<censored>
1623621883403.png

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I've been sleeping on it and I think the players who we had on the bench during the last few minutes is an issue that needs to be brought up. It was bloody ridiculous.

Even if you have a Richmond like list can you or would you leave Dusty on the bench when the game is as tight as ours was? Note to Noble: Dusty played the whole last quarter last night.

This is a draw that was caused by the coaches.

We are getting better though.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I've been sleeping on it and I think the players who we had on the bench during the last few minutes is an issue that needs to be brought up. It was bloody ridiculous.

Even if you have a Richmond like list can you or would you leave Dusty on the bench when the game is as tight as ours was? Note to Noble: Dusty played the whole last quarter last night.

Might be linked to the fitness issues already discussed.

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Richmond lost, we didnt

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Okay, I went over the replay again.

1) The stats say we should have won this game.

2) The umpires definitely influenced the result.

3) The quick small forward (Tippa, Bolton,Papley, etc) we are missing is the circuit breaker type player we needed when GWS were pressing hard in the last quarter.

4) Our inside 50's were the best quality we have shown all year, and it's no coincidence that it resulted in our highest score. Goldstein --> Larkey, Larkey --> Zurhaar and Powell --> Goldstein being the standouts.

5) If Ben Cunnington is not in the AA squad right now, then they may as well not have an AA side.

Only saw it on TV but lots of positive signs and while the draw is disappointing there's no doubt the pieces are falling into place.

Positives
Zurhaar (I was wrong), Turner (I was wrong) Mahoney (I was wrong), Hall (I was wrong)
Cunners and Goldy - absolute beasts
TT 19 and 2 shows he is building nicely
LDU, Powell and Scott - showed more than glimpses of great potential

Negatives
How many times did we kick to the opposition?
Need a big bodied forward to help Larkey
Those f*n umpires. Seriously shithouse.

One question. Anyone know why we had armbands on today? (apologies if it's already been mentioned).
I asked that about the armbands yesterday but no one answered. Tarryn pointed to the sky after a goal and crossed his arms across his chest a couple of times and as another poster stated, it only seemed to be the indigenous players.

4) Our inside 50's were the best quality we have shown all year, and it's no coincidence that it resulted in our highest score. Goldstein --> Larkey, Larkey --> Zurhaar and Powell --> Goldstein being the standouts.
This is classic Dumont --> Garner erasure

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Perhaps if Dusty had taken a breather at some point during the last qtr, his final kick to the goal square might have cleared the line. Likewise, if Jy wasn't completely out of legs, his kick would not have gone out on the full. Swings and roundabouts.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Not only missing said small forward but also a focal point for them to calibrate around. Larkey got on the move in the last month which is brilliant, but we need now a big number one to play with him. Xerri still looks a way off, and clearly not suited to playing forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Whoah there. Simply commenting on your leaving out of Dumont's inch perfect I50 to Garns in the first quarter after some good work and yet another correct decision made by Tommy Powell

It was a good pass, sure.

Not so much of the 3D triangulation spotting up that I was pointing out with the other three. These were 9 iron approach shots.

northbergs

All Australian
Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Encouraging signs, but disappointing to lose from such a position. Even moreso, when you recognise that being a ‘young side’ doesn’t hold as an excuse with only 3 players in their first or second season.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

3) The quick small forward (Tippa, Bolton,Papley, etc) we are missing is the circuit breaker type player we needed when GWS were pressing hard in the last quarter.

5) If Ben Cunnington is not in the AA squad right now, then they may as well not have an AA side.
Interesting with your selection 5
Ben Cunnington is a great player but he plays for North so the so called AA selectors won’t even consider any North for any AA squad or AA team.
It’s just the way it is as the North Melbourne Football Club is the most dispised sporting organisation in Australia by all once people in our club realise that the better.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits

Yep, they may as well not have an AA side!

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Simpkins kick to Thomas is worth a mention also. Was the only option forward of the ball and hit that pass where TT didnt have to break stride.

I look forward to some AFL clarity on the Mimmy coat hanger today.
Seemed malicious....

Staggering non reversal. Can't stand Mumford - gets a constant free pass for stuff that would have players like Cunnington or Ziebell suspended for weeks. He's a cheap thug.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

No AA then it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back