Oppo Camp Deathriding Dogs, Freo and Crows - Daicos points.

Remove this Banner Ad

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
It’s the shoulder that had previously been reconstructed, so it may be lax and able to dislocate/be relocated without the damage you would expect on a first-time dislocation. Pure speculation, mind you.

I think I read somewhere read that he had an open latarjet procedure for that first reconstruction and that he was lucky to avoid further damage this time, which can apparently happen if the shoulder pops out the back. I'm sure you'd have more awareness of the risks in that situation than I would, just recounting what I'd read somewhere regarding Fyfe's shoulder and his previous reco.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
with the discount.
Pick 1: 2,400
Pick 2: 2,014

Currently have enough points to match a bid for Daicos at pick 4 and we'll lose Dib.

We really, REALLY need a few other kids (including at least one rolled gold KPF and at least one prolific / influential bigger bodied midfielder) to push up into those top 2-3 draft positions, so that North and Hawthorn can get the type of kids they really need without bidding early on Daicos.

If we could get Nick in at pick 5 that would be about as good as we could expect I reckon.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Currently have enough points to match a bid for Daicos at pick 4 and we'll lose Dib.

We really, REALLY need a few other kids (including at least one rolled gold KPF and at least one prolific / influential bigger bodied midfielder) to push up into those top 2-3 draft positions, so that North and Hawthorn can get the type of kids they really need without bidding early on Daicos.

If we could get Nick in at pick 5 that would be about as good as we could expect I reckon.

We can use our 2022 3rd or 4th pick for Dib if we need to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really enjoying this game of us having traded away our high draft picks this season, and instead holding the picks of other teams.

It removes any temptation to tank (IMO tanking doesn’t work, it kills culture).

It removes any arguments about whether winning or losing games of footy is the right thing to be striving for.

I’d like to see us make a habit of this. Maybe at the end of this season we can swap 2022 first round picks with Carlton. Spice things up between our clubs a bit.

Might make an interesting new draft rule: clubs are not allowed to spend their own picks at the draft.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
why pick 3? If Hawks are pick 2, surely they will bid.
Right now I think they’ll go for Sonsie. Was very good for Box Hill recently.
No benefit to bid on Daicos given the Pies’ lack of high picks, particularly if we pick up another 3rd rounder. Daicos will be bid on but I think the Hawks (or Gold Coast) will leave it to the club at pick 3 to do it.

I could be totally wrong of course. But that’s how I think it will play out.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox

Everyone knows that we’ll bid on Daicos wherever that bid comes. So North either do an Adelaide and screw us, or they pick the player they get anyway at number 1 and give their own the accolade that comes with it (along with the NAB $10K bonus).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back