Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O’Brien is O’Brien. I can’t see the club dropping him but 11 touches and no goals. With the all the dropped marks. It’s the same performance where people have called for him to be dropped but in a winning team.

Cegs will probably have another good game against Phillips. His ruckwork still needs a lot of work. But he was able to follow the ball when it was on the ground. Which is when he is at his best. If he is leg injury free as suggested this would explain it. Would like to see how cegs goes against a bigger, more agile ruckman than what he will face against dons.

I think Bramble in for Morrison will be the only change.
Watched the reply , Timmy did okay , he is the disruptor. Creat a pack chaos that sometimes pays off! Around the ground he is pretty solid.

Watched the reply , Timmy did okay , he is the disruptor. Creat a pack chaos that sometimes pays off! Around the ground he is pretty solid.
He averages 3.51 marks per game, NicNat averages 1.76.

It’ll be an interesting selection dilemma if Reeves is good to go. Personally I’d have Cegs step aside. I’d expect Downie to come in for Morrison and I’m hoping we challenge the Worpel suspension- I think it’s a good chance to get overturned.

It’ll be an interesting selection dilemma if Reeves is good to go. Personally I’d have Cegs step aside. I’d expect Downie to come in for Morrison and I’m hoping we challenge the Worpel suspension- I think it’s a good chance to get overturned.
No way anyone gets dropped from that team, it'll be forced changes only, maybe a change in medical sub

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Reeves has to come back in for mine, we need development not wins, Ceglar showed why he's on the list and what he can do as back up. Unless we try and increase his trade value to a side like Brisbane or Bulldogs that need a back up ruckmen.

Reeves has to come back in for mine, we need development not wins, Ceglar showed why he's on the list and what he can do as back up. Unless we try and increase his trade value to a side like Brisbane or Bulldogs that need a back up ruckmen.
You’ve answered your own question

That sort of strategy is prone backfire on us, and would not be given a second thought. Old Cegs played one out of the box last night in what has been a difficult year for him. Reeves on the other hand has shown great promise in the short time he has been in the side as accordingly should be rewarded for that. So I agree, We lose absolutely nothing by bringing Reeves in, on raw numbers alone, but lose a lot by having him languishing in the magoos.

That sort of strategy is prone backfire on us, and would not be given a second thought. Old Cegs played one out of the box last night in what has been a difficult year for him. Reeves on the other hand has shown great promise in the short time he has been in the side as accordingly should be rewarded for that. So I agree, We lose absolutely nothing by bringing Reeves in, on raw numbers alone, but lose a lot by having him languishing in the magoos.
I believe Clarko said at last night's press conference that if Ceglar keeps producing games like that he will keep playing so he ain't going anywhere.

It would also be very unfair in my opinion to drop a player after a career best game, wouldn't send a good message to the playing group.

I am a big fan of Reeves but he will have to earn his spot like everyone else.

Reeves got a taste, and he has a big future. Won’t hurt him to build up some fire in the belly to get back into the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Clarko said at last night's press conference that if Ceglar keeps producing games like that he will keep playing so he ain't going anywhere.

It would also be very unfair in my opinion to drop a player after a career best game, wouldn't send a good message to the playing group.

I am a big fan of Reeves but he will have to earn his spot like everyone else.
Mate, Reeves has already earnt his spot and if it wasn’t for him rolling his ankle prior to the game Cegs would’ve had the week off. I’m far more convinced of Reeve’s form this season than I am of Ceg’s. And blind Freddy can see we‘ll get more from Reeves in the coming weeks than we will from playing Ceglar.

Ceglar played a blinder, Reeves will need to earn his spot back as a result.

Lewis likely to return if he has recovered from concussion. If not right, would like to see Jeka come in.

Brambles seems the best like for like for Morrison.

I'm not sure if Mitch Lewis should come straight back in. His form wasn't anything outstanding, plus Kozi and Obrien actually worked heaps better together. Obrien was competing, crashing packs, got up the ground a little, chasing, but he is probably the most frustrating player to watch. What a player he would be if he could hold more marks. It wouldn't hurt him knocking on Dutchy Holland's door for advice on how to take a strong grab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back