NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh yes Adelaide following the formula that worked so well with the Browns for 35 years

Seen this picture show before

Good enough to beat 2021 premiers Melbourne and runners up Geelong, go figure!

Good enough to beat 2021 premiers Melbourne and runners up Geelong, go figure!

I hate Geelong

Like Browns winning the occasional divisional game

;)

Honestly, they had no business winning down 35-0

St Kilda should just call it a year

Tilthorpe scores from that set shot at the end and I might be 1K richer. At least I got a run for my money. 🌈

bgt2110 , g&gf Zimmer

Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said TE Irv Smith would not have a bigger role in the team's offense this season.
Zimmer's comments should turn the head of anyone targeting Smith, 23, as a later-round fantasy breakout in 2021. "Honestly, I don’t think it’s any bigger role for him whatsoever," Zimmer said of Smith. "I think it’s a bigger role for Tyler Conklin. He’s kind of emerged as a guy that’s moving upward and with those two guys, we have a lot of weapons there. Irv always has been able to do what he’s been able to do whether Kyle was here or not. We’re excited about these two young tight ends that we have." Sports Illustrated's Will Ragatz said Conklin will be a regular part of the team's passing attack in 2021, mostly in two tight end sets. Ragatz, while high on Smith's athleticism and playmaking ability, said he would "pump the brakes a bit on the expectations that he'll blow up and have a 2016 Rudolph-esque season with 700 or 800 receiving yards." The presence of Conklin in Minnesota's offense, Ragatz said, could suppress Smith's 2021 numbers, even with Kyle Rudolph departed to New York. In games Rudolph missed at the end of 2020, Conklin drew three more targets than Smith, had as many catches, and 15 fewer yards. Conklin, a 2018 fifth-round pick out of Central Michigan, played one fewer snap than Smith during Rudolph's absence. Ragatz said Conklin has displayed good report with Kirk Cousins in offseason practices. Conklin should be drafted in tight end premium formats, though he and Smith could cannibalize each other's target share.

Aaron Rodgers is Shaft...

Packers CEO Mark Murphy invoked the team's late general manager Ted Thompson in saying Aaron Rodgers is a "complicated fella."
Murphy, speaking at an event at Lambeau Field, said Thompson -- who died in January -- considered Rodgers a "complicated" person. While it's not an inaccurate statement about the moody franchise quarterback, Murphy's comment is probably not helpful as the team tries desperately to lure back Rodgers for the 2021 season. This is Murphy's second recent cringeworthy remark about Rodgers; last week he said the QB's holdout has "divided" Green Bay's fan base. If Rodgers -- a no-show at this month's Packers minicamp -- doesn't come back for training camp, fantasy players should assume the Packers will begin the season with Jordan Love or Blake Bortles under center.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell Wilson expects new OC Shane Waldron's system to be more up-tempo.
“Obviously, the tempo part of it is something that is real,” Wilson said, before also talking about how the Seahawks plan to stretch the field more. “We have some nuances across the board that really challenge the defense, using the whole field and really expanding the offense. Just using everybody as much as possible, in all different formations and different looks and different tempos.” Espousing balanced offense, Waldron wants more quick passes, featuring "shorter and more horizontal (routes) than DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett have been running in Seattle for years," in the words of reporter Gregg Bell. For his part, Wilson is on board with all of it. More tempo and more quick passes would be a boon for Wilson both in real life and fantasy.

Le’Veon Bell: I’ll never play for Andy Reid again, I’d retire first

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 12, 2021, 5:57 PM EDT

Le'Veon Bell apparently did not enjoy his brief tenure with the Chiefs.
Bell, who signed with the Chiefs in Week Six last year, played sparingly for them during the regular season and didn’t play at all in the Super Bowl, wrote in an Instagram comment that he will never play for Chiefs head coach Andy Reid again.

“I’ll never play for Andy Reid again,” Bell wrote. “I’d retire first.”
Bell’s comments came on, of all things, an Instagram post about someone spending $700 at McDonald’s. Bell posted a comment about the post, and then several people who thought it was interesting that a well-known NFL player was posting in the comments using his verified Instagram account started asking him questions.

It’s unclear what Bell has against Reid, but Bell does claim he will keep playing in the NFL. At this point, it may be tough for Bell to find any coach who would want him. Reid surely wouldn’t.

Le’Veon Bell: I’ll never play for Andy Reid again, I’d retire first

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 12, 2021, 5:57 PM EDT

Le'Veon Bell apparently did not enjoy his brief tenure with the Chiefs.
Bell, who signed with the Chiefs in Week Six last year, played sparingly for them during the regular season and didn’t play at all in the Super Bowl, wrote in an Instagram comment that he will never play for Chiefs head coach Andy Reid again.

“I’ll never play for Andy Reid again,” Bell wrote. “I’d retire first.”
Bell’s comments came on, of all things, an Instagram post about someone spending $700 at McDonald’s. Bell posted a comment about the post, and then several people who thought it was interesting that a well-known NFL player was posting in the comments using his verified Instagram account started asking him questions.

It’s unclear what Bell has against Reid, but Bell does claim he will keep playing in the NFL. At this point, it may be tough for Bell to find any coach who would want him. Reid surely wouldn’t.

Not sure what he expected. Should have signed with the Dolphins like I said if he wanted touches.

Or then again, maybe he just hates the Reid family in general after his scumbag son ****ed up a little girl.

Not sure what he expected. Should have signed with the Dolphins like I said if he wanted touches.

Or then again, maybe he just hates the Reid family in general after his scumbag son f’ed up a little girl.
Id say its all self-centered reasoning...not enough carries after he courted him and promised him many carries

Id say its all self-centered reasoning...not enough carries after he courted him and promised him many carries

Agree, reason 2 seems way outside a NFL players capabilities.😂

Agree, reason 2 seems way outside a NFL players capabilities.😂
Rape, murder, drug running, guns, whores, bitches, instagram models, happy ending massages, PEDs, club brawling, beating up pregnant women, dog fighting, ponzy scams, bling, sports cars, rubbing shoulders, DUIs, holding out for 1m more on a multi-million dollar contract, and so on.....

Rape, murder, drug running, guns, whores, bitches, instagram models, happy ending massages, PEDs, club brawling, beating up pregnant women, dog fighting, ponzy scams, bling, sports cars, rubbing shoulders, DUIs, holding out for 1m more on a multi-million dollar contract, and so on.....

1sr world problems, terrible priorities . You'd think for guys who came from poverty a lot of of the time they'd have a better sense of perspective.

It's no wonder Scarface resonates so much with hip hop culture.

1sr world problems, terrible priorities . You'd think for guys who came from poverty a lot of of the time they'd have a better sense of perspective.

It's no wonder Scarface resonates so much with hip hop culture.
Rags to riches are actually the more likely to lose perspective...lose control, blow fortune on the high life they never knew and so badly want to know. Whereas people from wealthy families tend to ( not always, eg Manziel ) be more frugal and forward-thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back