• Total voters

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
28th June to 11th July

Well we are back on the grass at SW19 for the first time since 2019. In substantial news, a crowd of 50% capacity will be allowed on the grounds up til the final weekend, when 15,000 will be allowed to attend both the male and female singles final. Of course with covid being an ever changing scenario, that decision could change regarding crowd capacity.

In other big news, the seeding for the mens tournament will follow the actual current ranking on the ATP tour. The female seeding will follow previous editions where recent grass results are taken into account.

This will also be the final middle Sunday where no tennis will be played. From 2022 onwards, tennis will be played on the middle Sunday. About time I say.

It's going to be a very interesting tournament with no edition held last year. Could be in for a few surprises.

Coverage again on channel 9, GEM and Stan sport.

Is that an admission that they don't have the balls to downgrade Nadal so they are just not going to go there?

Why would Nadal be downgraded at Wimbledon ? Two time winners, three times runner up and two semi-finals.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
He'll play the Olympics IMO, so I think you'll be wrong even if he does somehow win it.
surely he will play in the Laver Cup as well. Nice pay day. And on completely off topic, how screwed is the world team in that for the next decade. All the best young players are Italian or Spanish.

crazy to think the last Wimbledon final was between Federer and Nole. Seems so long ago. A lot has passed since that sunny day

crazy to think the last Wimbledon final was between Federer and Nole. Seems so long ago. A lot has passed since that sunny day

Wow, that feels like yesterday and 10 years ago at the same time. What a night that was.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
2019 edition of the tournament was great, Rafa, Novak and Federer all in the semis. Federer played very well in the tournament and obviously could have won the title with the match points in the deciding set. I give Federer every shot at winning the title.

Djokovic has had so many challenges the last few grand slams.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Novak would seem a clear favourite at this point, or at least his own worst enemy. Would like some players like Humbert, Berrettini and Dan Evans to exploit the murky field and make a deep run. Querrey also made QFs in 3 of his last 4 appearances.

Kokk has a qualifier tonight against Cressy

Yeah, that really sucks for the tournament.

Osaka pulled out overnight as well but that's not as much of a surprise....

Nadal was never doing much at Wimbledon anyway. Have a feeling he’ll pick and choose tournaments from now on. Give himself the best chance on a French in 2022

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Lleyton 10-15yo would’ve been a decent threat right now. Back then he never lost cheaply, was always an honourable loss to one of the top players.

If Kyrgios had have been playing tennis for the last 12 months instead of gaming then he would have been a legit chance here.

It's Djokovic then absolute dart board job.

Very few of the top 20 or so players are suited by grass. Probably end up with the oldest semi line up in history when Djokovic is joined by some combo of Fed/Cilic/Isner/Lopez/Anderson/Gasquet/Querrey/some other random oldie that has played like s**t for 12 months but likes grass.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
The qualies and Eastbourne all lost a full day yesterday but they don't have the common sense to try and start them early today to make up for it. Players will be tanking left right and centre at Eastbourne. Rain due to ease this week and the long range forecast for Wimbledon is a "sweltering" 25 degrees apparently :'(

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I just struggle to see how a new player will do on grass. I just can't see a non Novak victory. I would have said Taylor Fritz could annoy but the guy is coming off surgery.

Matteo Berrettini perhaps. Won last week. showed promise 2 years ago at Wimbledon and has showcased an ability to at least match Novak for a set. Big serve and forehand.

Back