Preview Round 14, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Brisbane @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 19 June @ 16:35

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind them playing at Hobart as long as one of the other Tassie games is switched back to Melbourne.

Otherwise Melbourne members are continually being screwed over.

It ******* better come back.

theres 2 tasi games besides this one. think it'd be smart to move the one later in the year vs geelong to marvel, especailly considering it might even get a good crowd compared to vs gold coast

theres 2 tasi games besides this one. think it'd be smart to move the one later in the year vs geelong to marvel, especailly considering it might even get a good crowd compared to vs gold coast
That would be the perfect compromise, but I have a feeling the club might try and make some extra bucks with an additional game in Hobart.

If they do they can jam the extra money I am paying for a premium membership.

That would be the perfect compromise, but I have a feeling the club might try and make some extra bucks with an additional game in Hobart.

If they do they can jam the extra money I am paying for a premium membership.

Hey, you might get a free fridge magnet next year as a thank you.

Hey, you might get a free fridge magnet next year as a thank you.
They still haven’t sent me the scarf they promised to send me at the start of the season. Which I am not worried about, it’s more about don’t say you are going to do something and then don’t.

I consider that membership is partly a donation, but it seems lately that Melbourne members are being taken more for granted. I get the club is trying to keep its head above water, but they also need to realise that there is only so much members will take before they start voting with their wallets.

They still haven’t sent me the scarf they promised to send me at the start of the season. Which I am not worried about, it’s more about don’t say you are going to do something and then don’t.

I consider that membership is partly a donation, but it seems lately that Melbourne members are being taken more for granted. I get the club is trying to keep its head above water, but they also need to realise that there is only so much members will take before they start voting with their wallets.

Long term members are absolutely taken for granted.

It’s all about luring the fence-sitters.

The ‘full membership for the price of a three game’ is my personal favourite.

No you can have the Gold Coast game, can't wait for the Geelong game.

Are people from Melbourne allowed in for this game?.... because I have a friend that would love to come.

Bet the AFL and North Melbourne get told to play Geelong in Tasmania by the State Government as I think they want a big drawing Victorian team or no $$$$ for North and the Suns game will be in Melbourne.
Also that Fu#kin Moll Wilson just said that Tasmania will hope for Hawthorn vs the Drug Club to get a crowd on Sunday.
Watch the papers in Tasmania get behind the Hawthorn vs Drug Club game big time and North get jack s**t promotion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet the AFL and North Melbourne get told to play Geelong in Tasmania by the State Government as I think they want a big drawing Victorian team or no $$$$ for North and the Suns game will be in Melbourne.
Also that Fu#kin Moll Wilson just said that Tasmania will hope for Hawthorn vs the Drug Club to get a crowd on Sunday.
Watch the papers in Tasmania get behind the Hawthorn vs Drug Club game big time and North get jack sh*t promotion.
Yes well I think it is fair we get one good game considering the millions Tasmania pays North.

Yes well I think it is fair we get one good game considering the millions Tasmania pays North.
Yes, that's right just like the people who come from the mainland to support their team plus spend their hard earn $$$$
so it a win-win for the State Government and North

Long term members are absolutely taken for granted.

It’s all about luring the fence-sitters.

The ‘full membership for the price of a three game’ is my personal favourite.
our memberships prices are apparently the highest in the afl. what gets me is that when we began playing in tasi they didnt change membership prices even though some members were paying for a reserved seat. I had at one stage 14-16 melbourne games, 11 home games with reserved seat at marvel. yet when they did the deai for tasi didnt change this, and yet if you go to tasi with this home game membership you dont even get a seat you have to pay extra otherwise its general admission standing room. As said defs take the long term members for granted

our memberships prices are apparently the highest in the afl. what gets me is that when we began playing in tasi they didnt change membership prices even though some members were paying for a reserved seat. I had at one stage 14-16 melbourne games, 11 home games with reserved seat at marvel. yet when they did the deai for tasi didnt change this, and yet if you go to tasi with this home game membership you dont even get a seat you have to pay extra otherwise its general admission standing room. As said defs take the long term members for granted

Yep. Paying $635 a year for 7 games is an abomination when compared with a club like *.

Their 11 game Level 2 reserve seats are $790.

We’re paying $90 a game. They’re paying $72.

It’s a joke.

I have no issue supporting the club, but every now and then it would be nice if they actually thought about the long term members who turn up and vote with their wallets.

I get the economics of the Tassie deal, but there needs to be a balance. Start alienating your core members at your peril.

Hmm. Of the options... Marvel (no crowds), Gabba, Neutral (NSW) or Hobart...

The ground we play the best at & the one that we benefit from financially = absolute no brainer.

I have no issue supporting the club, but every now and then it would be nice if they actually thought about the long term members who turn up and vote with their wallets.

I get the economics of the Tassie deal, but there needs to be a balance. Start alienating your core members at your peril.
I'm a little lost, hasn't the AFL moved this, not North?

I'm a little lost, hasn't the AFL moved this, not North?

Clubs don't decide where games will be played. They can make a request for a venue change and they can ascertain venue availability and sponsorship opportunities and they can possibly even make preliminary arrangements pending official approval, but it's always the AFL that decides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back