Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not the media or supporters responsible for moving him on. The man we were all so glad to have poached from Hawthorn, Graham Wright, and no doubt other officials at the club made the decision that this would be Buck's last season. Supposedly many of the players had become jaded with the defensive game style, and several ex players also stated a belief that a change in coach was required. Bigfooty and the media did not push him out. In fact, many media personnel thought he should be given an extension. For right or wrong, he is gone now.
sauce?

Pre hard to play with aggression and flair when there’s 8-12 kids running around with less than 50 games working on a new game plan. I can’t think of a single team who has played most of the time with aggression and flair whilst blooding so many young players.

It takes time, and this is exactly the impatience OP is describing.
Ridiculous. You mean we had to play grinding, mind numbing , defensive footy till round 12 and then the young kids were ready to play with more aggression and instinct?
Adelaide and North have even younger lists and they play a far more attacking game. Clearly their coaches haven't read the manual.

Well it certainly wasn't there for three quarters today. I'd expect more from one of our leaders and allegedly one of our best players.

Didn't have his best game but played his role. Significantly had 5 clearances.

I know plenty about the game champ, including that hitout numbers alone aren't everything. He played well but overall Gawn still won the contest, I doubt any recruiters are fapping over him just yet over 1 decent performance. He's certainly not anywhere near competing for Grundy's spot.

I think the reaction to your post says you have made the wrong call on this issue.
And as another poster suggested, the head to head hitouts were even more in Lynch’s favour, as Gawn numbers were inflated by his clear dominance over Cameron.
If you don’t think that Lynch is now on the radar of other clubs, then you are kidding yourself.

I was watching Bucks on the telecast after the game, and he seemed to spend a long time just watching the boys celebrate, looking at the crowd cheering with joy, just drinking in the moment as if he wanted to remember it always.

Nothing is always fair, in life or footy, but i'm so glad you got the Disney ending today, Bucks. You are a Pies legend, and we thank you man for all the blood, sweat and tears.

Good luck in the future with whatever you do.... just don't freakin coach Carlton.

The internet
Media. It was widely reported that Buck's coaching reverted to his pre 2018 style during the hub experience last year. Do you seriously believe that Bucks would have been required to relinquish the coaching position if he or his game plan had the full support of players? What is your interpretation of the events that transpired? Why do you think he was told his contract would not be renewed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The midfield was a key component to the victory. Pendles played his best game of the season and the way we nullified the influence of Oliver and Petracca was outstanding.

Lynch was the biggest surprise of the day. Competed really well against Gawn.

Melbourne's tackling pressure (43 tackles) was down compared to their usual average (62 tackles). In contrast, our tackling was around our average which demonstrates that if pressure drops off, a team can look weak.

Cameron and Mihocek both did well up forward after a few quiet weeks. I've been adamant that Cameron has a bright future ahead of him and we need to keep playing him ahead of Cox who's more than likely departing at seasons end.

Defence held up well again. Plenty of intercept marks from Moore and Roughead.

Very happy that Buckley ended his coaching tenure on a high.

It's the first time Pendles has played on ball for a month. I think we should leave him in there. Our backline is exceptional. A midfield of Grundy, Pendles, Adams, Crisp, De Goey and Daicos will trouble teams. We then just need to focus on our forward line. If we keep that manic pressure plus ball movement I think it'll have an honest chance.

Well just finished watching replay. Loved Quaynor's game.

I felt that Quaynor, Maynard, De Goey, Pendles, Lynch and Crisp really played out of their skins. Above and beyond.

Best game I’ve seen from WHE and JT for some time. Clearly that wing position suits WHE, hopefully Harvey keeps him there. Great win, loved the hunt and dare. The kids that played today have a very bright future.

Rare for a coach to be gone when they hadn’t lost the players.

I think the Geelong game was the catalyst for the club to make the change.

It was time for a change but there’s only a couple people who will be better a better coach than Bucks start of next year.

The thing that has changed with Collingwood the last couple of weeks isn’t the ending of the coach.
Its the addition of one player.
One player in the forward line.
One player that has enabled DeGoey to be released from the forward line.
One player who adds considerable fear into defenders.
One player who’s second and third efforts are second to none.
I won’t name the player because you should all know who the hell it is.
Yes he has made an amazing difference. one of best leading forwards in the league, not only that but now is an excellent midfielder too and was rotated v well. Hopefully body holds up, this must be one of his longest runs without a long term injury ever.

Yes he has made an amazing difference. one of best leading forwards in the league, not only that but now is an excellent midfielder too and was rotated v well. Hopefully body holds up, this must be one of his longest runs without a long term injury ever.
Quick thinker and good hands as well.

[]
I was watching Bucks on the telecast after the game, and he seemed to spend a long time just watching the boys celebrate, looking at the crowd cheering with joy, just drinking in the moment as if he wanted to remember it always.

Nothing is always fair, in life or footy, but i'm so glad you got the Disney ending today, Bucks. You are a Pies legend, and we thank you man for all the blood, sweat and tears.

Good luck in the future with whatever you do.... just don't freakin coach Carlton.

Exactly right.

Don't worry.
Not a chance we would take him.
Collingwood ppl at Carlton = fail. (Barring maybe Heath Scotland)

And yet was unable to teach that to his charges.
Seriously, teach players to be as good a kick as he was? Improve a few, take better options sure.
About as probable as half the list putting on 5 cm in the off season.
Fanciful.
Not sure Leon Cameron is spending too many of his player contact hours teaching his charges to kick with the opposite foot.

I can see Buckley coaching a Gold Coast or GWS in 2-3 years time.

For now, I think he'll rest up and then go into the media for the next 12-18 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back