Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inconsistency is the bit that gets me with this one. The fact that this was considered a week yet the Mills tackle on Worpel from this very same game wasn't even worth a mention in the report as having been looked at (if we give them the benefit of the doubt when they say they did look at it) is mind boggling.

There's no real consistency in how incidents are graded in general with a constant flip-flop between "the action" and "the outcome" - and sometimes even "the intent".

It used to be a matter of being frustrated about inconsistencies from season to season, but at least they could claim the rules/interpretations had changed. Then it was from game to game in the same season. Now we're seeing it in the same round and in this case the very same game. Eventually we're going to get to the point where two players simultaneously strike each other in the same incident and one ends up with a suspension while the other doesn't get looked at.

Trial by media didn’t help - barely a mention of the Mills tackle from that utter flog Ralph

WAFJ both the charge and the acceptance of it. Another BS Fox tribunal suspension. The AFL might as well rename every team the Sillinannies. How about only allowing one team at a time on the oval. Sometimes I really wish some a-hole billionaire would start up a Aussie Rules super league that could bypass all the pious pinheads in both the media and the AFL. Excuse the rant they all give me the screaming _hits

No to cousins, has been given enough games now and his disposal is just not AFL standard. Bring in Finn as purely a ball hunter and see what he can do. Perfect game to see what he has or hasn’t got

Playing Finn as a ball hunter against Merrett, Parish and McGrath should be enough to get us charged with tanking.

Yes. Reeves is the future and we need to get more games into him.

Reeves got his debut by playing consistently very good footy at Box Hill, not by being gifted a game.

There are two ways things can go from here if our ruck options stay healthy. Either Ceglar continues his form and is now one of the best rucks in the AFL (big win). Or he reverts back to the form he's shown for the last 2 years, in which case it won't be incredibly hard for Reeves to win his spot back, cementing the expectation that he needs to keep performing and working hard to be rewarded.

It's a win-win. The only way we lose is if we drop the guy who was BOG, letting Reeves know that there's no point pushing himself because he's got a safe spot and letting the rest of the senior guys know that there's no point performing because they won't be rewarded for it.

Dissappointed we're not challenging the Worpel decision. Absolute joke of a suspension.

Never been to a Hawks v Bombers game and i can't wait!

Reluctantly Going with a Bombers supporter...
I went with a Bombers mate in round 1, it was great! Though, he's not the mouthy type and was genuinely gutted by the loss so I couldn't really give him s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAFJ both the charge and the acceptance of it. Another BS Fox tribunal suspension. The AFL might as well rename every team the Sillinannies. How about only allowing one team at a time on the oval. Sometimes I really wish some a-hole billionaire would start up a Aussie Rules super league that could bypass all the pious pinheads in both the media and the AFL. Excuse the rant they all give me the screaming _hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back