Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done guys, the effort was there.
Backline looked a bit disorganized, but it'll take a couple of weeks for Taz and Buckets to sort themselves out.
Great to see Larkey leading with his hands out.
Cam, Cam, Cam keep it up.
Big X looked lost at times, but did a solid job.
Mahony showed the doubters they were wrong💪
Stevo, cracker game, what a workhorse.
Good to see a bit of defensive effort from LDU tonight, but still think you can't have him and Jye in the middle together not enough defensive pressure.
Goldy top job on lurch👍
As others have said, Nobe's what was with the bench in the last 8 minutes?
Hope Garners injury is just a tweek.
Umpires; if it wasn't cheating it was incompetence. Either way you shouldn't be out there.

Gerald f...king Healy, at times I wanted to shove a hot poker up your arse.
Your bias was vomit inducing, comments like Brad Johnson "that was an obvious throw by GWS"
GFH " no it was only one handed"

I've had my rant, next week is another opportunity.

If you watch the replay carefully you will notice that Walker's direct opponent rarely got a touch. It was a very good defensive game by Josh. Taz shouldn't have played and McKay had a poor game for once but Walker held his own.

I want to know why Thomas spent much of the last 10 minutes on the bench? Can anyone imagine Carey, Mick Martin or Archer being benched in such circumstances?

I wouldn't be brave enough to ask them to come off if I was the runner!!!!

Larkey battled well when the ball hit the ground but couldn't take a mark and could not get a free kick. In the last quarter I was missing Campbell but Xerri showed promise.

Zurhar played well and I look forward to him doing what Green did for them when Green was put in the centre at the end.
😂 he cant *in kick and he ran straight past himmelberg.. nah mate, hes gotta go.

Perfect result mate.
They learn a lot about what to do to close games. They get driven to win due to the disappointment. Confidence for players that performed well. Some easy fixes and we win that.
We don’t get 4 points and maintain draft position.
You are right. I was in that post draw mood.
Team will have taken a lot from this

just thought I'd come over and say commiserations and gee those umpires were bad and you blokes were unlucky but you have list issues and you need to deal with this player and that player...........cause this is what that moron snake baker does on our site and every other losing club site on the board - I don't know if he wasn't hugged as a child or what but I'm just wondering what you people think about his continual intrusion onto other boards - especially after they have just lost? thoughts?

Never been on an opposition board so I’d have no idea!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stiff I thought. GWS got the rub of the green at some crucial moments when they had no right to get those calls. Luckily it doesn't mean s**t - we're not making finals and neither are they at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiff I thought. GWS got the rub of the green at some crucial moments when they had no right to get those calls. Luckily it doesn't mean sh*t - we're not making finals and neither are they at this rate.

Absolutely, but I also don't care. Moral victors but still probably going to get pick 1, all the excitement came from young guys who will grow into serious players, of course there's going to be inconsistency, without which the umpires wouldn't have been able to make a difference to the final result. We can look forward to entire games that resemble the 1st and 3rd quarters.

Well done guys, the effort was there.
Backline looked a bit disorganized, but it'll take a couple of weeks for Taz and Buckets to sort themselves out.
Great to see Larkey leading with his hands out.
Cam, Cam, Cam keep it up.
Big X looked lost at times, but did a solid job.
Mahony showed the doubters they were wrong💪
Stevo, cracker game, what a workhorse.
Good to see a bit of defensive effort from LDU tonight, but still think you can't have him and Jye in the middle together not enough defensive pressure.
Goldy top job on lurch👍
As others have said, Nobe's what was with the bench in the last 8 minutes?
Hope Garners injury is just a tweek.
Umpires; if it wasn't cheating it was incompetence. Either way you shouldn't be out there.

Gerald f...king Healy, at times I wanted to shove a hot poker up your arse.
Your bias was vomit inducing, comments like Brad Johnson "that was an obvious throw by GWS"
GFH " no it was only one handed"

I've had my rant, next week is another opportunity.

Brilliant wrap Waussie, nailed it.

Some repetition but here goes:-

- we've all been here before. It sucks and we got the wrong end of the whistle but at the same time the Giants should have pinched it. How (Reid?) missed that shot I do not know.
- Mahony! My word. What on earth was I thinking. His game was arguably the most interesting one to watch today.
- Hall insane. Wasteful but who would have thought he would come good the way he has. Is that a win for the coaching staff? I hope so.
- Turner fantastic
- How much have we missed Tarrant, although MacKay spent the game like a lost sheep which was a big surprise
- Zuhaar seems to be figuring out how to work off Larkey
- Zuhaar, Thomas and Simpkin - we have some class after all!
- in theme with that, we seem to be getting quick hands inside of the packs. It's been a long wait but hopefully a sign of things to come. Also dangerous up forward - head is spinning.
- Cunnington and Goldy mighty

On a side note Russell and Healy are flogs of the highest order. Sat there the whole call waiting for GWS to come back. Russell - 'N3 made a good buffer but they were always on thin ice.....they're on the bottom!' What an arsehat.

The game is over-regulated - give the umpires a rule book, tell them to apply it, and judge performance accordingly, without all the "coaching", memos about this week's rule, etc etc. The problem is with the culture of the governing body, that treats the game as its play thing
This. It’s not the umps, it’s the ******* AFL.

Is Jack Ziebell one of the worst marks in the comp?

How many times does he drop an easy mark only for it to hit the ground and be picked up for an easy goal to the opposition.

Which is why the backline experiment should have stopped by now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Young was bad
Ziebs was bad
Tarrant was very rusty
Scott needed to kick a point that last foray forward.
Cunners great
Mahonys best game
Goldy great, especially given Mummy was allowed to tackle him in ruck contests (and also coat-hanger people, didn't realise that was allowed)
Zurhaar really cracked in.
Larkey started well but faded
Xerri competed well.

Young was bad - If he irons out those brain fade arse hat moments he will be a handy player. The fumble after taking a good mark on the wing made me choke.

Cunners great - clearly head and shoulders above anyone else. 3rd Syd coming up surely?

Mahonys best game - Showed the naysayers. Ive always thought he has something, now consistently putting that type of performance is key.

Zurhaar really cracked in - Arguably his best game for us. Did things at both ends and hit the scoreboard.

Xerri competed well - This guy was no where near it. Keep him in, but the one handed attempts at marking the ball on multiple occasions. Stick 2 hands up XERRI and rotate your hips and protect the space of the ball and losing the contest has to go, not shepherding long kicks for goal through and his kicking is below WRFL div 3 level. I was very disappointed

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back