Autopsy Garbage vs Hawthorn - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm happy JPK is going around again but I'll be disappointed if we don't see him getting less time in the middle in favour of Warner and Rowbottom. Parker should also be spending more time forward to make way.

Don't disagree but Rowbottom needs to be a shitload smarter with his decision making. Has far to much crash and bash about his game. Sorry MF but at this stage he is a very honest but dumb player imo.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
We lost in in the middle. The trio of Mitchell/Worpel/OMeara utterly killed us. Mitchell had 20+ in a half jeez! I’ll give you Florent he was the best of the mids, JMac did well too. The rest, abysmal
I'm really enjoying watching Florent play this year. Takes the game on. Kicking and decision making has improved. Kicks goals.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I'm rooting for Rowbottom to make it he has his ups and downs like any other young player. Just part of development but need to turn the bad games into okay ones and decent games into great ones.

It does seem like Warner is the best midfielder weve drafted in the past 3 years. Strong around his hips which is much needed. Thats what sticks out to me. Basically overtook all the youngsters in a space of an offseason.

I'm really enjoying watching Florent play this year. Takes the game on. Kicking and decision making has improved. Kicks goals.

Been our second best mid all season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know about backwards but has not come on based on last year.

Still only a few weeks back from injury, wonder whether he was coming back too early

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
78C8D8F2-6AA6-49F3-A137-F44B607F1DD8.jpeg

Razor Ray warming up with the Hawks pre game 😂

Don't know about backwards but has not come on based on last year.

Have you considered he's not at 100%? Seriously go back and watch his highlights from last year, his burst of speed was explosive and he was strong through the hips. This year he just doesn't have that pace and mobility and I think it's made him off his game a little as he finds himself under more pressure more often. He's looking a little clunky in his movement and unsure in his decision-making.

He's immune from criticism IMO because he is still our benchmark in work rate despite labouring. He's finding ways to contribute and help the team, and that's about as much as you can ask from a young kid who can't physically get his natural game going.

Problem is that this team was basically the team we had last year that was crap and finished in the bottom 4. We didn't have any of the points of difference we had in the first month as all those points of difference were injured.

The points of difference were not injured. Gulden, Warner, Campbell etc were all out there when we lost to Gold Coast in a performance just as bad and just as unattractive as this. We had a very strong, but very obvious, MO in the first three weeks which opposition coaches have figured out, some with more ease than others. Our job - the coaches and players - is to find the happy medium where we can play our game that we want to play while understanding that we will almost never have the license to do so freely.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
The points of difference were not injured. Gulden, Warner, Campbell etc were all out there when we lost to Gold Coast in a performance just as bad and just as unattractive as this. We had a very strong, but very obvious, MO in the first three weeks which opposition coaches have figured out, some with more ease than others. Our job - the coaches and players - is to find the happy medium where we can play our game that we want to play while understanding that we will almost never have the license to do so freely.
I agree - but I do still feel like Gulden, Campbell, Warner (and Blakey) are all part of our next Top 4 assault. Perhaps Stephens too.

I don’t feel the same about Taylor, Bell or Fox.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree - but I do still feel like Gulden, Campbell, Warner (and Blakey) are all part of our next Top 4 assault. Perhaps Stephens too.

I don’t feel the same about Taylor, Bell or Fox.

Blakey does need a run in the twos but there is no reason why Stephens wasn't playing yesterday. Get games into him, leave him in the side and see what he can do. We can't let a pick 5 go to waste.

View attachment 1152890

Razor Ray warming up with the Hawks pre game 😂
In which other professional sport would this sort of thing happen pre game? Regardless of anything, the look is very bad fora league heavily invested in taking the bookies money

Apr 11, 2009
MEL --> ADL
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, we were terrible tonight and wouldn't have won regardless of the umpiring but Ray Chamberlain really peaved me off tonight. I am losing faith in the quality control of our umpires and no accountability is ever had. What is the solution? Less rules to adjudicate to make it easier for the umps to make that split second decision on whether to pay or not pay a free - simple is better.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, we were terrible tonight and wouldn't have won regardless of the umpiring but Ray Chamberlain really peaved me off tonight. I am losing faith in the quality control of our umpires and no accountability is ever had. What is the solution? Less rules to adjudicate to make it easier for the umps to make that split second decision on whether to pay or not pay a free - simple is better.

Not sure about regardless. Had the very obvious free been paid to Bell directly in front of goals we would have only been 2 goals down in the 3rd quarter. Who knows what could have happened after that with a bit of momentum.

Back