Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh we definitely chocked during the final quarter. And I'm wrapt we didn't get the 4 points because I dont want to go through a 25 year rebuild.

But you as an opposition club should be worried about how they protect this endangered species that is the AFL's franchise club with some of the calls.

The irony of Taylor Garner getting held and nothing being paid compared to Whitfield's free kick after being tackled set me off.

Quarters 1-3 were full of GWS favoured calls.
2 points is the same as 4 points, as it makes our crap percentage meaningless.
It was the worst possible result...
We don’t get the ‘nourishment’ of a win, but we are dent our chances of landing Horne.

just thought I'd come over and say commiserations and gee those umpires were bad and you blokes were unlucky but you have list issues and you need to deal with this player and that player...........cause this is what that moron snake baker does on our site and every other losing club site on the board - I don't know if he wasn't hugged as a child or what but I'm just wondering what you people think about his continual intrusion onto other boards - especially after they have just lost? thoughts?

We are very happy with him spending time on other clubs' boards and that's all there is to say about it.

It wasn't a marking contest. For whatever reason, it's not paid as deliberate if you spoil out of bounds in a marking contest. But this one wasn't so there's no precedent.
I couldn’t care less if it’s deemed a marketing contest or not.

Turner was clearly behind Greene and spoiled the ball to prevent Greene from taking possession.

I have never seen one single player in the comp pinged for that action.

The umpire has to deem there was insufficient intent to keep the ball in. The only intent Turner had was to Fist the ball so Greene doesn’t take possession.

If that’s the new rule then marking contest or not you need to pay all spoils that go out of bounds as deliberate or admit that your a cheating maggot looking to give GWS the ball?

Go win another off season by paying a middle of the road flanker elite $

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I couldn’t care less if it’s deemed a marketing contest or not.

Turner was clearly behind Greene and spoiled the ball to prevent Greene from taking possession.

I have never seen one single player in the comp pinged for that action.

Then you haven’t watched much. Roman Roy is right and it’s been paid that way consistently

We need to be better with the ball in pressure situations but understandably its a bit hard to do that when we're inexperienced and out of gas.

Fitness needs to be overhauled.

I'd appreciate your insight on the art of throwing? And how that is being umpired?

There was one today Thomas did that I thought was pretty slick. Tom Liberatore like. If that’s the way it’s umpired you’ve got to take advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you haven’t watched much. Roman Roy is right and it’s been paid that way consistently
A player fisting the ball away from behind to prevent a player from taking possession has never been penalised as deliberate. The only time I have seen it paid is if the defender is in front and spoils to the line.

You might want to watch more footy. It was textbook to stop Greene from taking possession. The rule is insufficient intent to keep the ball in, we aren’t playing last touched.

No, the only liability down back was Josh fu**in Walker..
If you watch the replay carefully you will notice that Walker's direct opponent rarely got a touch. It was a very good defensive game by Josh. Taz shouldn't have played and McKay had a poor game for once but Walker held his own.

I want to know why Thomas spent much of the last 10 minutes on the bench? Can anyone imagine Carey, Mick Martin or Archer being benched in such circumstances?

I wouldn't be brave enough to ask them to come off if I was the runner!!!!

Larkey battled well when the ball hit the ground but couldn't take a mark and could not get a free kick. In the last quarter I was missing Campbell but Xerri showed promise.

Zurhar played well and I look forward to him doing what Green did for them when Green was put in the centre at the end.

There was one today Thomas did that I thought was pretty slick. Tom Liberatore like. If that’s the way it’s umpired you’ve got to take advantage.
No one throws to the level of Liberatore. In fact Champion Data need to add effective throws to the stats, because he doesn’t handball very often.

2 points is the same as 4 points, as it makes our crap percentage meaningless.
It was the worst possible result...
We don’t get the ‘nourishment’ of a win, but we are dent our chances of landing Horne.
Crazytalk, we still have to find two more wins to get over the hawks, that’s hasn’t changed from before the game.. and they’ll win a few more..

A draw cancels GWS season and doesn’t change our position one iota.

GWS are right up there competing with Geelong as the team that cheats the most. I'd hate to be paying their mayo bill coz they put it on every touch. So frustrating to see soccer worthy cheating by over acting every touch.
That Greene ponce, mouth breathing with his chest puffed out and head back as he struts around, but if beaten he drops, lurches and dives like a bloody sook. If he was as good as he thinks he is he wouldn’t be acting like a pissy cheat. Like Dangerfield, the Selwoods and a few notable others, this bloke is a soft-utensil who will be remembered by many for that behaviour over and above his freakish goals and good play.

Ziebell, Zurhaar and someone else? I remember my dad yelling out nobes wants us to lose with them on the bench
Thomas iirc the commentators said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back