Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems everyone has seen what Plowman does for us, in his absence. I hope the criticism he cops from our supporters generally will disappear for a while.

Can’t see the MC not giving TDK a proper rucking partner if Mummy plays. Mummy will dish out a fair few knees amongst other “tricks” to batter TDK
I guess we eagerly watch to see what happens after his high shot against Thomas (?).

That being said Matt Flynn appears to go alright as well, for someone that I’m guessing has played about 10 games now.

If SM & MF and both playing then there’s no way in hell we’re putting TDK as the #1 ruck. If it’s just MF then there’s a slight possibility.

For the rest of the year I’d like to see some selection integrity, a change up in game style, heavy focus on defensive pressure accountability, chasing and tackling ... teach it -train it -play it, hold everyone accountable... try and sort out our structures all over the ground on all lines...
OUT:
Murphy- he’s done...
Pittonett - One of a few that actually busts his gut, just very limited, I’m torn because Cas is struggling big time... actually probably stays ???
Newman - Injury looked serious, if we had a full healthy list not in my B22...
Newman - Younger blokes play before him particularly now...
Setterfield - Poor defensively refuses too seriously run & chase...
Cottrell - busts his gut, things to work on but he needs a spell..

INS:
Slim pickings with injuries, no VFL games and a few wishy washy mixed intraclub games...
From...
Plowman- slots straight into backline...
SPS- in for Murphy...
O’Brien- in for Cottrell...
Honey- if recovered & fit to go a must in...
Boyd- speed run footskills & defensive pressure, all ticks...
Parks- Can cover the oppo 3rd tall option our list seriously lacks atm...
Kemp- this kids a walk up when he is finally fit and ready to roll, no VFL has hurt, most likely not quite ready yet...
Williamson & Fogarty other options if needed...
Ramsay developing and Carroll also not looking ready atm...

For the rest of the year I’d like to see some selection integrity, a change up in game style, heavy focus on defensive pressure accountability, chasing and tackling ... teach it -train it -play it, hold everyone accountable... try and sort out our structures all over the ground on all lines...
OUT:
Murphy- he’s done...
Pittonett - One of a few that actually busts his gut, just very limited, I’m torn because Cas is struggling big time... actually probably stays ???
Newman - Injury looked serious, if we had a full healthy list not in my B22...
Newman - Younger blokes play before him particularly now...
Setterfield - Poor defensively refuses too seriously run & chase...
Cottrell - busts his gut, things to work on but he needs a spell..

INS:
Slim pickings with injuries, no VFL games and a few wishy washy mixed intraclub games...
From...
Plowman- slots straight into backline...
SPS- in for Murphy...
O’Brien- in for Cottrell...
Honey- if recovered & fit to go a must in...
Boyd- speed run footskills & defensive pressure, all ticks...
Parks- Can cover the oppo 3rd tall option our list seriously lacks atm...
Kemp- this kids a walk up when he is finally fit and ready to roll, no VFL has hurt, most likely not quite ready yet...
Williamson & Fogarty other options if needed...
Ramsay developing and Carroll also not looking ready atm...
Agree with almost all except Boyd , kemp would hold off a couple more weeks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems everyone has seen what Plowman does for us, in his absence. I hope the criticism he cops from our supporters generally will disappear for a while.
Hoping so.. :thumbsupv1:
But think supporters with a goldfish memory...
Could be reminded, Plowman is no messiah after Toby Green kicks 5 on him in the first quarter

Last edited:
A significant change to coaching, personnel and attitude has to be seen this week, the week after our review was announced. Conditional footballers and those with poor skills (or execution of those skills) can no longer be carried.

OUTS
Murphy
Setterfield
Cottrell
Newman (if injured)

* Doc and Ed on notice

INS
Plowman
Fogarty
Honey
Boyd (for Newman) - time for MC to be brave

SPS, LOB, Murphy, Setterfield are conditional footballers who have 10 weeks to change things around. I fear the game has gone past Cas.

Charlie and Kemp are three weeks away - 2 x 194cm athletic, skilful players will make a huge difference later in the year. And yes, McGovern as the 3rd/4th tall forward would actually be dangerous.

Last edited:
Would be nice if we gave ourselves a fighting chance at selection on Thursday night for a change.
We live in hope …
And if Teague actually played guys in their most dangerous position.

I think the biggest factor will be who we play in the midfield. If Dow and Setterfield are in there again then it will probably come down to how they go. If they can come close to breaking even then we should be right in the game.

I think the biggest factor will be who we play in the midfield. If Dow and Setterfield are in there again then it will probably come down to how they go. If they can come close to breaking even then we should be right in the game.
I want Dow in the square first centre bounce. Let him play on instinct, see ball get ball, distribute by hand or if he gets the fast break out of traffic running towards goals then kick it in fast.

SPS, LOB, Murphy, Setterfield are conditional footballers who have 10 weeks to change things around. I fear the game has gone past Cas.
SPS- Heath Buck was saying that he doubts that he will play another game for us and that he will be traded to a W.A. club at years end. I feel for him, I think he genuinely loves our club. Should never of been played in defence and he would have been much better suited to a role around half-forward and some mid rotations.
Setters certainly has not set the world alight. Needs to play in the guts and not on a wing. Still young and has improvement in him I hope.
LOB must play this week, I know many do not rate him at all, including Buck. However I have always held out hope that he would develop into that jet wingman that we so desperately need.
Murphy is clearly cooked and does not deserve 300 games on his current output.

I want Dow in the square first centre bounce. Let him play on instinct, see ball get ball, distribute by hand or if he gets the fast break out of traffic running towards goals then kick it in fast.
If we are playing him he has to play midfield and he certainly seemed to have a free rein last week so I think we will get to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back