2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he signed a 2 year deal. Wasn't the rumour was suns were offering 3-4?
Dom Tyson was offered a 4 year deal on good coin to come to the gold coast and chose a 3 year deal with North on less coin.

Players, even bad ones, don't pick us very often.

Nick Bryan has re-signed with essendon. So guess those rumours weren't amounting to anything

Perhaps the unexpected Ned acquisition cooled our interest too?

Not much point having two young developing ruckmen taking up list spots unless one of them can also play up forward.

What do we think about Narkle? Had a couple of great weeks and is still dropped, would offer out midfield something very different.
Yep gun, basically a younger Touk. Great attacking and defending.

I feel Narkle would want a full time mid role, maybe Adelaide/Carlton can provide that.

Touk/Anderson/Swallow in that role right now

Is it time we start looking at trading Ainsworth if he is unable to make it back into the starting 22? Not even listed on the emergencies this week, and like Brodie and Fiorini, would be on a decent wedge.
Won't be worth much, he loves the club; Just give him some minutes in the VFL, he'll be back

What do we think about Narkle? Had a couple of great weeks and is still dropped, would offer out midfield something very different.

would love to pull it off.

So quick.. attacking and tackles hard in the never give up Holman style.
Swallow ain’t getting any younger or quicker.
Would love to see Greenwood and Rowell getting it out to a flying Narkle on the outside.

Jordan Clark would be another good one to prise out of the Cattery absolute gun

What do we offer the bulldogs for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Supposably dissillusioned at the Dogs.

Tom Scully went to GWS after one year at Melbourne. Could be history repeating.

Atleast our first pick plus Ainsworth

keen to hear your thoughts

King Ugle-hogan and Rankine 😋
Kids got a big head apparently walks around like he’s a rock star.
Thinks he’s bigger than what he is.
Not sure he’s the character we want.

What do we offer the bulldogs for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Supposably dissillusioned at the Dogs.

Tom Scully went to GWS after one year at Melbourne. Could be history repeating.

Atleast our first pick plus Ainsworth

keen to hear your thoughts

King Ugle-hogan and Rankine 😋
Kid with no exposed form that wants it all handed to him without putting in any of the work? Yeah no, not interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise Mabior Chol was an unrestricted free agent and would cost us nothing (except cap space) just like Ellis. Seems like a no brainer to pick him up if we can. 24 years old and just about to enter his physical prime. Bonus that he happened to grow up in Queensland from the age of 8 and may consider this a move home.

He is a queenslander

well sort off
Well he is a free agent so no trade required just have to convince him to come over
$400k x 3 years should do it and Tigers will let him walk
I don’t think he’s that good.
Depth player at best
His family moved to australia when he was 8 or 9 years old and he played for Yeronga South Brisbane Devils and started playing AFL as a 13 year old
was part of the lions academy in 2014-2015
I haven't minded some of what I've seen from Chol but the Tigers board generally sh*t on him.
Say he is weak in the contest

3x400k for a guy who will be 25 years old before he walks in the door and doesn't have a track record of good AFL level performances behind him...
I genuinely thought he was 21.

What contract would you offer him at Richmond THE_GUN ?
Agree re: chol.
Very biased comment.

we’ll let him go if you offer him 400k for 3 years.

What a joke.

I mentioned Chol on here as a reasonably good fit being a Queenslander as well as a free agent , Just before he got played 2 weeks ago
Richmond want to keep him and also CJ but thinking 1 or the other leaves and maybe even both.

Richmond will have offers on the table for both roughly $300k-$350k

I mentioned Chol on here as a reasonably good fit being a Queenslander as well as a free agent , Just before he got played 2 weeks ago
Richmond want to keep him and also CJ but thinking 1 or the other leaves and maybe even both.

Richmond will have offers on the table for both roughly $300k-$350k
If we can find 400k a year for Atkins then I’m sure we can find that kind of money for these two

entirely depends how they play.

Chol has shown limited to date in the AFL.
Averaging 6 possessions and 1.7 marks a game.
no apparent improvement in 2020 compared with 2019.
I wouldn't have offered 400k based on his exposed form as of 2-3 weeks ago when these comments were from

if he keeps playing well in the first team as he has the last fortnight, entirely different story.

entirely depends how they play.

