Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the line about 'it's a tough game to umpire', blah blah, but seriously, are the umpiring standards the worst in living memory? the current group are either show ponies (yes Ray, that's you) or have no feel whatever for the game. On top of general incompetence, you have an 'umpires department' that change the rules every week. Drives me nuts (and Trent Dumont too I suspect)

Defending from clearances still a problem, but we got more positives out of that than an overprivileged franchise supposed to be contending.

Umpiring was momentum killing and beyond atrocious. I'll pay the fine for you Noble as that was diabolical.
I think we should all put in for his fine. Absolutely disgusting umpiring. Brownlow votes to the umpires today.

A lot to take from that.

Good ball movement.
Forward line is gelling better
Ball transition from backline to forward line is much better.
Zurhaar and larkey are attacking the ball well.
Simpkin and TT are getting better
LDU and Powell are showing great signs.
Jack , hall and Turner did their job back there.

Negatives we get scored to easily when the ball goes inside 50
Young is invisible unless he’s ******* something up.
Big defenders all struggled
Last two centre clearances - seems to land there slot and we’ve never got anyone there.
Yep ldu was gassed in centre at end. Xerri competes well. Holds it in his area. Frees larkey up.

Your significant other walks into the bedroom in sexy lingerie.

You're hard as a rock and ready to go.....

and then for some reason the significant other takes a s**t on the bed.

How you would feel in that scenario would probably be similar to how you're feeling right now.

I know the line about 'it's a tough game to umpire', blah blah, but seriously, are the umpiring standards the worst in living memory? the current group are either show ponies (yes Ray, that's you) or have no feel whatever for the game. On top of general incompetence, you have an 'umpires department' that change the rules every week. Drives me nuts (and Trent Dumont too I suspect)

I miss the days where you’d yell at the umpire for a second and then forget about them for the whole game. They try to make a simple game so complex

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anybody remember KBTV? Kevin Bartlett and his cronies giving biased commentary during that North V Richmond game back in 2014. I swear every game is like listening to KBTV. I hope the club seriously enquires about having these two *******s (Healy and Russell) banned from commentating North games.

I know the line about 'it's a tough game to umpire', blah blah, but seriously, are the umpiring standards the worst in living memory?

It's a media generated deflection. It's got nothing to do with truth. The media are in on the lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defending from clearances still a problem, but we got more positives out of that than an overprivileged franchise supposed to be contending.

Umpiring was momentum killing and beyond atrocious. I'll pay the fine for you Noble as that was diabolical.
I'm not tech savvy to set up 'crowd funding', as the kids say, but would contribute some pennies.

Thank fu** Healey was there to justify every free to GWS, he really helped me understand.

He is so anti North. Was even trying to get a free kick again hall when he took a f
great defensive mark

When’s Lukey Mac back? Replaces ziebell or Ats when he does for mine.

If Jy can fix up his kicking in open play he’ll be a star. Until then he will be a B+ Player at best. Really hurt us numerous times tonight. Love his work in close.

thought xerri showed enough to keep his spot. Quiet but competed well. Keep him in the rest of the year

Zurhaar fantastic! Chalk and cheese from the pretender that was inhabiting his body the first 8 or so rounds. Outstanding efforts all around the ground, particular in the 3rd.

Just more seasoned. Young players went out of game.

Yeah our whole fitness regime will be tossed out at seasons end, let's see if I'm correct. Won't know for a bit yet of course. TT. LDU. Zurhaar and so on. My belief is our pre season will be totally different to what we have done in the past.

Your significant other walks into the bedroom in sexy lingerie.

You're hard as a rock and ready to go.....

and then for some reason the significant other takes a sh*t on the bed.

How you would feel in that scenario would probably be similar to how you're feeling right now.

I think I've seen that movie, might have had German subtitles.

Yeah our whole fitness regime will be tossed out at seasons end, let's see if I'm correct. Won't know for a bit yet of course. TT. LDU. Zurhaar and so on. My belief is our pre season will be totally different to what we have done in the past.
What ever we’ve done in the past has not worked…

Both sides would've left like they'd lost today - they just should've beat us regardless and we let the game slip

Improvements there to see in the first 3 quarters and that's what I'm taking away from the game. Sure, it's frustrating that we couldn't see it through but liked what I saw up until the last.

The last was a combination of us running out of gas, going into our shells when they started to get on top, some defensive errors on our part and some howlers ("deliberate" on Turner, 110kg Mumford going down like a wet noodle and milking a 50)

Best games I've seen Zurhaar and Mahony play for the year, thought both were really good
Not a fan of Young playing wing, just doesnt seem suited to it.

I honestly thought we were absolutely brilliant tonight. GWS had a few darts at us tonight and we were able to get the game on our terms except for the start and end of the 4th. Massive games from Cunners, TT, Cam Z, Hally, Mahoney and I’m sure I’m missing a few.

That’s a sustainable brand of footy built on good contest work, excellent pressure and good setup behind the ball.

Watching our last goal that was kicked by Cam Z which was setup by lots of kids under the age of 22 flicking the ball around warmed the heart. It’s happening in front of our eyes, the next gen are starting to shine in key moments.

J Kelly was pretty good.........

I miss the days where you’d yell at the umpire for a second and then forget about them for the whole game. They try to make a simple game so complex

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The game is over-regulated - give the umpires a rule book, tell them to apply it, and judge performance accordingly, without all the "coaching", memos about this week's rule, etc etc. The problem is with the culture of the governing body, that treats the game as its play thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back