Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. He's awesome and I hope he gets a gig in the media if he's not coming here as an assistant. He'd be such a refreshing change to the dullards currently doing "special" comments.
The problem with modern AFL commentary is that it is the domain of champion footballers without much going on upstairs. Those who have a bit more capacity upstairs go into other industries where they can exploit their wealth and connections to open doors . Or if they stay in football they go into administration or coaching.

Special comments and boundary riding is the lazy last resort for champion ex players who didn’t bother planning for life after footy. The real dregs end up doing gambling commercials like Nathan Brown.

The losers in this are the viewers who have to listen to morons every week. Networks would be better off getting ex coaches into commentary to explain tactics etc. Start with Bucks please (as he also ticks the champion player box for popularity points).

Outstanding win. Not sure where that commitment has been in the first half of the year but I liked what I saw last night.

Newcombe looks a good get. He has two things you can’t teach: quick hands and an innate awareness of where his teammates are at all times.

Day is all class but that’s nothing we don’t already know.

Scrimshaw having a good run of games without injury and it is showing. One of our best last night.

Ceglar very good but we have seen this Jon before. His challenge now is to produce something close to that consistently.

Thought Worpel was very good too. Probably his best game with Mitchell and JOM both in the team.

you are never ever in doubt about who David King or Wayne Carey have put their money on when listening to their dribble during a game. Last night Wayne was almost crying half way through the first quarter when he realised his outlay was in serious trouble
I obviously don’t listen to the commentary enough.
I’d have no idea who Carey was barracking for last night

Outstanding win. Not sure where that commitment has been in the first half of the year but I liked what I saw last night.

Newcombe looks a good get. He has two things you can’t teach: quick hands and an innate awareness of where his teammates are at all times.

Day is all class but that’s nothing we don’t already know.

Scrimshaw having a good run of games without injury and it is showing. One of our best last night.

Ceglar very good but we have seen this Jon before. His challenge now is to produce something close to that consistently.

Thought Worpel was very good too. Probably his best game with Mitchell and JOM both in the team.
Very good point about Ceglar so we’ll see if he can back it up. He was played like a a guy playing for his career last night and rightfully so because his career is at a crossroads.

i don’t think I have ever witnessed a hawthorn game like that before where we had such a great run with the umps. That combined with our first 4 qtr effort this year and we win! And a great debut from the lad.
it makes all the difference when you get the 50/50 calls going your way. Carlton game they all went against us

I say challenge the ban on sports physics. Worpel was not careless, and sports physics would show you can’t dump a person on their head purely holding their arm

That’s some strength on display by Worpel

Is there anyone out there who snips gifs/mp4s?

Id love one of the incident when McCartin lined up jom, only to be left on the turf in pain while jom kicks it long resulting in the match winner.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Would love to see that again too.

Jaeger is a complete psycho in the best way possible.

Considering he got knocked out in his last outing, to go get that mark + the fair bump on Generic Swans Guy, gotta love JOM’s attack

I'm watching the replay again and wondering to myself if McEvoy could do a reverse Paul Salmon. He's a very strong mark, and clearly has high game intelligence. He's a pretty solid kick for goal. Reeves as first ruck and McEvoy as the full forward for a season or two while the Hawks sort out Lewis, Jeka and Kosi has me intrigued.

That would’ve been a much better role for McEvoy over the last two years instead of playing him in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to tune out Carey..at leasst we don't tank..
Interesting observation, does that mean that Sydney are soooooo s**t that they lost to a team that is tanking..........

Surely we are challenging that , may as well close down the comp if thats a suspension .
Hopefully Reeves has the phone number of the Geelong lawyer and not our usual it's the vibe lawyer.......

I’m not sure anyone has mentioned this but if you view that incident closely, you’ll see that Hayward and Morris clash heads.
This what they put forward :mad:

Contact between Hawthorn’s Jaeger O’Meara and the Sydney Swans’ Will Hayward from the second quarter of Friday’s match between the Sydney Swans and Hawthorn was assessed. The ball is loose. O’Meara and Hayward approach the ball from opposing directions and high contact is made by O’Meara on Hayward. It was the view of the MRO that O’Meara was contesting the ball and had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball. No further action was taken.

You can clearly see that he hits him squarely in the chest and then the subsequent head clash as you pointed out. What a joke!

This what they put forward :mad:

Contact between Hawthorn’s Jaeger O’Meara and the Sydney Swans’ Will Hayward from the second quarter of Friday’s match between the Sydney Swans and Hawthorn was assessed. The ball is loose. O’Meara and Hayward approach the ball from opposing directions and high contact is made by O’Meara on Hayward. It was the view of the MRO that O’Meara was contesting the ball and had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball. No further action was taken.

You can clearly see that he hits him squarely in the chest and then the subsequent head clash as you pointed out. What a joke!
It was even lower than the chest nothing in it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back