Chol has shown limited to date in the AFL.
Averaging 6 possessions and 1.7 marks a game.
no apparent improvement in 2020 compared with 2019.
I wouldn't have offered 400k based on his exposed form as of 2-3 weeks ago when these comments were from

if he keeps playing well in the first team as he has the last fortnight, entirely different story.
Think that all depends on if the list management and coaches want him
He is a free agent that will have an offer of $300k-$350k salary offered to him which is average salary for the AFL, Think it would need to be better to move thats why i said $400k

Looking at his past is really pointless as he is a new comer to football and was learning the game
Aliir Aliir is 2 years older and 2 years ago had done nothing except that 1 game against Majak Daw of note and its easier to be a defender that a foward ruckman.

Think that all depends on if the list management and coaches want him
He is a free agent that will have an offer of $300k-$350k salary offered to him which is average salary for the AFL, Think it would need to be better to move thats why i said $400k

Looking at his past is really pointless as he is a new comer to football and was learning the game
Aliir Aliir is 2 years older and 2 years ago had done nothing except that 1 game against Majak Daw of note and its easier to be a defender that a foward ruckman.

When you say new to the game, this article from the Richmond website suggests he has been playing from primary school, so he's not really that new to the game.

There's a point when you need to see on field improvement and production and prior to this year, don't think he's produced at a level that is near a true AFL contributor level. I wouldn't pay above average salary for a physically talented guy that hasn't shown to be near AFL contributor level production in a 6 year career. If he comes out and shows he can contribute more than 6 possessions and 1.7 marks a game in the back half of this year - yeah, discussions definitely open.

Completely disagree on your Aliir comment. Had always looked like he's an AFL talent as an intercept defender. Can tell he's an excellent play reader and interceptor. Sydney had just refused to play him in his best role.

When you say new to the game, this article from the Richmond website suggests he has been playing from primary school, so he's not really that new to the game.

There's a point when you need to see on field improvement and production and prior to this year, don't think he's produced at a level that is near a true AFL contributor level. I wouldn't pay above average salary for a physically talented guy that hasn't shown to be near AFL contributor level production in a 6 year career. If he comes out and shows he can contribute more than 6 possessions and 1.7 marks a game in the back half of this year - yeah, discussions definitely open.

Completely disagree on your Aliir comment. Had always looked like he's an AFL talent as an intercept defender. Can tell he's an excellent play reader and interceptor. Sydney had just refused to play him in his best role.

I will try to answer or respond to your comments in short rather than a long post

* Chol arrived in australia 8 years old but most likely started playing 9/10
Australian kids usually have a ball in their hands when you are in grade 1 at 6 years old and when you consider having to learn the rules and learn the skills that we have as 6/7 years old he was probably around 11/12 but these 4/5 years at that age are big and the Brisbane academy fast tracked his development to a degree but i remember when he 1st arrived he didnt have awareness or have the nuances of the game.

* Chol has had some good games in the past and has shown improvement all the way through the years , There was a game last year against Port in SA where h played a very good game as well as a few more but physically he was and still is too skinny and still building but confidence is growing.

* I have seen the development in Aliir over the last 4 years and can tell you he was very different player to what he is now , Whilst he was getting the ball he was not as attacking as he is now and his decisions were not as good (still has alot of issue's with turnovers and sydney let him go due to this issue)

* Regarding 'Not wanting to pay overs'
We never want to do this but clubs always do and if you look through the entire GC list of players from other clubs , You have paid overs for most
as we all do to bring the player across thats a required player. But atleast Chol is no cost trade wise and only $$$

I will try to answer or respond to your comments in short rather than a long post

* Chol arrived in australia 8 years old but most likely started playing 9/10
Australian kids usually have a ball in their hands when you are in grade 1 at 6 years old and when you consider having to learn the rules and learn the skills that we have as 6/7 years old he was probably around 11/12 but these 4/5 years at that age are big and the Brisbane academy fast tracked his development to a degree but i remember when he 1st arrived he didnt have awareness or have the nuances of the game.

* Chol has had some good games in the past and has shown improvement all the way through the years , There was a game last year against Port in SA where h played a very good game as well as a few more but physically he was and still is too skinny and still building but confidence is growing.

* I have seen the development in Aliir over the last 4 years and can tell you he was very different player to what he is now , Whilst he was getting the ball he was not as attacking as he is now and his decisions were not as good (still has alot of issue's with turnovers and sydney let him go due to this issue)

* Regarding 'Not wanting to pay overs'
We never want to do this but clubs always do and if you look through the entire GC list of players from other clubs , You have paid overs for most
as we all do to bring the player across thats a required player. But atleast Chol is no cost trade wise and only $$$

Playing from age 10 is not that old.

