Preview Changes v Essendon - Round 15, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon Viney will play , just reading between the lines in Goody's press conference post match, he said if it's not next week, it will likely be the one after that.

Viney seems to have so many of these 1-to-2 nek minit 6-to-8 type set-backs. :(

Viney seems to have so many of these 1-to-2 nek minit 6-to-8 type set-backs. :(

Think they are being super cautious coz they know how good/important he can be for us at the business end of the year. Remember his final against Geelong off no games.

I'm still filthy at that pathetic s**t those pricks served up, as far as I'm concerned they can all * off. All of them.
Except Jackson actually I thought he was pretty good, he can stay.
Everyone else can get ****ed.

In: Majak Daw, Mitch Brown, Benny Brown. Why? Why not. I reckon it would be funny. If we're gonna put in half-arsed efforts like that may as well have a laugh at the same time. At least if we lose I can think "well that's fair our team was pretty crap Majak Daw lol" as opposed to not laughing while no-name forwards from random s**t team kicks a bag against "best defence in the AFL" and the AA ruckman get pumped at the centre square by a fill-in who probably won't reach 25 games in his career.

* those campaigners I'm over them.

Last edited:

Goody mentioning Vanders as a possibility surprised me, but I've got no doubt he could do better than Melksham or Sparrow have the past few weeks. Still, slow player is slow.

Goody mentioning Vanders as a possibility surprised me, but I've got no doubt he could do better than Melksham or Sparrow have the past few weeks. Still, slow player is slow.
Forgot he existed for a while there. Not sure what he really offers though outside of maybe one big tackle/shepherd a game. Not a very good user, not quick at all. A better mark than Melk or Sparrow but that's it.

Sparrow out for me. I'm sure the kid is a good young footballer and he definitely cracks in hard but I don't see what he offers at the moment. Didn't like seeing him in at centre bounces yesterday when we needed our best players in there to turn it around. Him and Jordon (who is clearly the better player at the moment) also bring a bit too much Nathan Jones circa 2008-2017 hack kicking out of contests too.

Honestly can make it a lottery between Weid/Brown/Daw/Brown who plays second tall forward, none of them are in form. Or maybe none of them and we go with Pickett/Gawn/Spargo/Fritsch/Tmac/Chandler as the forward line. Wouldn't mind that.

Sparrow out for me. I'm sure the kid is a good young footballer and he definitely cracks in hard but I don't see what he offers at the moment. Didn't like seeing him in at centre bounces yesterday when we needed our best players in there to turn it around. Him and Jordon (who is clearly the better player at the moment) also bring a bit too much Nathan Jones circa 2008-2017 hack kicking out of contests too.

Honestly can make it a lottery between Weid/Brown/Daw/Brown who plays second tall forward, none of them are in form. Or maybe none of them and we go with Pickett/Gawn/Spargo/Fritsch/Tmac/Chandler as the forward line. Wouldn't mind that.

Sparrow for a tough sort of player weirdly lacks confidence and carries himself in a very shy manner. Needs to get angry.

Thing for Sparrow is he kills it at VFL on ball - but is struggling to adapt to AFL speed and size of opponents. He isn't breaking the tackles he normally does at VFL level and it's clearly thrown him/frustrating him as his ball winning is his strength. Now he's second guessing everything and is getting caught.

Think he's a real talent but will only get to flourish if we get significant injuries or he leaves for another club to get serious inside minutes.

He’ll learn. Like we saw in the Brisbane game when the rest of the team lifts he can have a big impact. But when we aren’t in form, he doesn’t offer as much as probably Melksham.

Anyway Weid and Sparrow for brown and Viney seems clear to me. If Viney isn’t fit just leave Sparrow in.

Looking forward to this. Love talking with you guys every year, and been really happy with the way you guys have been this year.

It'll be interesting to see our forward line go up against your defense. We've been the second most efficient side inside 50 this year and you've been the most efficient defensive side in the league so far. May and Hooker will be a good match, as will Petty on Wright. The interesting part will be who play on Jones and Stringer, can see Hibbo going to either with probably Lever the other one.

Oh yeah and hi Headless :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to this. Love talking with you guys every year, and been really happy with the way you guys have been this year.

It'll be interesting to see our forward line go up against your defense. We've been the second most efficient side inside 50 this year and you've been the most efficient defensive side in the league so far. May and Hooker will be a good match, as will Petty on Wright. The interesting part will be who play on Jones and Stringer, can see Hibbo going to either with probably Lever the other one.

Oh yeah and hi Headless :)
Harmes v Parish is the match up to watch for mine.

Harmes v Parish is the match up to watch for mine.
Parish had probably his least influential game on the weekend but still had 6 clearances and kicked the sealer. Will be a good one to watch. Not sure how we're gonna deal with Oliver and Trac though.

In: Viney
Out: Sparrow

They have a game style which I feel could tear us apart on the outside, but having said that, I reckon they also crumble against a really strong and organised defence like ours, should be a good game.

Took your post here mate as I replied to it and thought I was in the changes thread :$. No one has torn us apart on the outside all year, we're now conceding a bit more inside ball to protect that part of our game.

Play our best we'll win by 4-5 goals, simple as that. I think we really needed the bye honestly and will come out strong in the first half for once.

That Bombers v Hawkes game was close, but a horrible standard of footy.
Didnt watch it, but it can't have been any worse than us and Collingwood surely

Hopefully Stringer played his blinder this week and not against us next game.
Last blinder he had against us all the way back in 2016…

Apparently club had a 2 x 20 min intra club match on Saturday.

Weid barely touched it.

BB kicked a couple of goals and took some strong marks.

Viney played and got through unscathed. Apparently moved well.

Declase super impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back