Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I will double down
He is selfish and should never play for stkilda again. He is an example of why we are where we are. List clogger who we should have made a call on two years ago.

ffs
This board has been set up for supporters of the St Kilda FC. Please refrain from excessive or exaggerated criticism of St Kilda players, club personnel or the St Kilda FC itself. This board has a variety supporters who all hold individual views on how important or talented our players are. Posters have been known to exaggerate to stress their point. It is a common practice that will no longer be tolerated. We will edit or delete posts describing players as "useless" or "talentless" or any other exaggerated negative criticism. Similarly do not use excessive criticisms of club personnel (such as a coach or board member) or imply corruption or incompetence without significant proof. Do not unduly criticise the club. These actions can be hurtful to the individual involved or family members / friends thereof. Further they can result in legal action by the slandered person. Repeat offenders risk being permanently excluded from this board. Reasonable criticism is perfectly OK - especially when made in an immediate post match context.

Completely agree with you.
He is a huge talent. I would love to see him as part of a west coast eagles zone defence where he can fly for intercept marks.
Didn’t he and Clark just sign on for two years

Obviously really struggling when you find the only clip of anyone I’ve heard wanting a suspension. I could be as weak as you on your opinion that I could show 20 who say he shouldn’t get suspended but I’m confident in my own knowledge that he was playing the ball. What’s your reasoning why so many think he is playing the ball and please don’t give me crap these guys are living in the 80’s because I can assure you they want suspensions for bumps that hurt players.
I don’t care for Kings opinion. The video was to show you the wide angle of McKay’s starting point.

the issue with this entire play is that he comes from a position that is so far back he isn’t winning the football.

he doesn’t deviate his course when he is half way through his run. He accelerates and goes for the body.

people can say he went for the ball. The footage shows he was never going to get to it first. So why has he committed to contact at that speed and why isn’t that contact a tackle?

Billings currently on 750k. Both are sh*t decisions.
So if north or Hawks offer enough for band one we also clear 750k of cap space ? Could have an early draft pick and have cap space for an established player

Less because they all lost 7% and it’s guess work anyway. Media people have good contacts but in the end it’s a bit of a guess. Until they publish wages which they shouldn’t it’s always going to be an educated guess.
Which means Hill is also on less but they are still just as far apart as they were before the 7% which is the point of the discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if north or Hawks offer enough for band one we also clear 750k of cap space ? Could have an early draft pick and have cap space for an established player
Yes but the cap space would need to be used in 2022. So effectively.

22 + 23 first rounders for king.
Cap space for a free agent.

Pick 8 in the draft 47 games
2020 Best emerging player
2020 AFL players Association 22 under 22
2020 5th in the B&F
Club should give it away if they get rid of him
Maybe look at better development management at the club
OK - then its one of Coff or Highmore playing at Sandy and no extra draft picks.

Perhaps we could trade Highmore for Pick 45 instead.

Obviously really struggling when you find the only clip of anyone I’ve heard wanting a suspension. I could be as weak as you on your opinion that I could show 20 who say he shouldn’t get suspended but I’m confident in my own knowledge that he was playing the ball. What’s your reasoning why so many think he is playing the ball and please don’t give me crap these guys are living in the 80’s because I can assure you they want suspensions for bumps that hurt players.

but I’m confident in my own knowledge that he was playing the ball.
Wow, this stuff has moved from analysis to speculation to utter fantasy. It doesn't matter because the inevitable is happening and the game will move on and in only a couple of years we'll look back to this as the time that type of play became prohibited. I sincerely hope that Hunter Clark will still be playing football.

For me the collision was a free kick and that's it. I don't reckon he lined him up.
It’s not based on intent.

it’s the action and the wide angle shows just how far back he comes from whilst the ball runs away from him.

he doesn’t slow down, he doesn’t tackle. He makes contact with Clark’s body. That is dangerous and from that far back the duty in care should 1000000000% be on Mackay to not cause serious injury

Yet he was always going for the ball. He wasn’t going in to the contest to run into the player. It was a simple football contest as nearly everyone in the media keep saying. Are they all wrong. And most who are saying it are advocates of the damage a bump does should mean suspension at the tribunal.
Incorrect, he wasn't ALWAYS going for the ball.
He was, until his last step.
In that split millisecond he changes from just going the ball to bracing for contact.
That changed everything. Both for McKay and Hunter.

Wow, this stuff has moved from analysis to speculation to utter fantasy. It doesn't matter because the inevitable is happening and the game will move on and in only a couple of years we'll look back to this as the time that type of play became prohibited. I sincerely hope that Hunter Clark will still be playing football.
He has a broken jaw. Why wouldn’t he? It’s emotive though. Doubt we will ever stop 2 players going for ball. Well we can certainly hope not.

OK - then its one of Coff or Highmore playing at Sandy and no extra draft picks.

There is no reason you can't play both players. Ill hazard a guess and say that all 3 of Wilkie, coffield and highmore will play together more often than not. I think coffield will be the more attacking of the 3, reckon that's why he was made to stand Brodie Smith on the weekend. To see how he went about it, because he can be the same. Fleet footed with a booming, pinpoint accurate kick.

Trading out a pick 8 20 year old to get a good draft pick doesn’t make much sense to me . Highmore has played 4 games and one good one and we should get rid of Coff

There is no reason you can't play both players. Ill hazard a guess and say that all 3 of Wilkie, coffield and highmore will play together more often than not. I think coffield will be the more attacking of the 3, reckon that's why he was made to stand Brodie Smith on the weekend. To see how he went about it, because he can be the same. Fleet footed with a booming, pinpoint accurate kick.
He certainly has gotten further forward in recent weeks. Maybe you are right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back