Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - North v Giants Sun June 13th 3:20pm EST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is sadly true. We only have 10-12 years left at best to get out of Simpkin, Thomas, Zurhaar, Powell, Stephenson etc etc. If only we had some young starts propping us up like McEvoy and Tom Phillips.

Goldstein, Cunnington, Tarrant just hold the team together.

Umpires umpires umpires

Booooring !!

Seeya
They ruined a good game of footy.

Not that it makes a difference to our season. While it’s not a win, we played some pretty good footy unlike the mob in navy blue.

Maybe Docherty could watch the replay to learn what putting your head over it is? ;)

Just when you think they can’t get any worse, they come out and take it to new levels.

Feel bad for Cunnington.
Deserved a win there.
On the balance of things, it is what it is. Running out of puff and conceding soft goals doesn’t win games of footy, not that GWS played particularly well either.

They ruined a good game of footy.

Not that it makes a difference to our season. While it’s not a win, we played some pretty good footy unlike the mob in navy blue.

Maybe Docherty could watch the replay to learn what putting your head over it is? ;)

Just when you think they can’t get any worse, they come out and take it to new levels.

RUOK ?

Who gives a s**t about umpires, don’t give them oxygen.

North s**t the bed in the last quarter.
Live with it mate …

Goldstein, Cunnington, Tarrant just hold the team together.
Well, Cunners is a freak footballer (would be Hawthorn’s best by a country mile) so of course he’s always in our bests. But go get your calculator out and come back to me with how old you reckon Zurhaar (BOG for us), Simpkin and Thomas are. Goldy hasn’t been in our top handful (not his fault he was up against a spud in Mumford and taught him a lesson today) and Tarrant hasn’t even played this year. But go on, you Rhodes Scholar, show us your maths skills.

RUOK ?

Who gives a sh*t about umpires, don’t give them oxygen.

North sh*t the bed in the last quarter.
Live with it mate …
As I said it makes no difference to our season.

Just sick of seeing games ruined by garbage.

Game gets closer to rugby by the minute. If you aren’t throwing it you are doing it wrong.

HTB and incorrect disposal have become the unicorn of our game.

We shat the bed, game should have been over at 3/4 time.

Well the AFL spoon feed North, not the TFL.

Big handouts make the difference. ;)

lol

My suburban club turns over more revenue than the richest TFL club ever did, it has nothing to do with the AFL, North or Hawks. If we didn't play some games at Hobart, the Federal government would never have funded Blundstone's redevelopment, our deal in Tasmania is just a commercial deal.

Tasmanians don't turn up to footy, it is why your state league keeps dying, it is why you don't have an AFL side and shouldn't have one. There is no evidence they could support an AFL side or that enough people will show up for it.

There is nobody on this planet that wants Tasmania to have their own team more than me, because I don't want my club playing there, it is just low effort easy money for the club and my preference is for them to work harder on growth in the North-eastern corridor, where the vast majority of Melbourne's population growth will come from over the next century. We worked much harder on that region before the Tasmanian games and will likely go back to doing it again after Tasmania.

I want Tasmania to happen but there just isn't any evidence the people will support it, all you have atm is hope and it is going to be hard to get clubs to agree to split the revenue base further on the back of hope.

lol

My suburban club turns over more revenue than the richest TFL club ever did, it has nothing to do with the AFL, North or Hawks. If we didn't play some games at Hobart, the Federal government would never have funded Blundstone's redevelopment, our deal in Tasmania is just a commercial deal.

Tasmanians don't turn up to footy, it is why your state league keeps dying, it is why you don't have an AFL side and shouldn't have one. There is no evidence they could support an AFL side or that enough people will show up for it.

There is nobody on this planet that wants Tasmania to have their own team more than me, because I don't want my club playing there, it is just low effort easy money for the club and my preference is for them to work harder on growth in the North-eastern corridor, where the vast majority of Melbourne's population growth will come from over the next century. We worked much harder on that region before the Tasmanian games and will likely go back to doing it again after Tasmania.

I want Tasmania to happen but there just isn't any evidence the people will support it, all you have atm is hope and it is going to be hard to get clubs to agree to split the revenue base further on the back of hope.
Wasting your bandwidth on that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

If that's the case, then at least try to understand the basics of the argument.

A good start for you would be the fact that people are largely disinterested in watching clubs they don't support.

Especially clubs like yours that, as you admit, are only tarting themselves for money by playing in Tassie.

lol

I agree, people don't go to local games. Nor even VFL matches it seems. The 'fans' don't exactly pack out Norths games either. The difference is one is spoon fed AFL money & lives on other clubs fans paying at the gate.

Its no ones fault, just an historic fact that Melbourne clubs come in all sizes. The little clubs live out of the big clubs pockets. & AFL welfare.

Who knows what the AFL will do. I would say we'd be better off than some clubs currently flying interstate for money.

Well, Cunners is a freak footballer (would be Hawthorn’s best by a country mile) so of course he’s always in our bests. But go get your calculator out and come back to me with how old you reckon Zurhaar (BOG for us), Simpkin and Thomas are. Goldy hasn’t been in our top handful (not his fault he was up against a spud in Mumford and taught him a lesson today) and Tarrant hasn’t even played this year. But go on, you Rhodes Scholar, show us your maths skills.

All three so important.

I agree, people don't go to local games. Nor even VFL matches it seems. The 'fans' don't exactly pack out Norths games either. The difference is one is spoon fed AFL money & lives on other clubs fans paying at the gate.

