published on:

9 April 2012 - aged 19 years 3 months
5 September 2012 - aged 19 years 8 months
23 June 2013 - aged 20 year 5 months

He played his first senior one-day game for Yorkshire in August 2013, and had been in the county junior system since the under 13s.

He could vote, he could serve in the police or military, he could drive, he could drink. He was old enough to know better. * me, my eight year old know better than that.

Stop making excuses for him, FFS.

He was born on 1 December 1993.

The tweets were published on:

9 April 2012 - aged 19 years 3 months
5 September 2012 - aged 19 years 8 months
23 June 2013 - aged 20 year 5 months

He played his first senior one-day game for Yorkshire in August 2013, and had been in the county junior system since the under 13s.

He could vote, he could serve in the police or military, he could drive, he could drink. He was old enough to know better. fu** me, my eight year old know better than that.

Stop making excuses for him, FFS.

I don't think i've ever said he shouldn't be held to account, although there's an increasing intolerance from some quarters that preach tolerance.
Do you know him intimately? It's lucky for your kid that they (may) have a good role model that shows by example and teaches them acceptance and humility. Again, do you know whether he was afforded these opportunities? No, none of us do.

So stop being so judgemental, FFS.

I don't think i've ever said he shouldn't be held to account, although there's an increasing intolerance from some quarters that preach tolerance.
Do you know him intimately? It's lucky for your kid that they (may) have a good role model that shows by example and teaches them acceptance and humility. Again, do you know whether he was afforded these opportunities? No, none of us do.

So stop being so judgemental, FFS.
He went to a high school that charges 40,000 pounds per year. He had Paul Farbrace, an international coach for many years - as his personal coach since he was a teenager. I think he was afforded more opportunities in life than most.

He was, at worst, 19 years old. He was old enough.

He went to a high school that charges 40,000 pounds per year. He had Paul Farbrace, an international coach for many years - as his personal coach since he was a teenager. I think he was afforded more opportunities in life than most.

He was, at worst, 19 years old. He was old enough.

LOL because private schools are beacons for diversity and good behaviour. Anyway moving on, like this episode should do as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back