Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide Power, Rd 15, Saturday June 26 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Round 14 and i still dont know if we are a top 8 side such a peculiar year for us.
It's only been a peculiar year because in most facets we have exceeded expectations.
Had this season gone like most on here expected it to, Friday night, whilst still annoying, wouldn't have been the huge surprise that it was.

I find it hard to get enthused about more players coming up from our reserves (apart from Stephens), as the VFL side just falls in a heap after half time .... every single week. Our VFL side just isn't much good.

Need genuine best XXII players (Gulden, the Chad, Reid and possibly Campbell and Melican) back ASAP.

Based on the expectations of the preseason, top 8 was pretty much a dream. And btw a mid year review thread taking about the good and bad would be nice given that we have the bye...

Expectations Of who ? We should be at least a mid table team. Plenty of players interviewed this year without directly saying it have given the impression the 8 was on the agenda. At some stage this rebuild has to dish up to more than the team building for a shot at Finals. It needs to happen and it should be the club's and it supporters expectations. The media would not know s**t from clay. Our first few weeks shocked alot of people but finishing mid table to lower 8 should not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expectations Of who ? We should be at least a mid table team. Plenty of players interviewed this year without directly saying it have given the impression the 8 was on the agenda. At some stage this rebuild has to dish up to more than the team building for a shot at Finals. It needs to happen and it should be the club's and it supporters expectations. The media would not know sh*t from clay. Our first few weeks shocked alot of people but finishing mid table to lower 8 should not.

It's not about what we expect, but what we accept.

History has shown that it's not often a team goes from bottom four to finals, even rarer for a team to go from bottom four to contender. So it's unreasonable to expect that, but reasonable to accept that that's as good as we can get in the space of a single year.

Need the call to be made on Thursday before the game at the latest. Have to cancel flights and hotels 24 hours in advance so if it's too late I'll have had to cancel anyway. 😔
I reckon we'll be good. Bit of chat about the border re-opening within days

Any swans fans meet at a pub in adelaide before? Is that a thing?

It's only been a peculiar year because in most facets we have exceeded expectations.
Had this season gone like most on here expected it to, Friday night, whilst still annoying, wouldn't have been the huge surprise that it was.
At the end of the day the teams performances have raised our expectations. Which is a good thing when looking at our initial expectations. But now that they have shown the ability to play at a high level, we have to raise our expectations and hold them to account. They've proven they're capable of it therefore anything less is not good enough, no bs excuses. We have every right to be pissed off at those particular 3 soft losses and disappointed that we're not in the top 4..

At the end of the day the teams performances have raised our expectations. Which is a good thing when looking at our initial expectations. But now that they have shown the ability to play at a high level, we have to raise our expectations and hold them to account. They've proven they're capable of it therefore anything less is not good enough, no bs excuses. We have every right to be pissed off at those particular 3 soft losses and disappointed that we're not in the top 4..
No sorry, just can't agree.
Yes they have shown they can play to the top level, but after finishing bottom four last year to expect them to play consistently to that level and expecting a top 4 finish this year is asking too much.
And yes I know Brisbane did it last year, but they had spent many more years than us rebuilding and Richmond did it in 2017 but they had underperformed for many, many years prior.
If we are still as inconsistent next year or more accurately 2023, then yep, everyone should certainly be getting pissed off, but this year I think it's great just seeing the improvement.

I think we may h up well given they only have one really good tall, and otherwise rely on good mediums. If mccartin goes to Dixon, the rampe Cunningham etc should cover the rest of the fleet quite well

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
So you don't rate Georgiades? He's more damaging than Charlie in my opinion as humble as it is. Normally Port would have two rucks playing but with the other two injured Ladhams does it all with a chop out from Charlie.

Brand would be handy because I think he plays the monsters really well. It is the really lively talls, like Cammeron, he struggles with. He does not have a huge tank. I think having him there with McCartin is a huge benefit. Rampe can now play on Rosie. I am sick of seeing Fox on much talker opponents. Our opponents are a wake up and it is no longer working. Fox should play on Fantasia or Gray.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back