hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Just rewatched the second half. Jones was actually really good from the third quarter. Other than the one time where he got caught out, he was very strong with some excellent penetrating kicks into the forward 50
People jump on the bad because it suits their narrative.

They're unable to judge players on their merits.

His foot was off the ground so he will be in big trouble like Dangerfield, probably 1-2 weeks less because he did play the ball.
It is, in fact, quite difficult to run with both feet on the ground all of the time

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
In fact if one foot is on the ground at all times it is called “walking”

Having both feet off the ground at once is grounds for disqualification in Olympic walking competitions
So why the hell do they practice that mechanic if it really isn’t that natural to the gait?

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was great to win, but if we're serious and objective, that was a crap St Kilda side that could barely put a side out, who dominated if for over a half of football.

We were atrocious.and St Kilda were always going to fade.

I do celebrate the come back and mental application to come back and win, but there are alot of problems and things we must work on.

Not sure the crows would have won of it were any other team.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was great to win, but if we're serious and objective, that was a crap St Kilda side that could barely put a side out, who dominated if for over a half of football.

I do celebrate the come back and mental application to come back and win, but there are alot of problems and things we must work on.

So you’re basically saying, we are still in the middle of a rebuild with things to work on? Even the best teams can’t be on all the time, but they still find a way to win. Grinding out a win like that is huge for the confidence of a team rebuilding. It was wet, humid and terrible conditions for footy, it was never going to be clean or pretty to watch.

Even the Bulldogs had to grind a win against Freo in the wet last week, sometimes conditions don’t allow pretty footy, so you just need to grind it out and win ugly. To even manage to comeback from 6 goals down in those conditions against any team is an amazing effort and should be applauded, while recognizing our first quarters recently are an issue and something to work on.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Way to suck the positivity out of a win . We are rebuilding. What are you expecting? A win is a win and always will be 😀

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So would Hunter get rubbed out if mackay got injured?

what if both players got injured? Do they both get rubbed out?

why isnt david king saying that hunter should have pulled out of the contest,

both players arrived at the ball at the same time. One at greater pace than the other.

umpires called play on because it was... wait for it... play on.

there’s just no case to answer there.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Nicks on Thilthorpe: “He’s got great football intelligence when it comes to his preparation, he’s one of the best, he’s always trying to get better.
“The part we love about Riley is he knows he’s got so much more improvement in him and that’s even more exciting.”
:oops:
From my pov, it's scary-good :eek:-:D to imagine how much improvement and how good he will become.
My best hope is that he doesn't get phased or burdened by speculation and/or fan expectations, but it's going to be exciting watching him develop with Schoenberg/ Sholl/ Berry et al in the same side.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I just watched the last two minutes again. For a really A-grade player, Ryder should have done a lot better than blindly kicking into a teammate a few inches in front of him: that was game-losingly poor. Then, as Rowe was laboriously kicking for goal, our boy Laird was patting Ryder on the back and commiserating with him.
I have never rated Ryder.

Port went backwards getting him. Lobbe was competent and doing well.

Seeing him get an AA when Jacobs belted him in two Showdowns and Max Gawn keep him to 0 hit outs for a half (Gawn went off injured and Ryder dominated, Port win) sums up how bad some AA selections are.

Port never won a Final in the period of time Ryder was there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Wtf is that Mackay charge? He’s being sent straight to the tribunal with no actual charge to defend?
Christian just saving everyone time. No matter what he ruled, it would have ended up at the tribunal.
Basically it is Christian throwing his hands up and saying "I've got no idea".

I genuinely can't see how it warrants a suspension though. Mackay does everything right, including having his eyes on the ball and even getting hands on the ball. There is no malice.

Back