Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Mrs K, what a brilliant discovery. From my perspective this is BRE. Reference to 'dark skinned' by the young woman attacked could be explained by her natural cultural heritage having hailed from British Columbia. I have a friend from there and they have told me they wouldn't refer to 'olive skinned' as a personal body-type description re skin colour. They would say caucasian or dark-skinned.

This attack occurred on the 9th anniversary of the disappearance and believed murder of Julie Cutler on 20/7/1988 - very interesting in the horrendously tragic timeline.

One thing I have noted is the young woman accepted a lift with the perp at corner of Roe and Fitzgerald and he headed north with slight deviation east at Spinoza. If this victim was an intended murder victim, the perp (in my mind BRE) would only have needed to get back on to Walcott, then onto Wanneroo Road then left into Pipidinny the site he had chosen for Ciara.

Very very interesting choices made regarding travel directions from his home-base at 10 Fountain vs 144 Gay on this tragic night.

I pose a question. Did history repeat itself?

the attack in the article posted by Mrs K happened at 3am on the 19/6/1996, and was reported on the 20/6/1996. Julie cutler disappeared on 20/6/1988 (not 20/7 as you posted above.) that makes this attack 1 day short of 8 years, not the 9th anniversary

It is the decisions BRE made regarding his travel from his marital homebase and his parents homebase that pins him to these crimes. He let a considerable amount of information leak out of his pandora's box when he made decisions not to bury Jane and Ciara, he wanted these final sites he chose to be known.

The compass headings he chose from his parents' residence to the final sites he chose for Jane and Ciara are very interesting and he showed something with his choice re Jane's final site.

His choice of 1st wedding date and his choice of when he commenced his 1st divorce proceedings - he commenced the divorce process so that decree nisi occurred on a certain birthdate and 32 days later the annulment. Note it would have been 31 days if the 25/1/1998 did not fall on a Sunday. BTW the 1st wedding date occurred 31 days before that special birthdate he chose to have the marriage divorce decree nisi granted on in 1997.

Rebecca's abduction and murder is not BRE imo.

Would Jane and Ciara still be alive if his 1st wife had not advised him on 4/6/1996 of the impending birth of her child (allegedly) conceived by another man referred to as DF?

Broken paradigm, im a little confused by your above post, can you please add in the dates that you refer to and the compass headings, and how they are meaningful?

Spinoza St Mt Lawley is about 8 minutes drive NNW of where BRE lived (Noranda) with his first wife in the late 80's.

I wonder if the man actually stopped his car at Spinoza Street, as opposed to a part of Ferrar or Learoyd St's that ran adjacent to the nearby Ron Stone Park.
Much more likely he would have stopped adjacent to Ron Stone Park IMO.

The victim says that she fled about 100m to the Redman's after he stopped the car, so she could have easily been guessing as to where the car was stopped, and with it being 3am and her escaping, she might have not known exactly which street he stopped the car at.

It's pretty quiet around there at night, mostly nice/large houses, with the ECU Mount Lawley + WAAPA Campus on the other side of Ron Stone Park.

'Ms Barbagallo took Edwards's ex-wife through the details of their marriage and how their relationship began in the late 1980s.
... They had shared a three-bedroom villa in suburban Noranda, but the boyfriend moved out and some months later Edwards moved in.'

View attachment 1154877

Sorry, maybe there is a typo in your post or I read it wrongly but I really don't think Mt Lawley is northnorthwest (NNW) of Noranda - I think you mean Noranda is NNW of Mt Lawley.

I need some help understanding something and I know the great minds on here will know the answer.

In 1990 BRE received a 2-year probationary sentence after having entered a guilty plea to the assault at Hollywood Hospital.

My question is. From what date would the probationary sentence have commenced. Was it the day he attacked Wendy ie 7 May, or the day he entered his guilty plea 13 May, or some other date?

