Opinion AFL Round 13 - Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

3C69F2E9-1AC4-49EC-83AA-9AAF01CA6448.jpeg

Liked - Seeing so many Fight MND beanies at all the games. Neale Daniher receiving an Order of Australia. I just like everything about Neale Daniher :)
Learnt - This season is still full of surprises and hard to tip. JJK is still the man.
Hated - Bucks having his last game at the SCG in front of a small crowd.

Smedts_2

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Liked:
- Bucks getting a win for his last
- JJK turning back the clock
- Cats getting the win

Learned:
- I may have gone too early in anointing Melbourne the premiers elect.
- It's time for Hinkley to go.
- Tom Barrass is one hell of a contested mark.

Hated:
- Scheduling. Why have a Thursday night game in a bye round... Saturday was the worst footy line up I remember.
- Razor. Just a clown - he thinks he's bigger than the game and his post-Papley petulance proved that his time is up.
- Geelong continues to pick players on reputation with pretty shitty consequences for our young guys coming up. Sadly, if I was Narkle, Clark or Constable I'd be looking elsewhere for 2022.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Liked: Riley Thilthorpe getting the nod for Rising star this week - kid is going to be a superstar
Learnt: Collingwood are not a bad side
Hated: The AFL having NFI on McKay's legitimate contest with Clark who ended up with a broken jaw, not filing any charge under MRP and still sending it to the tribunal. You really could not make this 5h1t up

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Liked : Beating the nobodies in Adelaide

Learnt: It ain't over until the fat lady sings and she has a faulty tape measure!

Hated: The Victorian government handling of Covid and the madness of re-located games with no crowds in Geelong! It's utterly insane

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Liked: pies turning up for bucks - guy has been shafted for something that wasnt his mistake

Learnt : more a suspect, melbourne are still fragile - someone gets a run on them come finals time and they will turn to water. Tanking is the worst thing you can do as a footy club. Culture beats 10 first picks in the draft.

Hated : same old gripe - more subjective rules in the afl every single year means more chances for umps to get it wrong. Every single year.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Liked: Tarryn Thomas. Low key having a great year

Learnt: Demons should still win the flag with their injury list but the soft lazy underbelly Melbourne fans have been assuring us doesn't exist any more is still definitely there

Hated: Bucks getting pushed out

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Liked: Hawks once again beating the Swans at the SCG.

Learned: MRO and Hocking do not review games but solely rely on the media. 2 identical tackles in the Hawks vs Swans game and only one of them investigated because it was highlighted by the media.

Hated: Timing of games. The Bye rounds create huge gaps in timing. Have a single week off if the rest is actually needed. Schedule fun events for Fri and Sat nights.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Hated: Timing of games. The Bye rounds create huge gaps in timing. Have a single week off if the rest is actually needed. Schedule fun events for Fri and Sat nights.
Honestly they should just do rolling byes. 2 teams at a time or something.

Also when you go from 9 games to 6, having a Thursday night game makes it worse, not better. You need them when there's 9 games on to reduce the overlap. You can play 6 games no overlap without Thursday night.

The old man

Debutant
Apr 20, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, QPR, Buffalo Bills
Liked: Getting a win over the tigers...Buckley's win. Ball bounces differently in 2018 he's a premiership coach.
Learnt: Whately has the blinkers on. Guy just annoys me..
Hated: The general footy press. So many experts who generate negatives....then feed off it

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Liked: Winning without Fyfey in the team
Learned: That Sean Darcy will be the number one ruckman in the competition in the future
Hated: The roulette spin that is umpiring decisions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back