Strategy 2021 bye round planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just realised even if i trade out 6 round 14 bye players im still going in maximum with 17 players that week. This Richmond/Eagles fixture change has cost me big time. No way do i trade in both Steele and Darcy if i knew beforehand.

Last edited:
If they go and give extra trades in 14 they can take this game and shove it.

No one is in any different a position for 14 than they were before the moving of the west coast game.

If people were going to have 18 or 19 only for round 14 because they had extra players this round they can still get to the same numbers of players(barring injuries/suspensions and dropped players) as would've been the case anyway.

People now just want their extra Round 12 players, their now extra round 13 players and then still want to eat their cake and have extra round 14 players with a couple of extra trades.

If they go and give extra trades in 14 they can take this game and shove it.

No one is in any different a position for 14 than they were before the moving of the west coast game.

If people were going to have 18 or 19 only for round 14 because they had extra players this round they can still get to the same numbers of players(barring injuries/suspensions and dropped players) as would've been the case anyway.

People now just want their extra Round 12 players, their now extra round 13 players and then still want to eat their cake and have extra round 14 players with a couple of extra trades.

I don't care what they do, I just want to know what they are doing/not doing so I can plan accordingly....

Would be interesting to hear how many players people will end up fielding through byes?

I was 19 last week, looking like 19 this week, and odds on for 19 (maybe 20) next week. Not great, not terrible. I probably could have artificially boosted those numbers by trading out Meek/Fin Macrae but they'd only be for guys posting scores that wouldn't count anyway.

Pretty content with the "just scrape through" while putting everything into upgrades.

Would be interesting to hear how many players people will end up fielding through byes?

I was 19 last week, looking like 19 this week, and odds on for 19 (maybe 20) next week. Not great, not terrible. I probably could have artificially boosted those numbers by trading out Meek/Fin Macrae but they'd only be for guys posting scores that wouldn't count anyway.

Pretty content with the "just scrape through" while putting everything into upgrades.
ATM I'll have 20 next week, as my rucks are tied up with R14 bye players, pending selection.

19, 20 and hopefully 18 :'(

I think my bigger concern than fielding 18 is making my overall squad stronger from this week to round 15. If I can't field 18 doing that then whats the point, its only 1 week.

21, 21 and 20* here. Need to improve on last weeks 1610 score in bye 1 though.

in's so far
Cripps, ROB, Bianco, Whitfield, J Kelly, Newcombe
for
Powell, Grundy, Holman, Jordon, Warner, RCD.

Last edited:
Just don't trade IN a donut/DNP onfield like I did today.
Stupid Reeves + shift work sleep hours.

Would have happily brought in Amartey or Newcombe instead.

Now with Ceglar beating the inform Hickey, Reeves might be unseen again.

4 trades will bump that up to 14 at least??
Think of the byes as 1 week as they say..
I can't wait to put my side back together, all hands on deck.

If Reeves doesn't play next week. I'm not playing next year. :'(
Ha yeah, this is what comes from meticulous planning......not!! I was hoping to field 18 until the game was swapped. I lost 3 players and Reeves.

I also fell for the Reeves trap, he'll be back, just a matter of when.

On a bright note, I did go early on Newc. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like fielding 20 or 21 if I can pick up a named base rook for R14.
1610 (21), 1792 (21) & ? (20/21)
I have covered the ground reasonably well but just haven't been able hit a decent score.

Last edited:
Have had two good rounds thus far (and 2 wins in main league), but stuck with 13+Reeves available this week. Hoping to get to 17/18 with trades. Not going to be desperate though with rookies as want to ensure ongoing team structure.
I'll be at 17 without Reeves, 18 with.
Not being awake for his omission last week is a bit frustrating but oh well.

Once everyone's locked their trades in for this week it'll be interesting to hear how many players you added to your main lineup (that you intend to be an upgrade or hope to stick around for at least a little while).

I added:
Hunter/Dale
Whitfield/Ward
Haynes/Langford/Houston (if my trades stay unchanged this week).
Traded out Gaff and Grundy through it.

7 in, 2 out.
Nett increase: +5 to starting lineup.

Average spend for my inclusions to the starting lineup was $623k which is about what I had budgeted which is good.

I'm hoping the bargain bin shopping can improve my scoring more than if I went the big dogs + rooks.

My targets for the 3-4 weeks after byes will be:
R15: Pendles
R16: one of Grundy/Neale (depends how each of them go R15 and how well Flynn goes).
R17: one of Neale/Grundy/Danger (depends how each of them go and how well Flynn is going).
R18: whoever I havent grabbed yet out of Neale/Grundy/Danger.

Last edited:
Once everyone's locked their trades in for this week it'll be interesting to hear how many players you added to your main lineup (that you intend to be an upgrade or hope to stick around for at least a little while).

I added:
Hunter/Dale
Whitfield/Ward
Haynes/Langford/Houston (if my trades stay unchanged this week).
Traded out Gaff and Grundy through it.

7 in, 2 out. Nett increase +5 to lineup.
Nett increase: +5 to lineup.

Average spend for my inclusions $623k which is about what I had budgeted which is good.

I'm hoping the bargain bin shopping can improve my scoring more than if I went the big dogs + rooks.

My targets for the 3-4 weeks after byes will be:
R15: Pendles
R16: one of Grundy/Neale (depends how each of them go R15 and how well Flynn goes).
R17: one of Neale/Grundy/Danger (depends how each of them go and how well Flynn is going).
R18: whoever I havent grabbed yet out of Neale/Grundy/Danger.
Added:
Darcy, Heeney
Titch, Whitfield
Neale, Houston, Langford

Traded out:
Grundy, Heeney, Harmes

Fairly happy with the byes, managed to offload a lot of fattened cash cows.

Ins:
Cripps, O'Brien, Whitfield, J Kelly, Houston, Pendlebury, Langford
Bianco, Newcombe, Amartey
Outs:
Grundy(inj), Jordon, Sloane, Franklin, Heeney
Holman, Powell, Warner, RCD, Rowe

Time will tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back