Cheers

edited to correct attack and sentencing year

Sorry to reply to my own post lol, a mistake that needs to be corrected. BRE pleaded guilty on 11 MAY 1990 not 13 May. Does anyone know the answer to my question as to what date the probationary sentence or period would have commenced. From the attack date of 7 May or the day he pleaded guilty (1st court appearance day) 11May? Cheers

I was waiting for a compass reference
compass headings are a very important factor in any investigation when the remains discovered belong to a person abducted and murdered. It is the final act of the perpetrator that often tells or reveals the complete story.

Last edited:
Broken paradigm, im a little confused by your above post, can you please add in the dates that you refer to and the compass headings, and how they are meaningful?

According to evidence in Court, the 1st wedding was celebrated on 23/11/1991 and decree nisi was granted on 24/12/1997 and absolute on 25/1/1998. His 1st wife's child was born 21/12/1996. During his 1st post arrest interview he stated he divorced due to the marriage being irreconcilable. In order to institute divorce proceedings (back then) the decree nisi was granted (if no complex financial or child custody issues) 1 year and 1 day after the complainant stated the marriage became irreconcilable. Therefore BRE stated the marriage had become irreconcilable from 22/12/1996 the day after his 1st wife's child was born. 1996 being a leap year made the date he chose as irreconcilable (22/12/1996) was 367 days until the decree nisi was granted.

As it turned out the arrest day on 22/12/2016 was the day he chose in 1996 to be the day he declared his marriage had become irreconcilable what a coincidence that was, his head would have been spinning!

Compass headings are easy to find using google earth, you should try it some time.

The compass heading from his parents' residence at 144 Gay is 204 to (what was) their holiday residence at Madora Bay which was their 1st co-habitation home without sharing with anyone. The site BRE chose to place Jane at is at 204 compass heading to Madora Bay and his parents' residence at 144 Gay is at 204 compass bearing to Jane.

The place he chose to murder Jane (Johnson Road) is at 208 compass heading from 144 Gay. The place he chose to place Ciara is at 356 compass heading from Madora Bay.

These compass bearings together form a sum that is equal to the birthdate of his 1st wife's child (born on the 356th day of 1996 leap year) and the compass heading to Ciara from Madora Bay. 208 - 360 = 152 + 204 = 356.

Are you still confused?

Last edited:
Sorry to reply to my own post lol, a mistake that needs to be corrected. BRE pleaded guilty on 11 MAY 1990 not 13 May. Does anyone know the answer to my question as to what date the probationary sentence or period would have commenced. From the attack date of 7 May or the day he pleaded guilty (1st court appearance day) 11May? Cheers
It would only be backdated to the date of the attack if he was taken into & kept in custody from 07May, which he wasn't, so it can only be from sentencing, or backdated to the guilty plea. He wasn't technically guilty of anything when he was charged for the offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to evidence in Court, the 1st wedding was celebrated on 23/11/1991.Compass headings are easy to find using google earth.

What are you confused about?
Why don't you save Krusty Crab, & anyone else that's interested, the drama of trying to pin point the exact co-ordinates your referring to & just print them as has been asked of you?
Unless the exact locations have been confirmed, which they havent, it's a guess at best so the least you can do is make clear the exact details your basing your assumptions on.
EDIT - pleased you've now changed your original post to include the requested details.

Last edited:
the attack in the article posted by Mrs K happened at 3am on the 19/6/1996, and was reported on the 20/6/1996. Julie cutler disappeared on 20/6/1988 (not 20/7 as you posted above.) that makes this attack 1 day short of 8 years, not the 9th anniversary

Thanks for the correction. Viewing the newspaper clip on laptop I am now able to read the time of the attack (3am) which occurred on 19/6/1996. This also would be the date he would have been waiting to pounce on Julie in 1988.

It would only be backdated to the date of the attack if he was taken into & kept in custody from 07May, which he wasn't, so it can only be from sentencing, or backdated to the guilty plea. He wasn't technically guilty of anything when he was charged for the offence.

Thanks for this valuable info. Immediately after the attack he was saying 'sorry' to Wendy so was that evidence of his guilt? So when he pleaded guilty on 11/5/1990 his first Court appearance, that day would be the commencement of his probation period and he received 2 years so his probation would be fully served on 11/5/1992?

