Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power, Rd 15, Saturday June 26 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll drop this because the Power are crap against Top 8 sides and beat the bottom 10 sides comfortably :)

Are we a top 8 side? We just got smacked at home by the 17th placed team

I think our fixture is very encouraging in the back end of the season. We finish the year with Freo, Essendon, North Melbourne, St Kilda and Gold Coast. Depending on how results along the way go, there's a good chance all five of those could be out of finals contention by the time we play them, while we will still be very much in the hunt. Which means that there's significantly less chance of us coming in half-baked against those sides as we were in our first matches against them this year.

Anyone got the Premier of SA's number. Need to ask a favour and get his ******* borders reopened. I don't live in the state of North and North-Western Melbourne. (Yes, I have decided that the North-west and western suburbs of Melbourne should be annexed from the rest of our state.)

I'm with you. Need the border to re open. I reckon....2 weeks after our lockdown ended. Which is the day before the match. Thats when the border will re open.

Warner in for taylor
Parker goes fwd for hayward
Gulden in for wicks
Brand in for hewett and give fox hewetts opponent
Blakey or stephens to take parkers midfield spot

fk me the current mids of mills, jpk, prker and rowy are diabolical if they dont get first use from hickey. And even then, hickey gets most clearances sometimes smh. None of em chase
I reckon Wicks stays. Has a good rest. Body temperature down a bit.

Gulden, I reckon, plays best delivering the ball into the I50. Therefore, replaces a mid.

I'm with you. Need the border to re open. I reckon....2 weeks after our lockdown ended. Which is the day before the match. Thats when the border will re open.
Need the call to be made on Thursday before the game at the latest. Have to cancel flights and hotels 24 hours in advance so if it's too late I'll have had to cancel anyway. 😔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our fixture is very encouraging in the back end of the season. We finish the year with Freo, Essendon, North Melbourne, St Kilda and Gold Coast.
To me these look like 5 danger games. And before anyone says something like ‘But if we’re going to be serious about playing finals’ I don’t think we are that serious.

To me these look like 5 danger games. And before anyone says something like ‘But if we’re going to be serious about playing finals’ I don’t think we are that serious.
We are NOT premiership contenders this year - nowhere near it.

But squeaking into the 8 would offer some valuable experience to the young players.

Alas, I can see us 8-10 & back outside the 8 in five games from now.

Finishing 6th v 7th makes a big difference to draw in 2020. I do want to win every single game, but if we aren’t ready we’re not ready and our ladder position will be set for assault next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back