Its no ones fault, just an historic fact that Melbourne clubs come in all sizes. The little clubs live out of the big clubs pockets. & AFL welfare.

Who knows what the AFL will do. I would say we'd be better off than some clubs currently flying interstate for money.
That's the thing, isn't it?

Any comp below AFL level these days, sadly, only attracts niche level support.

If that's the case, then at least try to understand the basics of the argument.

A good start for you would be the fact that people are largely disinterested in watching clubs they don't support.

Especially clubs like yours that, as you admit, are only tarting themselves for money by playing in Tassie.

Maybe you should educate yourself first before calling out others?

We didn't tart ourselves, Richmond organised the Hobart deal with Tasmanian government, Cricket Tasmania and AFL Tasmania but the AFL rejected it because Richmond were already selling games up North and the AFL said you couldn't sell games to two different markets. The AFL proposed to the parties if they could convince us to replace Richmond then they would agree to the deal to schedule some games there (we weren't selling any games at the time). They offered us a lot of money, on the back that it was commercially viable and generated money for the State, they got an independent consultancy firm to do that, they said yes and they ran the numbers again after the first two years and it was more lucrative to the state than they had conservatively estimated.

So it was a commercial deal that benefitted all the parties. That is great, but we have stated clearly on a number of times since JB left that we have no desire to move there, our members wouldn't allow it even if the board was in favour of it, but we were happy to do as much as we could do to make it a success for both Tasmania and us, but it was painfully obvious that the attendances were heavily reliant on people flying/sailing into Tasmania.

Our deal wasn't like the Hawthorn deal, we weren't getting a ton of money from the state government, we were getting a fair bit of funding by TT Line, which is semi-government, but again, that was based off commercial estimations of it being good for the carrier and the state. Unlike the Hawthorn deal, we share the revenue with AFL Tasmania and Cricket Tasmania, so it was a lot more than than Tasmania paying us for games, the arrangement saw a significant redevelopment of Blundstone (Federal government wouldn't do it without AFL games there and Hawks refused to play any games in Hobart) and it saw much needed revenue head towards the other two Tasmanian organisations.

Most of our games in Tasmania have been a pretty good standard, despite the conditions sometimes being challenging. We have very rarely played poorly there.

I don't care if people hate my club, if you want to see football to succeed in your state, you support the games. If every game in Tasmania was a sellout and there were queues going back a mile, you wouldn't need try hards in the media trying to guilt the AFL into giving you a team, the people out there would have done the selling for you. If you hate North but want footy there then don't wear North colours, wear your now defunct TFL team colours. Do something other than complaining on forums.

It is the same advice I gave to North supporter who were whining about threatening to pull their membership because they are unhappy about losing some reserved seating. The club entertained this option because not enough supporters put bums on seats. If you aren't happy with the status quo, doing nothing is always worse than being proactive about something.

Maybe you should educate yourself first before calling out others?

We didn't tart ourselves, Richmond organised the Hobart deal with Tasmanian government, Cricket Tasmania and AFL Tasmania but the AFL rejected it because Richmond were already selling games up North and the AFL said you couldn't sell games to two different markets. The AFL proposed to the parties if they could convince us to replace Richmond then they would agree to the deal to schedule some games there (we weren't selling any games at the time). They offered us a lot of money, on the back that it was commercially viable and generated money for the State, they got an independent consultancy firm to do that, they said yes and they ran the numbers again after the first two years and it was more lucrative to the state than they had conservatively estimated.

So it was a commercial deal that benefitted all the parties. That is great, but we have stated clearly on a number of times since JB left that we have no desire to move there, our members wouldn't allow it even if the board was in favour of it, but we were happy to do as much as we could do to make it a success for both Tasmania and us, but it was painfully obvious that the attendances were heavily reliant on people flying/sailing into Tasmania.

Our deal wasn't like the Hawthorn deal, we weren't getting a ton of money from the state government, we were getting a fair bit of funding by TT Line, which is semi-government, but again, that was based off commercial estimations of it being good for the carrier and the state. Unlike the Hawthorn deal, we share the re revenue with AFL Tasmania and Cricket Tasmania, so it was a lot more than than Tasmania paying us for games, the arrangement saw a significant redevelopment of Blundstone (Federal government wouldn't do it without AFL games there and Hawks refused to play any games in Hobart) and it saw much needed revenue head towards the other two Tasmanian organisations.

Most of our games in Tasmania have been a pretty good standard, despite the conditions sometimes being challenging. We have very rarely played poorly there.

I don't care if people hate my club, if you want to football to succeed in your state, you support the games. If every game in Tasmania was a sellout and there were queues going back a mile, you wouldn't need try hards in the media trying to guilt the AFL into giving you a team, the people out there would have done the selling for you. If you hate North by want footy there then don't wear North colours, wear your now defunct TFL team colours. Do something other than complaining on forums.

It is the same advice I gave to North supporter who were whining about threatening to pull their membership because they are unhappy about losing some reserved seating. The club entertained this option because not enough supporters put bums on seats. If you aren't happy with the status quo, doing nothing is always worse than being proactive about something.

Mate we've copped years of the 'support the game & you'll get your own club' BS. Its just a con job that's run its race.

People are sick of it. Which ever way it goes with getting a club, its still bye bye North.

Mate we've copped years of the 'support the game & you'll get your own club' BS. Its just a con job that's run its race.

People are sick of it. Which ever way it goes with getting a club, its still bye bye North.
North will be around long after you have shuffled off this mortal coil.

The third oldest sporting club in the country is not going into the night because of a second rate organisation like the AFL.

Back