Brodie Grundy started playing at 16 didn't he?
Callum Mills didn't play AFL until 13
Aliir started playing at 14

Obviously Aliir is better now than he was earlier in his career. You'd hope all players would be when in their prime.
He has consistently shown more than Chol has at every stage of their respective careers to date.
You said he hadn't done anything 2 years ago, frank bullshit.

Awarded coaches votes

Rd 16 2018 v Geelong
Rd 17 2018 v North
Rd 19 2018 v Essendon (2 Brownlow votes, no coaches votes)
Rd 20 2018 v Collingwood
Rd 21 2018 v Melbourne (1 Brownlow votes)
Rd 16 2019 v Essendon
Rd 22 2019 v Melbourne

Unlike you, I'm not pretending to be 'the club' I'm giving my personal opinion. At the time of writing I would not give Chol 3 years at 400k.
If he can come out and consistently impact games then would seriously re-consider.

I'd rather pay CCJ an extra 100-150k easily.

Playing from age 10 is not that old.

Brodie Grundy started playing at 16 didn't he?
Callum Mills didn't play AFL until 13
Aliir started playing at 14

Obviously Aliir is better now than he was earlier in his career. You'd hope all players would be when in their prime.
He has consistently shown more than Chol has at every stage of their respective careers to date.
You said he hadn't done anything 2 years ago, frank bullshit.

Awarded coaches votes

Rd 16 2018 v Geelong
Rd 17 2018 v North
Rd 19 2018 v Essendon (2 Brownlow votes, no coaches votes)
Rd 20 2018 v Collingwood
Rd 21 2018 v Melbourne (1 Brownlow votes)
Rd 16 2019 v Essendon
Rd 22 2019 v Melbourne

Unlike you, I'm not pretending to be 'the club' I'm giving my personal opinion. At the time of writing I would not give Chol 3 years at 400k.
If he can come out and consistently impact games then would seriously re-consider.

I'd rather pay CCJ an extra 100-150k easily.

Dude im not trying to pick a fight with you and certainly have nothing to sell you. I was here 2 years ago telling the people on this board what Brandon Ellis was like and 12 months ago did the same with Markov.

I just give my opinion on players at my team that people here ask about and try to call it as it is , But you clearly appear to be on some type of ego trip and trying to get 1 up here. Coming into this country and holding a footy at 10 years old IS A LATE STARTER with our game as its not something he would have ever seen before.

You are posting coaches votes from 2 years ago to prove i was wrong with my estimation , WOW ok make it 3 years then
Chol has not just dropped down to earth and played his 1st good game , He has played 4-5 good games in the last 2 years also but as i mentioned in an earlier post playing Foward/Ruck is a lot harder than defence (defence is where failed foward go to play)

And Feel free not to pay him $10 i really dont care but If your club is interested in him he is not coming and leaving his current club (which wants to keep him) for peanuts. And you preferring to pay CJ extra $150k is not the end of that as he will need to be traded for unlike Chol

Anyway good luck and hope GC dont make him an offer as we think he is coming along well and like to keep him
( Oh yeas he will get smashed on sunday so no need t remind me )

Dude im not trying to pick a fight with you and certainly have nothing to sell you. I was here 2 years ago telling the people on this board what Brandon Ellis was like and 12 months ago did the same with Markov.

I just give my opinion on players at my team that people here ask about and try to call it as it is , But you clearly appear to be on some type of ego trip and trying to get 1 up here. Coming into this country and holding a footy at 10 years old IS A LATE STARTER with our game as its not something he would have ever seen before.

You are posting coaches votes from 2 years ago to prove i was wrong with my estimation , WOW ok make it 3 years then
Chol has not just dropped down to earth and played his 1st good game , He has played 4-5 good games in the last 2 years also but as i mentioned in an earlier post playing Foward/Ruck is a lot harder than defence (defence is where failed foward go to play)

And Feel free not to pay him $10 i really dont care but If your club is interested in him he is not coming and leaving his current club (which wants to keep him) for peanuts. And you preferring to pay CJ extra $150k is not the end of that as he will need to be traded for unlike Chol

Anyway good luck and hope GC dont make him an offer as we think he is coming along well and like to keep him
( Oh yeas he will get smashed on sunday so no need t remind me )

Credit where credit is due - you were right about Ellis and Markov. I can see now why you were saying last year you didn’t want to lose Markov his pace and speed off half back is incredible. At the start of the season he did tend to butcher the ball but his disposal the past month has significantly improved. He is a great acquisition for our team and definitely cemented his place in our best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back