Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cegs stays in and will get owned by Draper and justify his position as back up only. Should be left out if Reeves is ok and kept on ice for the trade period or another last minute call up.
The bloke played out of his skin, was a huge part of our win, made team of the week and probably polled 3 brownlow votes.
Back to Box Hill sonny 🙄

The bloke played out of his skin, was a huge part of our win, made team of the week and probably polled 3 brownlow votes.
Back to Box Hill sonny 🙄
Cegs won’t back it up. Anyone thinking that’s his go to standard is kidding themselves. By the end of the game he was looking at the man again when jumping in the ruck. flash in the pan game.
First rule of Cegs... don’t look at the man.

Cegs won’t back it up. Anyone thinking that’s his go to standard is kidding themselves. By the end of the game he was looking at the man again when jumping in the ruck. flash in the pan game.
It wasn't just his ruck work.
Screenshot_20210615-212750_Chrome.jpg
19 contested possessions 9 ******* teen.

In: Cousins, Hanrahan
Out: Morrison, Worpel

We’re gonna view this as a very winnable game and do everything we can to get it done I reckon, so very little experimentation I suspect.

Cousins in as he is more established in the AFL than others, and will allow Shiels to be more flexible. Hanrahan to bring the forward pressure and provide some fight. Morris could relish this type of game so let’s see how he goes as a sub again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then he would be dropped. The idea that you drop your best player is insane.

At least have a pot at TOB for missing his shots at goal.

In: Cousins, Hanrahan
Out: Morrison, Worpel

We’re gonna view this as a very winnable game and do everything we can to get it done I reckon, so very little experimentation I suspect.

Cousins in as he is more established in the AFL than others, and will allow Shiels to be more flexible. Hanrahan to bring the forward pressure and provide some fight. Morris could relish this type of game so let’s see how he goes as a sub again.
I can see these changes happening but I personally hope we go with other options.

Will be interesting to see if we go with the same team balance that worked well or bring in another tall, in which case would like Jeka to get the nod ahead of Lewis.

Lol, the bloke just got equal most coaches votes with 8 and probably brownlow votes. Nothing would send a worse message to a playing group than to drop him.

OUT
Morrison
Worpel

IN
Downie
Brockman

Agree 100% with those changes.

With Morrison out injured, there’s never going to be a better time to play Downie. He’s been available for selection for most of the year. It’s not like Essendon are sitting first on the ladder.

If we win the last 10 games for the year...would we make the 8??
My son played with the ladder predictor a week or so ago, and had every team ending on 11 wins with Hawthorn on top.
Since he did that, I think every single result has gone exactly as he entered it (aside from margins).

Agree 100% with those changes.

With Morrison out injured, there’s never going to be a better time to play Downie. He’s been available for selection for most of the year. It’s not like Essendon are sitting first on the ladder.
So far, Downie's best game of senior AFL footy has been against Essendon. If he plays again, I'm almost certain he will improve on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back