Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
The scham is being uncovered day by day.

Btw I have an exemption not to wear a mask due to health issues while wearing it, but I will wear one around elderly and sick as they are the ones that have needed protection from the outset, not relatively young, fit healthy people. Jumping at shadows.
fb518edea60a42f3d83b786d90aa2b69.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

What's the context of this though?

The mixed advice in the US was terrible, first saying not to wear masks so that the staff could use them, then they had to make it clear to people that wearing masks wasn't 100% effective (so you can't just wear a mask around infected people and think you'll be ok.

Then finally when they decided to implement blanke mask rules to stop the spread (mountains of evidence of efficacy from previous Asian Viruses) they'd already said so many contradictory things about masks that it was ignored by large sections of the population.

THe context of this email is important. The date: Feb 2020 there was very little virus around the US, so blanket mask rules weren't being really considered, let alone one person wearing a mask by themselves.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I admire andrew bogut for being one of few aussie sports stars whose willing to go into bat for non mainstream political beliefs - even if i dont agree.
You wouldn't see a wowser like dangerfield or steve smith saying anything even slightly out of the mainstream - less they risk their marketing and sponsors.
Or maybe some of their fans die. I mean, probably best to just stick with the experts, since you're a sportsperson and don't really know what you're talking about.

Bogut's still upset about his mansion.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
So none after standards were raised and proper awareness about how to properly sanitize. Also how many in Vic?

This from Sept last year:

A coronavirus outbreak has been linked to a gym in Melbourne’s southeast.

A gym in the Hallam area was linked to an outbreak of 27 cases in June-July, Deputy Chief Health Officer Allen Chen revealed.

He said gyms were relatively high-risk for outbreaks.

“There have been lots of outbreaks across the world, in Victoria, even despite gyms being closed obviously recently,” he said.

“In New South Wales, even with their relatively low numbers of community cases, gyms have featured prominently in their outbreaks.”

Victorian gyms continue to be closed and aren’t expected to be able to reopen until November 23.

So there's at least 27, which was revealed about a month and a half after it happened.

Nikita Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2003
Section One
AFL Club
Carlton
I admire andrew bogut for being one of few aussie sports stars whose willing to go into bat for non mainstream political beliefs - even if i dont agree.
You wouldn't see a wowser like dangerfield or steve smith saying anything even slightly out of the mainstream - less they risk their marketing and sponsors.
So brave

Mr.X

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
As a citizen of Victoria, I don't have a problem with them.

I am quite alarmed at your reaction to it, and to those cracking the shits at the people who went to Cairns.

Vic govt imposing rules they cannot enforce. Those people that went to NZ exposed the weaknesses of both Vic/NSW govt.

It's fairly obvious and easy to see that wearing masks helps prevent transmission of this virus through the air, which means less infections

The measures are sound, and the health advise shows that masks are beneficial.

This latest variant spread really quickly, great to see it was contained

how often are you in a park by yourself these days (esp during lockdown)?

I walk my dogs for 10km a day, and im lucky if i have a continuous 1-2 minutes without traffic
This is very dependent on where you live; I can walk an 8 km course of local roads and would rarely encounter others where one can’t just switch sides of the road. Hence mask only for the unavoidable then drop it. But this may not be typical for others

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This is very dependent on where you live; I can walk an 8 km course of local roads and would rarely encounter others where one can’t just switch sides of the road. Hence mask only for the unavoidable then drop it. But this may not be typical for others
Yep I ran 12kms yesterday, didn't pass anyone else

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
The Cryptkeeper Good on you for being so open, unfortunately this board has form over the last 12 months at not understanding that not everyone finds masks as enjoyable as they do and it does actually have a negative effect on many people

But the sheep seem to lap up the most ridiculous rules their dear leader comes up with. The biggest problem is they openly admit it is not based on health advice, yet they then keep repeating how every decision is made on the best health advice...

Sutton is on record as saying with 20,000 cases and widespread community transmission, there was no evidence whatsoever of any outdoor transmission in 2020. He’s also on record that saying masks are only really needed when there is widespread community transmission, something we don’t have at the moment either.

Also did lol at the person who said they out their masks back on when someone is within 50m, lol, 10m if they’re lucky. Thankfully here there is no need to wear masks and we can enjoy the fresh air.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The Cryptkeeper Good on you for being so open, unfortunately this board has form over the last 12 months at not understanding that not everyone finds masks as enjoyable as they do and it does actually have a negative effect on many people

But the sheep seem to lap up the most ridiculous rules their dear leader comes up with. The biggest problem is they openly admit it is not based on health advice, yet they then keep repeating how every decision is made on the best health advice...

Sutton is on record as saying with 20,000 cases and widespread community transmission, there was no evidence whatsoever of any outdoor transmission in 2020. He’s also on record that saying masks are only really needed when there is widespread community transmission, something we don’t have at the moment either.

Also did lol at the person who said they out their masks back on when someone is within 50m, lol, 10m if they’re lucky. Thankfully here there is no need to wear masks and we can enjoy the fresh air.
I don't wear a mask unless entering shops or walking a main st but have this last few days when out walking, just too bloody cold. It's come in handy

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I don't wear a mask unless entering shops or walking a main st but have this last few days when out walking, just too bloody cold. It's come in handy

I wore a mask in the cold the other day, but got tackled by security when I entered the bank with it still on 😜

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
It's fairly obvious and easy to see that wearing masks helps prevent transmission of this virus through the air, which means less infections

The measures are sound, and the health advise shows that masks are beneficial.

This latest variant spread really quickly, great to see it was contained
Not sure you were meant to quote me?

I'm also not sure that masks help prevent transmissions or is an appropriate action to take.

View attachment 1152894
The media are playing a big part in ruining this country and chances of getting out of this pandemic.
No, dumb campaigners who think they know better than experts are what’s ruining this country.

And if we had followed these dumb campaigners we’d be magnitudes worse off than we are now. Thank god the vic libs aren’t in power, we’d be ****ed.

But I’d hope we would allow COVID to run through the anti-vax idiots if 70% were vaccinated. At least we’d be doing the gene pool a favour.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
No, dumb campaigners who think they know better than experts are what’s ruining this country.

And if we had followed these dumb campaigners we’d be magnitudes worse off than we are now. Thank god the vic libs aren’t in power, we’d be f’ed.

But I’d hope we would allow COVID to run through the anti-vax idiots if 70% were vaccinated. At least we’d be doing the gene pool a favour.

Another lefty who's happy to publicly state that he wants people to die due to having a differing opinion about what someone should do with there own body.

Peace and acceptance for everyone, except the ones we disagree with.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
So now they want us to pick on snifflers. If I have hayfever (you can clearly differentiate hayfever to flu symptoms) I won’t be getting tested. Beat it Jerome.

And then he has the gall to bitch and complain abut the "low" testing numbers. What a w***er! Did he not see how the weather was in the last few days?

There are countless 100s of 1000s left without power, clean drinkable water, means of communication and he is bitching about testing numbers being "too low" *****. Go * yourself, Jerome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back