Autopsy AFL 2O21 Round 13 - Saints v Crows Sat June 12th 7:25pm EST (Cazaly’s)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

• Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Saints by a lot

• Crows by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires are always going pay free kicks with interpretations that will send fans of each team crazy. The free kicks in the Crows forward 50m will happen because the ball is permanently stuck there. Its not like St Kilda got no free kicks in the last quarter, they just didn't have any system of getting the ball out of the area.

10-3 in the last.

Terrific, group building win from the Crows.

I thought Thilthorpe threw the game when only needing to score to draw then steal it with a rush behind, but credit to his winning goal, that was brilliant footy nous and some players just win matches. It's an intangible and he showed it there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That must have hurt.

I underestimated the ability of the umpires to stick a dagger into the Saints.

So many soft frees from the umps to get the Crows back into it and that Howard free on Thilthorpe took the cake, a free for "preventing a mark".

Give me a f***ing spell.

Would be nice if we got the Bulldogs armchair ride from the umpires, we'd probably be a top 4 contender like them. luck's a fortune and all that.

So many soft frees from the umps to get the Crows back into it and that Howard free on Thilthorpe took the cake, "a free for preventing a mark?".

Would be nice if we got the Bulldogs armchair ride from the umpires, we'd probably be a top 4 conetender like them. luck's a fortune and all that.

102 tackles Stilda 57 Crows

StKilda lead for all but 1 minute.

Frees Adel 29 goals from frees 5

Frees StKilda 25 1 goal from a free

So many soft frees from the umps to get the Crows back into it and that Howard free on Thilthorpe took the cake, a free for "preventing a mark".

Give me a f***ing spell.

Would be nice if we got the Bulldogs armchair ride from the umpires, we'd probably be a top 4 contender like them. luck's a fortune and all that.

Funny how the umpires only ever do over the losing team.

102 tackles Stilda 57 Crows

StKilda lead for all but 1 minute.

Frees Adel 29 goals from frees 5

Frees StKilda 25 1 goal from a free
The fact that St Kilda couldn't score for nearly an entire half of footy was the reason they lost.

The game shouldn't have been close in the first place after their first half.

Totally packed up and went home at half time.

The fact that St Kilda couldn't score for nearly an entire half of footy was the reason they lost.

The game shouldn't have been close in the first place after their first half.

Totally packed up and went home at half time.

Shocked they got so close. Only 25 to pick from 11 starting 22 out.

Unlike the game last night, there was no clear umpire bias int his one.

Saints shat the bed completely.

Umpires don't influence games that hard.

St Kilda are just a rubbish side.

No umpire bias lol, the umpires swung momentum to the Crows in the 2nd half, we should have had a bigger lead to withstand it though.

No umpire bias lol, the umpires swung momentum to the Crows in the 2nd half, we should have had a bigger lead to withstand it though.
Umpires have a minimal effect on games really. I remember a game we played against Collingwood at the MCG years ago where they got nearly 20 more frees than us and we still won by 4 goals.

Truth is, no manner of umpire bias can swing momentum that hard. If it does, then it means the players are mentally weak. The Saints simply shat their daks, or ran out of puff after a half of football.

An indictment on the coaches, players and conditioning staff if that's the case.

Back