Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm jealous of guys like Tilthorp and Georgiades getting to play under a dominant key forward and develop without as much pressure on them.
Really sucks that Roma has been injured so often this year, he's developed into an excellent forward target and takes the heat off King quite a bit

It shows how far down the gurgler we've slipped when people are bemoaning the dropping of Clav. Not knocking the kid after two games but on what I've seen so far he wouldn't be top 30 if we were near to full strength. Personally, I prefer Highmore and Joyce anyway so Clav's omission doesn't bother me.

Not sure how many times it has to be said, but why would Bytel get recalled?

He was dropped because he was averaging 15 touches a game.

His replacement was best on ground in his first game.

A midfield of Bytel, Crouch, Steele and Dunstan is too alike and too slow.

Bytel has not been able to play a game to put his name forward.

It's pretty simple.
So then why is Lonie playing? :drunk:

I accept that he wasn't lighting it up. No issues there. But why would we not give him an extended run in the side? Dunstan played well against Norf. Played okay against Sydney...cost us a goal or two. We know who he is and what he does. Why not find out about Bytel? We don't know who he is yet! Send him to shut down Sloane or try him on a flank. It doesn't make sense to me unless, as I said, he's training poorly...
Cost more than a goal or two let's not beat around the bush here.

It shows how far down the gurgler we've slipped when people are bemoaning the dropping of Clav. Not knocking the kid after two games but on what I've seen so far he wouldn't be top 30 if we were near to full strength. Personally, I prefer Highmore and Joyce anyway so Clav's omission doesn't bother me.
It doesn't show much to be honest, people just like to complain mate. I would say going in smaller is because of the conditions. Sometimes we can't play every young kid just for the sake of it.

Our coaches need to pick the side they think gives us the best chance to win and if the coaches aren't selecting and preparing the side to win games each week we are in a far worse position.

What do you mean?

Not really a great comparison as Lonie is far from an inside mid
Lonie is the inside bull and contested pig that we've been crying out for, what the hell are you on about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand it myself. He acquitted himself ok..
My take is this... Highmore looked lost the week before and was dropped. In the Sydney game Highmore looked more at home in defence in a quarter than Clav did the whole game.

They are wanting these kids to step up and announce that they are ready for the level. See Ryan Byrnes.

Bytel hasn’t set the word on fire lately but I don’t think Lonie or Long have played a good game all year. Long especially couldn’t have played worse this year but somehow he’s in. Definitely the most uninspiring changes this year.

Bytel hasn’t set the word on fire lately but I don’t think Lonie or Long have played a good game all year. Long especially couldn’t have played worse this year but somehow he’s in. Definitely the most uninspiring changes this year.
In defense of Long he was great in round 1. His form from then dipped but he has been the sub about 3 or 4 times.

We are better with him playing well in our side, in my opinion.

Bytel has played quite a bit of footy this year, it's not as though he's being starved of opportunities.

But there comes a time when you need to start earning your spot.

People talk about selection integrity on here all the time. That is why Dunstan gets a game. He went back did everything right to earn a spot. He was then bog first game back. It would be poor form from our coaching staff to drop him again one week later.

It's just unfortunatel for Jack there is no VFL right now but bro get back into the side he needs to go back and show he can find the footy.

He has had a bit... but given how much footy he's missed over the last 2 years due to injury then circumstance, id be throwing him in. I actually wouldn't drop Dunny either but I'd prefer to shoe horn him in and see how he copes in a
Cost more than a goal or two let's not beat around the bush here.

It's an arguable point 🤣

In defense of Long he was great in round 1. His form from then dipped but he has been the sub about 3 or 4 times.

We are better with him playing well in our side, in my opinion.
Had Long in my votes round one. Not sure what’s happened since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back