Official Match Thread S31 First Semi Final: Gumbies FFC vs Mount Buller Demons at The House of Gumby (MOTR)

It was a horrendous ‘battle’ between two tired veterans.

And although this little sudden comeback of mine has perhaps underwhelmed, I’M BACK! FOR A FINAL!

also, if you were a little underwhelmed, at least you now have something in common with all of your previous sexual partners.

Only because they were all dead.

Not a bad place for your afternoon beer.
PXL_20210611_084411756.MP.jpg

It’s 6 degrees outside at 4am and I’m off to catch some flathead in the kayak ……. I sound completely insane when you stop and think about it.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
It’s 6 degrees outside at 4am and I’m off to catch some flathead in the kayak ……. I sound completely insane when you stop and think about it.
We're up at the same time for completely different reasons, all the best with the fish hunt.

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
It sounds both awesome and insane at the same time. :thumbsu:

You crazy but dedicated to fishing bastard. Hope you catch a bag

Last edited:
Dear Demons,

I cut up some onions for a curry today and realised that my eyes didn't water. I've found that I have no more tears left to cry after last week's loss to the blunders and will be taking out my new found anger and hatred on you guys tomorrow.

Just thought i'd give you a fair warning in advance.

Love,
Riv

A literal bag though so the next time Yakker thinks about getting up at 4am to go outside in 6° weather he remembers that staying in bed is the optimal decision

A bag amongst other things that they usually catch - car tyres, seaweed, old fishing line, carp, bikes, shopping trolleys in my lake near work etc

They must be cut from different stuff to the rest of us. Staying in bed may be the optimal decision but the thrill of the fish overwrites any logical thinking.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
A bag amongst other things that they usually catch - car tyres, seaweed, old fishing line, carp, bikes, shopping trolleys in my lake near work etc

They must be cut from different stuff to the rest of us. Staying in bed may be the optimal decision but the thrill of the fish overwrites any logical thinking.
The thrill of fish. Right up there with paint drying, grass growing and a match thread with the Wonders.

The thrill of fish. Right up there with paint drying, grass growing and a match thread with the Wonders.

I'd probably go so far as to say that the Wonders match thread is up there with watching fake grass grow.

Thread appears stuck.

Let's get it going!

What is your favourite roll to eat?

I'm very partial on a baked fresh white roll with Roast Pork and crackle. On top of this fresh coriander and super hot chillies.

What's yours?

This sounds like one of those Banh Mi rolls from those Asian stores. Those are goooooodddddddd.

There's a pork belly w/crackling and gravy roll you can get from the markets here and my goodness they're amazing. They had run out this afternoon otherwise I would have had one for sure. Settled for a slice of cheesecake, a chicken drumstick, a bread stick and some nugs instead. The nugs were dry as hell though and tasted like crap.

Back