Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Tomorrow I find out my fate. Those that judge will pass judgment, good Lord.
And there is the thorn in your foot. You'll be right mate, another door opens tomorrow, whatever the outcome. You'll either say f@ck, f@ck, f@ckity f@ck, or have a beer and say thank f@ck for that. All of my favourite numbers tomorrow, fwiw 6 11 and 21

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And there is the thorn in your foot. You'll be right mate, another door opens tomorrow, whatever the outcome. You'll either say f@ck, f@ck, f@ckity f@ck, or have a beer and say thank f@ck for that. All of my favourite numbers tomorrow, fwiw 6 11 and 21

Thanks man, yes it is. It's cost me plenty. I have had two years of hell, one disaster after another.
I.Have.Had.Enough.

But how exciting is it that I've opened up about tomorrow being the verdict. You can all be involved lol

Oh I'll probably publish the report on here.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I hope you're out celebrating The acurate one

Right so the report landed today, all the " sexual harassment " has been removed, doesn't get a mention other than to state it didn't happen. have mixed feelings about that tbh.

* Said it would be good for your career to come have a coffee with me- gone
* Walk into the gardens- gone
* Steps were put in place to stop my behaviours-gone
* Taking work of the complainant because she wouldn't date me- gone
* drinks after work offer- gone
* Looking at her backside- gone
* Sexual gesture- gone

The whole bloody case was built on sexual harassment, i wouldn't do it or did do it. But what they just go , "ok" ? Move on, sheesh I'd have thought you can't go around saying shite about people.

Anyways they've run with....

* Unwanted conversation and sharing of private information, which fyi wasn't sexual based nor was it unwanted
* asking her to dinner- wtf! - She offered and yeah I said ok, noting nothing happened and was the worst dinner I'd ever been on.
* Asking her for coffee- lol

So 50 odd thou later ( work paid), I find out late next week if there's further action to be taken. Word on the street is the decision makers don't think there's anything to it.

So it comes down to me to decide whether I suck it up, continue in a well paid job that allows ridiculous flexibility as in whether I do anything lol. Or I release the hounds from hell.

I will ponder over the weekend.

Thanks all , a bit anticlimactic I Must admit and i'd jumped the gun and got my own ankle monitor, cause that's what us sex offenders do.

Right so the report landed today, all the " sexual harassment " has been removed, doesn't get a mention other than to state it didn't happen. have mixed feelings about that tbh.

* Sexual gesture- gone

The whole bloody case was built on sexual harassment, i wouldn't do it or did do it. But what they just go , "ok" ? Move on, sheesh I'd have thought you can't go around saying sh*te about people.

* Unwanted conversation and sharing of private information, which fyi wasn't sexual based nor was it unwanted
* asking her to dinner- wtf! - She offered and yeah I said ok, noting nothing happened and was the worst dinner I'd ever been on.

So 50 odd thou later ( work paid), I find out late next week if there's further action to be taken. Word on the street is the decision makers don't think there's anything to it.

So it comes down to me to decide whether I suck it up, continue in a well paid job that allows ridiculous flexibility as in whether I do anything lol. Or I release the hounds from hell.

Thanks all , a bit anticlimactic I Must admit and i'd jumped the gun and got my own ankle monitor, cause that's what us sex offenders do.
Well yep, kinda weird feeling when "winning" gets you back to an even keel. I remember having a beer after a similar, but entirely different day. Nicest bloody beer I had ever had. Sat at the bar at about 4pm, not crying, just tearing and enjoying the beer. Barkeep asked if I was ok, told him it was the best beer I had ever had. He told me it was just Carlton Draught. Hipster.

Anyway, you could send her the ankle monitor as an ear ring, suggesting her ankles ..... never mind 🙃

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well yep, kinda weird feeling when "winning" gets you back to an even keel. I remember having a beer after a similar, but entirely different day. Nicest bloody beer I had ever had. Sat at the bar at about 4pm, not crying, just tearing and enjoying the beer. Barkeep asked if I was ok, told him it was the best beer I had ever had. He told me it was just Carlton Draught. Hipster.

Anyway, you could send her the ankle monitor as an ear ring, suggesting her ankles ..... never mind 🙃

Just to show I was ready to roll had it turned out different.
1623406537275.png

LOl glad you understand it, kind of a hollow victory tbh. Although my anxiety has definitely come down a few notches, and those that I care about know this is total shite.

yeah I've just had battle after battle, but sheesh this on top of everything else makes COVID look like the walk in the park that it is. Cannot see you as a " Hipster"

Just to show I was ready to roll had it turned out different.
View attachment 1152704
LOl glad you understand it, kind of a hollow victory tbh. Although my anxiety has definitely come down a few notches, and those that I care about know this is total sh*te.

yeah I've just had battle after battle, but sheesh this on top of everything else makes COVID look like the walk in the park that it is. Cannot see you as a " Hipster"
Hahaha nah, can't grow a beard, saved me hours during my military lifetime though. The barkeep was a hipster, still is.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

* Sexual gesture- gone

The whole bloody case was built on sexual harassment, i wouldn't do it or did do it. But what they just go , "ok" ? Move on, sheesh I'd have thought you can't go around saying sh*te about people.

