Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s an extremely general observation

Yes, it is. 100% correct.

When referring to sex traits you can only ever be "general" about them.

Certain aspects of contemporary academia-socio-politics would have you believe that they don't exist and that any perceived shortcoming is a result of prejudice. Of course, it was definitely the case in 1950, but it's overwhelmingly bullshit in 2021.

Have you ever heard of a bloke named Jocko Wilink? He’s got a podcast and talks about this sort of stuff all the time. I can’t do him justice but his general message with dealing with people like the ones bullying your mum, he basically says “hey you’re not happy with this, what do you want to do, you’re in charge now.” Usually they fu** it up and it comes back to you, and if they succeed, that’s great too, because now you’ve taken pressure off yourself and can focus on other things like growing the company clients.

Damn wish I could find the clip

I’ll check him out, everyone within the company knows how good my mum is at selling and knowledge of products and usage and it’s just so petty that a grown woman at a high end luxury brand acts like that. Lol childish s**t

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both my parents are very hard workers, does their hard work reflect what they get in their pay? Hell no.

Covid has made it so hard for my dad to find a high paying sustainable job. Job keeper helped us tremendously but it’s not a long term solution.

My dad has to do Uber nearly every night to make more income for our family.
Sound like great parents to me. Hope it works out for them.

It’s one of the reasons I hate salaries. If she was paid by the hour it’d be way more. The companies know this. They put them on salaries and then expect them to do work that can’t be done in 8 hours of work.

If she is covered by an award and that award would provide for a higher rate than the annualised salary...then that's probably an underpayment.

If her salary still exceeds any minimum then it's a bit trickier. The 'reasonable additional hours' condition hasn't had many cases and in effect destroys the working relationship as only a court can determine what's reasonable, although from the cases I've read the employer generally tends to over interpret was 'reasonable' means. One of my biggest gripes with our current labour law is the lack of clarity on this issue.

I’ll check him out, everyone within the company knows how good my mum is at selling and knowledge of products and usage and it’s just so petty that a grown woman at a high end luxury brand acts like that. Lol childish sh*t

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I edited my original post to include this. It’s not the clip I had in mind but it’s relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..................and he moves the goal posts yet again when it suits him.

Wokeism 101

Do you accept the VFL team was not axed so the W side could, in your words, play "political dress ups"?

I expect cotton mill workers in Bangladesh will be utilised next to whitewash the fraudulent acedemia-socio-political industry in Australia.

Of course, there isn't a single academia-socio-political bureaucrat in Australia that actually gives a flying * about the cotton mill workers in Bangladesh, but it makes for a nifty meme to keep the resident morons onside.

This is the level of arts degree intelligence on display.

I expect cotton mill workers in Bangladesh will be utilised next to whitewash the fraudulent acedemia-socio-political industry in Australia.

Of course, there isn't a single academia-socio-political bureaucrat in Australia that actually gives a flying fu** about the cotton mill workers in Bangladesh, but it makes for a nifty meme to keep the resident morons onside.

Do you accept the VFL team was not axed so the W side could, in your words, play "political dress ups"?

Of course, there isn't a single academia-socio-political bureaucrat in Australia that actually gives a flying fu** about the cotton mill workers in Bangladesh, but it makes for a nifty meme to keep the resident morons onside.

So, you're reacting to something you think won't happen?

What? How?

Small, hairless, submissive, clear skin, big eyes, small nose, high pitches voice, tiny waist. Just some points

The school girl thing too

Unfortunately too many workers don't know their rights or are too scared of consequences if they complain.
Found that out the hard way.

I used to work in the security industry between 2011 and 2015 to help pay for my uni costs, and I wasn't fully aware of my true award rates until 2015. I worked for the same company, but I was subcontracted out to different companies as well as worked directly for the original security company.

I found out that I was underpaid in the realm of 10-20k as they were not paying my weekend and public holiday rates. Even my weekly rate was at least $1-2 an hour lower than it should have been. I collected all my payslips (across four years) and went to Fairwork Australia. They did their own research and basically confirmed the final total amount and agreed the company was in the wrong, but told me they couldn't do anything unless I could get a whole heap of others to take the company to court as a class action type of thing.

An additional problem was that I was working for the same company name, but they kept liquidating the corporate side every 12-18 months and there are statutes that mean I cannot seek funds from a defunct corporate entity after a certain period (usually that 12-18 months). So by the time I complained in late 2015, I was only entitled to push for a few hundred from liquidators due to the statutes and poor timing. I thought I could get it all back from the four year period. In the end, I got nothing and I just left in late 2015.

Most security guards knew, but they needed the work.

If she is covered by an award and that award would provide for a higher rate than the annualised salary...then that's probably an underpayment.

If her salary still exceeds any minimum then it's a bit trickier. The 'reasonable additional hours' condition hasn't had many cases and in effect destroys the working relationship as only a court can determine what's reasonable, although from the cases I've read the employer generally tends to over interpret was 'reasonable' means. One of my biggest gripes with our current labour law is the lack of clarity on this issue.

I don’t think she fits the mould of the type that you’re referring to. She’s very well paid. The cadets trying to get to her position are a different story though. They’re put on measly salaries in the hope of one day getting a senior role. My wife is one of those people that won’t offload any work to cadets so I spose the argument would be that it’s a choice on her behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back