Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Freo v Suns Sat June 12th 4:15pm EST / 2:15 WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by a goal or less

• Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Freo by a lot

• Suns by a lot

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A brain fart of Andrew Demetriou.

Indeed but it's far worse than a brain fart and I'd argue the idea of a club in Gold Coast was less of a mistake than the entire organisation and setting up of the club and the pathetic arrogance and entitlement that was shown by the AFL and GC through and after it all.

Given what has been put in to and given to the GC the other presidents should be pointing their fingers at AFL admin and asking wtf. I sure as hell would be.

Indeed but it's far worse than a brain fart and I'd argue the idea of a club in Gold Coast was less of a mistake than the entire organisation and setting up of the club and the pathetic arrogance and entitlement that was shown by the AFL and GC through and after it all.

Given what has been put in to and given to the GC the other presidents should be pointing their fingers at AFL admin and asking wtf. I sure as hell would be.
Also the locals don't give a flying toss.
A Tassie team would have a real buzz.
Home games down in Hobart would be great fun with real energy.

Also the locals don't give a flying toss.
A Tassie team would have a real buzz.
Home games down in Hobart would be great fun with real energy.

* off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo fans GF the way they're carrying on lol...instead of an absolute indictment on where there at
Gosh, so edgy! I think where we're at is one position above you on the ladder.

And kept our faint finals hopes alive with a backs to the wall win without 8 to 10 (depending who you count) of our best side out, 2 academy debutants and an 18 year old rookie playing at CHF.

Yes, how dare we enjoy that.

Wasn't pretty but with all those outs 😜 we will take it.
A week off & Wilson, Logue, Fyfe & tabs back in the team.
I think we will be building for the rest of the season..

God the way you opposition fans carry on you'd think every team in the afl outside of freo and gold coast are perfect, and every player in the game outside of freo and suns players have never set a foot wrong in their entire career.
UGLY first half yes, but you've got a team absolutely carnaged by injury and an inexperienced team who've made a big journey. The second half was actually quite enjoyable

The club is obviously a disaster, but the players are contributing massively here.

I’d be shocked if Dew was instructing Lukosius to try and intercept mark in the goal square when a rushed behind gives you the ball back anyway with an opportunity to run further out of the square. Rosas dropped a simple uncontested mark 25m out straight in front when the game was still theoretically on the line. King looks like he’s been taking lessons from his brother on how to lack physicality and butcher opportunities in front of goal.

With a few exceptions they’re not kids anymore. They’re supposedly highly talented footballers with a few seasons at least under their belt, who are now supported by some experienced players in all lines. But they pick and choose when to turn up and they make terrible decisions way too often for professional athletes.

I think it’s a shame when kids get drafted there because there’s undoubtedly an issue with the environment. But they can’t keep dishing this up years into their career and not expect to get blamed for it.
However I'm pretty sure that Dew got Lemons (and yes I spelt that right) to continually kick out from behinds and turn the ball over when you have one of the best kicks in the league standing in a back pocket. Lukosius finally starting to take the kick ins about half way through the last quarter and Gold Coast started to move the ball outside their back 50. Rocket science it ain't.

Dew is a spud
Likeable bloke but sh*t coach

No way gc should of lost that game yesterday.
Putrid effort
I disagree their main centre square midfield was miller, greenwood and swallow with zack smith rucking. Any team putting that out will be poor. Gold coast just need consistent improvement from their kids. to create a centre square group of rowll, anderson, rankine, bowes and witts. still 2 years away i think.

She was sticking it to Darcy around Walters passing it off.
It was funny.
Only Darcy kicked the goal. I think she was genuinely overrawed by the rare spectacle of Freo kicking it between the big sticks and believed that Walters did in fact make the best decision of his football career.

Last edited:
I disagree their main centre square midfield was miller, greenwood and swallow with zack smith rucking. Any team putting that out will be poor. Gold coast just need consistent improvement from their kids. to create a centre square group of rowll, anderson, rankine, bowes and witts. still 2 years away i think.
I disagree with you
They've said that since ablett left
They aren't kids now.
Stand on your own 2 feet time.
Putrid effort yesterday.
Dew should be feeling heat

Back