190FA366-AC74-4FC8-8404-D0918F327123.jpeg

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Ha easier said than done, I do though have 900 odd hours of sick leave accumulated. Do I feel like taking on another fight. It seems I've spent the last two plus years fighting. I think I'd be better off sucking it up and looking at a redundancy in the near future. The Vic gov that I think should be hung from the town square could work in my favour. The University sector is still struggling and more redundancies are mooted.

Saw a job near enough to Hervey bay paying 165K and totally in my wheelhouse. I do like the sun , not so much toads, but yeah we've plenty of those in Vic anyways.

Well I'll find out my fate shortly. The world so needs to have a good look at itself. Sooner the better. I mean imagine the fishing, living in place of 50,000 people, imagine the single women when new blood arrives at the door... lol

Ha easier said than done, I do though have 900 odd hours of sick leave accumulated. Do I feel like taking on another fight. It seems I've spent the last two plus years fighting. I think I'd be better off sucking it up and looking at a redundancy in the near future. The Vic gov that I think should be hung from the town square could work in my favour. The University sector is still struggling and more redundancies are mooted.

Saw a job near enough to Hervey bay paying 165K and totally in my wheelhouse. I do like the sun , not so much toads, but yeah we've plenty of those in Vic anyways.

Well I'll find out my fate shortly. The world so needs to have a good look at itself. Sooner the better. I mean imagine the fishing, living in place of 50,000 people, imagine the single women when new blood arrives at the door... lol

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Opportunity presents T.A.O. grab it with two hands mate 🤣

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Go for the Hervey Bay job and relax man. Vengeance can become consuming.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hervey Bay is beautiful and the climate is perfect.
still, it is known as god’s waiting room.
and most of those waiting are women, so yes, plenty of single women!

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hervey Bay is beautiful and the climate is perfect.
still, it is known as god’s waiting room.
and most of those waiting are women, so yes, plenty of single women!

s**t, I've fairly high standards, which in part is why I'm offended with the accusations. Oh I have never ever said i wasn't shallow.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been debating as to weather or not I should share this, but * it, I will.

Due to my panic disorder I was prescribed Xanax and other benzos, SSRI’s. It’s been about 6 years now and what started as .5mg of Xanax a day is now 4mg because of the tolerance buildup. Sometimes I take twice the prescribed amount. I went to a new psychiatrist who told me that he’s never seen anyone get better using those meds and eventually leads to respiratory failure with such high doses.

I have tried to go off cold turkey a few times, lasted about 3 and a bit weeks the last time but going off Xanax like that is potentially life threatening. Alcohol and benzo withdrawal are the only two that can kill you.

So, as of Monday I’ll be going into hospital to get off it safely. I just got the call from the hospital confirming that they have a spot for me. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks.

Feeling pretty positive about it but also worried that I’ll go back to what I was like before taking the meds. It sucks that something that gave me my life back won’t be available to me anymore. I have no idea what to expect.

Last edited:
Been debating as to weather or not I should share this, but fu** it, I will.

Due to my panic disorder I was prescribed Xanax and other benzos, SSRI’s. It’s been about 6 years now and what started as .5mg of Xanax a day is now 4mg because of the tolerance buildup. Sometimes I take twice the prescribed amount. I went to a new psychiatrist who told me that he’s never seen anyone get better using those meds and eventually leads to respiratory failure with such high doses.

I have tried to go off cold turkey a few times, lasted about 3 and a bit weeks the last time but going off Xanax like that is potentially life threatening. Alcohol and benzo withdrawal are the only two that can kill you.

So, as of Monday I’ll be going into hospital to get off it safely. I just got the call from the hospital confirming that they have a spot for me. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks.

Feeling pretty positive about it but also worried that I’ll go back to what I was like before taking the meds. It sucks that something that gave me my life back won’t be available to me anymore. I have no idea what to expect.

Stay positive mate, have they given you a plan of attack once out of hospital?

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Good luck bro, you can beat this thing

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Best place to do it Val. Best of luck and keep posting ( enjoy it 👍 )

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Best place to do it Val. Best of luck and keep posting ( enjoy it 👍 )
Certainly is. My best mate has been hospitalised in a closed ward a couple of times after having his medication get the better of him (once for a psychotic break and another time simply because his dosage had gotten out of control due to tolerance), and the tools at their disposal are a far cry better than just trying to struggle through while going cold turkey, or even just trying to ween yourself off slowly, at home. That's even before factoring in having immediate care if something goes wrong, which is reasonably likely to happen with this kind of thing.

Best of luck to you, Val.

Certainly is. My best mate has been hospitalised in a closed ward a couple of times after having his medication get the better of him (once for a psychotic break and another time simply because his dosage had gotten out of control due to tolerance), and the tools at their disposal are a far cry better than just trying to struggle through while going cold turkey, or even just trying to ween yourself off slowly, at home. That's even before factoring in having immediate care if something goes wrong, which is reasonably likely to happen with this kind of thing.

Best of luck to you, Val.
Could not agree more. I've had friends and family go through the same experience, and the ability to accelerate and monitor the change from one medication to the next is far greater, and safer, in hospital.

Back