Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was about to post this very point. He must have had 5-6 great inside 50s, the majority led to a score involvement. He is one player who never panics and will make the best decision 80% of the time. He is smart and gut runs all day. Yeah sure, he doesn't have any explosive pace but he has been proving that over the last five years you don't actually need that to be highly effective and just as importantly, reliable.

People talking of trading him may well rue their wishes when we are down one of the players who is the glue connecting our established mids in Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas to our emerging talent such as Powell, Scott and Mahony.

He is both under and over rated on this board. Underrated because he does keep the shape and is a reliable player. Overrated because we think there aren’t a dozens of players around the league that do the same the exact same thing. It is just he plays for a club that lacks any options.

Happy to keep him, happy to move him. If we can’t teach other players what he offers we have some coaching issues

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At least Barry Hall would go toe to toe with anyone he sniped. Mumford chooses his targets wisely which is absolutely pathetic.
As I said before he is a coward.

Was about to post this very point. He must have had 5-6 great inside 50s, the majority led to a score involvement. He is one player who never panics and will make the best decision 80% of the time. He is smart and gut runs all day. Yeah sure, he doesn't have any explosive pace but he has been proving that over the last five years you don't actually need that to be highly effective and just as importantly, reliable.

People talking of trading him may well rue their wishes when we are down one of the players who is the glue connecting our established mids in Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas to our emerging talent such as Powell, Scott and Mahony.

Dumont is a good footballer. He is not a great footballer though. He drives between the lanes, he is a reliable footballer and that is better than having an unreliable footballer but is probably a bit soft on the scoreboard damage numbers. Most of the contenders and particularly all of the premiership teams have had at least one damaging wingman. If you would swap say Dumont with Kelly then it would have been a comfortable victory for us imo.

I'd like to see Dumont stay with us and us have success but if it comes down to Dumont stays or we have success then I choose success.

I don't necessarily think it needs to be either or but if our long-term core midfield group is Phillips + LDU + Powell then where does Simpkin and Thomas play? If we also get Horne this year and the long-term core midfield is Phillips + LDU + Horne and Powell goes to one wing then again it becomes a cascading problem, a good one to have if you keep getting elite players but is it the best thing for someone who is 25 going on 26 to get two years and towards the end of that two years he is squeezed out of that team and his career is over because he is now 28 years old and has played a fringe role for the last year or so? It may not be the best thing for Dumont if he remains if he can alternatively find another club that can give him 3-4 years.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
My internet dropped out with about 1.5 minutes left and I through a hissy fit (which was pretty shameful) then it kicked back in and it was a draw. Shithouse
I have Kayo and Broadband and mine drops out as well. I'm ringing Telstra on Tuesday.

I cannot get the 15 second advance to work properly

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have Kayo and Broadband and mine drops out as well. I'm ringing Telstra on Tuesday.

You have a function that can move forward in time?

I'll get a high speed computer together and we'll clean out the sports betting agencies. :thumbsu:

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Dumont is a good footballer. He is not a great footballer though. He drives between the lanes, he is a reliable footballer and that is better than having an unreliable footballer but is probably a bit soft on the scoreboard damage numbers.

This is very well written. The sort of images that someone like Gideon Haigh would employ

I don't have drop outs on my computer with Kayo but my TV is a long way from the router and there are a few walls in between so that Samsung tv with the kayo app built in drops and buffers a lot. I should get cables run through the walls so I don't have to rely on wifi for anything.

It’s hard to find reason to knock Ben Cunnington, I know. However, at a crucial stage in the last quarter, he appeared to get a rush of blood to his head for the only time in his career. He was charging towards our forward 50 and, inexplicably, kicked it over our forwards’ heads.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Imagine if Lindsay Thomas did what cokie boy did yesterday, the league would have hung drawn and quartered him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
his head would be on a pike outside AFL house. can’t believe how the “mummy being mummy” excuse has somehow sublimated it’s way to the umpires

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GWS by zero points

36A154F0-ADE4-4EB0-BC8D-8565BC9B6DF4.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Shinboner 'til I die
Sep 8, 2013
Terra Australis
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bengals, Lakers, Renegades, The Milk
Yes the chumpires really cost us the game more blatantly than any game I can recall in recent memory, but I can't help but think at 3qtr time Nobes really needed to make it amply clear to the lads that Nick Haynes is not a North player in a hi-vis vest :unamused:

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
mightn't have been a win but thats seriously some of the most sexy footy we've played in years

Imagine what it will look like in 3 years with:

- Strong development of elite draftees
- Multiple high standard preseasons
- Compelte understanding & trust in the process (game plan, roles etc.)

Imagine what it will look like in 3 years with:

- Strong development of elite draftees
- Multiple high standard preseasons
- Compelte understanding & trust in the process (game plan, roles etc.)
Preseason fitness too.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I don't have drop outs on my computer with Kayo but my TV is a long way from the router and there are a few walls in between so that Samsung tv with the kayo app built in drops and buffers a lot. I should get cables run through the walls so I don't have to rely on wifi for anything.
Get those wifi extenders

Back