Autopsy Garbage vs Hawthorn - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

What's interesting is when everyone's fit, who goes out?

Imo gulden, Campbell, warner, Reid, melican + give or take Blakey, are all best 22 and must come straight back in. Other than the obvious one in bell, who goes out?? When we were fully fit it was Hayward struggling to get in, but he's cemented his spot at the moment.

Kudos to Amartey. I honestly think he didn’t have what it takes to make it but he seems to have found some hardness and competitive edge that he was missing in the past (in my view). Looking forward to seeing him become more comfortable at senior level.
The big fellows will always keep improving at a better & later rate than the smaller players Masey.
Nankervis did the same & now we are cursing.

Oh yeah!
What's with the insipid crowd turn up last night? What an uninteresting bore fest to watch on TV.
We are sitting 8 & 4 & no one turns up.
Friday night & 25,000 turn up with 30% rolling up after the game starts. Am I missing something?
It doesn't help it was like 5 degrees when the game doesn't finish until 10:30pm. Especially after a long working week I can see why lots of people decided against going.

We were missing FIVE players from the side who blitzed the Lions and Tigers earlier this year.

You can argue all you like whether a couple of those players are on the fringe but they all played key roles in our early season form.

It might be silly to say that if they play, we win, but it's equally so to say that if the do play, we definitely don't.

We were poor last night and deserved the loss, but there's nothing wrong with looking at the positives or mitigating factors.

missing players .....we played the 17th placed hawks at home

we were s**t simple as

world isnt ending, but no point looking for excuses, sometimes it just goes wrong all night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't agree rusty. Rowbottom and Warner, they are the only two young mids, Florent only rotates through there a couple of times a match. They are also the three who seem to provide any sort of movement in there as they hit the ball at full pace and shake, shimmy and shrug their way out of trouble (if not always successfully.)

But they are all in supporting roles atm. The ball winning roles are left to the experienced heads who should be able to go head to head with the best midfields in the comp, yet they can't. So I just don't think we can use youth as an excuse.
Mills is also only 24 and playing his first year in the middle.

I can't agree rusty. Rowbottom and Warner, they are the only two young mids, Florent only rotates through there a couple of times a match. They are also the three who seem to provide any sort of movement in there as they hit the ball at full pace and shake, shimmy and shrug their way out of trouble (if not always successfully.)

But they are all in supporting roles atm. The ball winning roles are left to the experienced heads who should be able to go head to head with the best midfields in the comp, yet they can't. So I just don't think we can use youth as an excuse.
i was sitting in the stands in the 2014 Granny. Beautiful day. Sun shining. Sitting on the train thinking we've only lost a few games this year. Swans going to win this today. I was sitting in the middle of Hawthorn territory. Was looking forward to giving it to half the grandstand. Instead I sat there listening to Happy Happy.

I agree with you we should have gone head to head with them. We are in transition. No excuse.

missing players .....we played the 17th placed hawks at home

we were sh*t simple as

world isnt ending, but no point looking for excuses, sometimes it just goes wrong all night
Nobody is saying we weren't sh*t and nobody is offering "excuses". But it gets ******* tiring coming to this board after every loss and seeing people absolutely excoriate the team and coaching staff, bemoan us "going back to our old ways", and jump down the throat of anyone who dare acknowledge the entirety of the circumstances in addition to us playing poorly.

Multiple things can be true at the same time.

Yes we played poorly
Yes Hawthorn were good
Yes the umpires were poor
Yes we have a few injuries to good players

All true.

Last edited:
We were missing FIVE players from the side who blitzed the Lions and Tigers earlier this year.

You can argue all you like whether a couple of those players are on the fringe but they all played key roles in our early season form.

It might be silly to say that if they play, we win, but it's equally so to say that if the do play, we definitely don't.

We were poor last night and deserved the loss, but there's nothing wrong with looking at the positives or mitigating factors.
Buddy + the SCG = :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back