Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 15 vs. Fremantle, MRVL 26/06 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I'm totally confused about the rules after watching yesterday's game.
The Crisp tackle was a sling and so I understand it being paid. The Maynard tackle was just a good solid tackle. I'd put that down as an umpiring mistake. Ditto the free against Maynard for attacking the ball. That was just good tough play. That free was also an error in my book; there was no injury concern. As for DeGoey's shoulder, surely that can't be sanctioned. I know the AFL is paranoid over head injuries and concussions, but yesterday looked as if we're heading into a no contact game. No hard tackles, no hard attack on the ball and no bumps.
The game has become a joke. If the AFL were that concerned and serious then as a Duty of Care they would make all players wear atleast light weight helmets. Westcoast the other night were gifted a goal when Oscar Allen was caught holding the ball, turned sideways with momentum and then awarded a kick for a dangerous tackle. Fortunately it was the Tigers but it did cost them the win.

Yesterday you could see and hear the frustration from our players when some of these Sh?t decisions got called by the scumps and we were lucky to hang on. Our Game is totally un-umpireable (if thats a word). Some of these umps aren't up to the job and it's made even harder when the rules keep getting tweaked on a game by game basis.

I find WWF more realistic than the rubbish that's being staged and scripted out on the field.

The game has become a joke. If the AFL were that concerned and serious then as a Duty of Care they would make all players wear atleast light weight helmets. Westcoast the other night were gifted a goal when Oscar Allen was caught holding the ball, turned sideways with momentum and then awarded a kick for a dangerous tackle. Fortunately it was the Tigers but it did cost them the win.

Yesterday you could see and hear the frustration from our players when some of these Sh?t decisions got called by the scumps and we were lucky to hang on. Our Game is totally un-umpireable (if thats a word). Some of these umps aren't up to the job and it's made even harder when the rules keep getting tweaked on a game by game basis.

I find WWF more realistic than the rubbish that's being staged and scripted out on the field.

I think they get more right than we give them credit for. The Maynard sling tackle, the Elliott OoF, and the Cameron mark were IMHO the 3 major errors from the scumps and that all balanced out at 50/50

Not sure what will happen re changes. The VFL want to play even without crowds this week, I don’t see an issue with this. I wonder how Harves is going to go about the rest of the season. Same old same old or toss the magnets in the air and hope JT’s and Cals roll under his desk.

Won't be too many changes but Grundy and Adams will be included if they're fit. Sier likely in the mix to if his jaw isn't broken. Who knows on the outs. Grundy for Lynch the only really obvious change. Murph/Rantall the other under pressure. Murph was a corky so you'd imagine he'd be right.
Wouldn't we know by now if Sier had a broken jaw? Has there been any update on Grundy or Adams? Unless Murphy copped that corky early in the 2nd quarter, his form was so poor I doubt that he would have got a game this week anyway.

Surely we challenge the JDG ban. Only need to overturn the impact from medium to low for him to get a fine instead of a week according to their matrix..

1 week for JDG?
Oliver got straight back up and played out the game with no problem.
Sounds like a joke to me.
I always thought he'd go.
You cant have blokes giving drive-by shoulders like that.
I'm confused with the ruling - it's a one week offence and he can accept one week with an early plea??

Surely we challenge the JDG ban. Only need to overturn the impact from medium to low for him to get a fine instead of a week according to their matrix..
Medium impact seems ridiculous considering Oliver had absolutely no ill effects and bounced straight up. The AFL are all over the shop with this stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confused with the ruling - it's a one week offence and he can accept one week with an early plea??

Or challenge it and risk two weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He hit him in the chest. It's not something that should receive a suspension. I'll be disappointed if we don't appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back