Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Only saw it on TV but lots of positive signs and while the draw is disappointing there's no doubt the pieces are falling into place.

Positives
Zurhaar (I was wrong), Turner (I was wrong) Mahoney (I was wrong), Hall (I was wrong)
Cunners and Goldy - absolute beasts
TT 19 and 2 shows he is building nicely
LDU, Powell and Scott - showed more than glimpses of great potential

Negatives
How many times did we kick to the opposition?
Need a big bodied forward to help Larkey
Those *ing umpires. Seriously shithouse.

One question. Anyone know why we had armbands on today? (apologies if it's already been mentioned).

Xerri, I thought ...
Maybe, though Thomas would have been mentioned in the same vein as Zurhaar and Ziebell as he was more influential on the game than Xerri. Doesn't matter though :) Well, now anyway

Only saw it on TV but lots of positive signs and while the draw is disappointing there's no doubt the pieces are falling into place.

Positives
Zurhaar (I was wrong), Turner (I was wrong) Mahoney (I was wrong), Hall (I was wrong)

Negatives
Those f*n umpires. Seriously shithouse.

One question. Anyone know why we had armbands on today? (apologies if it's already been mentioned).

I could be wrong but it looked like it was just the indigenous boys that had them on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed we didn't take the four points, but it's hard not to be happy with the performance of the team and the effort of the guys. They took it up GWS and showed great determination with flashes of brilliance and almost stole the win. A few errors proved costly, unfortunately we are still unable to cover those errors and the Giants were able to score a few goals and that was the biggest difference between a win and draw.

Signs are positive for the future, Mahony is starting to do some good things in the forward half, LDU is starting to look like a beast in the middle, Powell and Thomas are all class and Scott has his moments as well. It will interesting to see how these guys progress over the remainder of the season and next few years.

It doesn't have to be deliberate any more, it just needs to be "insufficient intent to prevent the ball going out of bounds."

It is however a bit of a rough call because plenty of others like it get nada.

Also, judging intent is a horrific thing to try and get umpires to do, but that's a whole other story.
Well I didn’t see Greene making much of an effort to keep the ball in play so when you think about it, the free could easily have been against him.

but fair dinkum. It is umpired so inconsistently that the rule is a farce.

Positives

Negatives
Those f*n umpires. Seriously shithouse.

We were mourning the careers of Gerard Healy and Derwayne Russell.

Unlucky. The fix was in all game from the umps. Some calls given to the giants in last qtr happened to us (tunneling on Turner, 50m penalty) earlier in the game and we got donuts.
In some ways we showed enough that we can win and should have won the game but still keep no. 1 pick.
Senior guys were the ones making lots of errors like Hall, Ziebell, Garner etc. Young guys making better decisions apart from Simpkin but he was buggered imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back