Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 13 - Eagles v Tigers Sun June 13th 7:20pm EST / 5:20pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

fair bit of travelling in the last 2 weeks

View attachment 1154699
The travel load is a sudden unexpected change that we couldn't really plan for at the start of the year, that's where it hurts. But the toll is made bigger without being at home since mid May, no doubt some mental fatigue sets in with players away from their homes, friends, families and normal routines.

Hopefully we have our planned fixture for the rest of the year and can play some more consistent footy after a well earned rest. Richmond haven't been bad per se, we've just been inconsistent week to week and within games our best is too often followed by our worst.

Interesting how Essendon ran out of gas vs Richmond in the last 10 minutes.
Richmond ran out of gas vs West Coast in the last 10 minutes.
West Coast ran out of gas vs Essendon in the last 10 minutes.
Sometimes it is just down to who has been forced to do the defending when.

WC maintainined posession a little better and set up defensively well forward of centre, so the players probably had to do less running.

With fewer interchanges, these sorts of circumstances will impact more.

The travel load is a sudden unexpected change that we couldn't really plan for at the start of the year, that's where it hurts. But the toll is made bigger without being at home since mid May, no doubt some mental fatigue sets in with players away from their homes, friends, families and normal routines.

Hopefully we have our planned fixture for the rest of the year and can play some more consistent footy after a well earned rest. Richmond haven't been bad per se, we've just been inconsistent week to week and within games our best is too often followed by our worst.
I'm sure you have a lovely string of mcg games lined up as usual.

I heard somewhere we have never played a final against each other
Pretty ripped off with just games in general

with tigs being standout all year in 2018 only to fall over in a prelim i thought 2019 wed at least get a h and a game vs them - instead we got one game near the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At best : Best player in the comp when hes on

At average: invisible when hes not

At worst : easy mark bounces off chest / plays on for no appreciable reason and blows it out of his arse

Its not like the work ethic isnt there - he was in the top 5 for km travelled.

And 10 minutes of his best can tear a game a new a-hole. Strange strange player.

It probably didn't help that he was being pushed a number of times jumping at pack marks last night.

But it worked as a decoy anyway as the player doing the pushing usually got outmarked over the back.

I heard somewhere we have never played a final against each other

They have been at the back end of useless for most of the AFL era while us Eagles are getting up towards 60 finals games.
Just the luck of the draw in recent years that we have not played in finals with the Eagles falling at the first or second finals hurdle in 2017, 2019 and in the 2020 covid cup mini carnival and we only get one match up during the regular season .

With the two contrasting styles the games between Richmond and the Eagles are good spectacle easily invested in that could be as good a rivalry as Sydney, Eagles in the mid 2000's

Last edited:
Ridiculous West Coast umpiring as usual.

We don't get the same umpiring.

As usual, never let facts get in the way of one of your woe is me/ chip on the shoulder rants

Home Free kick differential 2021
West Coast +16
Fremantle +10

Before last night Freo had a better differential at home this year. Also crickets when you had a +7 differential Vs the Swans and scraped home by 2 points I notice.

As an “outsider” supporter watching this 3 way ding dong battle on here between tigers, eagles and cats supports, I can safely say that the saltiest of all posters, BY FAR, are the cats fans.

Just nothing but snipes, trolls, taking pleasure in pain etc.
Didn’t realise or understand why this level of saltiness exists, but it’s well and truly clear it’s next level for whatever reason.
It's not a bad idea, but a typical inane response. Melbourne is a dour, drab unfulfilling place in 2021. Open your eyes or better still, open your door and have a look! The city needs to be rejuvenated and it won't happen in the next two years at least! Time for things to change and that means many of our treasured events will need to go elsewhere while that takes place! You could say these events would help the rejuvenation but are they the top priority right at this point in time? Melbourne should say "Bye Bye" to these events temporarily, but we all know it will be more permanent? Melbourne has been affected more than any other city during this pandemic. It won't return to its former glory in a hurry.

To be honest, it was lucky to be counted as a kick. Not sure if it actually hit Ryan's boot.
So maybe it should have been called a throw.
I hear that JK's going to be out for 3 weeks as a result of the operation to required to remove one of Ryan's studs that got lodged in his throat.

And that JK was awarded with the 'bootlicker of the week' award in the showers after the game.

Back