Cheers

Why don't you save Krusty Crab, & anyone else that's interested, the drama of trying to pin point the exact co-ordinates your referring to & just print them as has been asked of you?
Unless the exact locations have been confirmed, which they havent, it's a guess at best so the least you can do is make clear the exact details your basing your assumptions on.
EDIT - pleased you've now changed your original post to include the requested details.

Sorry about that, but I wouldn't call what I have discovered as 'assumptions', everything is based on fact.

I thought that everyone on here knew address etc. I personally think he was working to a divorce timetable from 1995, but he has always had a modus operandi that is very interesting. And he never stopped!

The degree from his parents 144 Gay residence to the final site he chose for Ciara is at 334 compass bearing, therefore from Ciara to his 144 Gay it is 154. 334 is connected to the birthdate of his paternal grandmother, 154 is connected to the birthdate of his father.

In the 1988 leap year the same compass bearings were used but and extra 'day' or 'degree' added in the case of 'Dorothy'. the abduction site to Centenary Bridge is 155 and Centenary to the abduction site is 335.

The site in Monument Street where it is believed he chose to murder Sarah is at 211 from the abduction scene, or 31 from Monument to the abduction scene. Once again, but with a twist, 211 is connected to his father's birthdate, and 31 to his paternal grandmother's birthdate. they are both the remaining days in the year after each of their birthdates.

in 1995 the compass bearing from Karrakatta Cemetery to the Rowe Park abduction scene was 254. His parents birthdates are 254 days apart, commencing with his father's birthdate.

The abduction scene for Sarah was at 254 compass bearing to the OBH.

The 1995 abduction occurred 254 days after his father's 1994 birthday.

The Monument Street, Mosman Park murder scene is at 227 compass bearing from the 1995 Karrakatta Cemetery rape scene. The attack at Hollywood Hospital occurred 227 days after his mother's birthday. Monument Street scene is at 47 compass bearing to Karrakatta Cemetery. the annual birthdates of Julie and Sarah were 47 days apart (starting with Julie). David Birnie's birthday 16/2 happens to fall on the 47th day.

In a leap year the birthdates of David and Catherine Birnie are 97 days apart (starting with his) - see below. His birthday falls 157 days after Sarah's birthday on 12/9. If you add 97 to 157 (to get to Catherine's birthday) the sum is 254, simply Catherine's leap year birthdate is 254 days from Sarah's birthdate.

Given Julie disappeared the year after the Birnie's conviction it is interesting. Birnie was convicted (after a guilty plea) on 10/2/1987 and this was 167 days before Julie's birthday. Jane was placed at 167 degrees from the Claremont abduction site.

The 1988 Centenary Bridge site is at 277 degrees to the personal items site discovered in 1997 and now believed to be connected to Julie Cutler. The Monument Street site he chose at which to murder Sarah is at 277 degrees to Julie's personal items discovery site at cnr of Beach and Marine in Cottesloe. Therefore the Dorothy Centenary Bridge final scene is at 277 to Sarah and Sarah at 277 to Julie's items. In reverse it is 97. He stalked Claremont for Ciara on 14/3/1997 which was 97 days after his birthday and 83 days after his 1st wife's child was born in 1996. 83 - 360 = 277. His paternal grandfather's birthday falls on the 277th day in a non leap year (which 1997 was). Julie's items were dumped in the sand dune in 1997 - no doubt about that.

Thanks for this valuable info. Immediately after the attack he was saying 'sorry' to Wendy so was that evidence of his guilt? So when he pleaded guilty on 11/5/1990 his first Court appearance, that day would be the commencement of his probation period and he received 2 years so his probation would be fully served on 11/5/1992?

Cheers
No, the finding of guilt is within the courtroom when he was asked to enter a plea & it was accepted by the judge so the date of offence is mostly irrelevant unless he had been taken into & kept in custody on that date, then, things are usually backdated to the time someone is detained. Until a court convicts you, you are technically innocent regardless of any prior admissions of guilt. Nothing stops you admitting guilt to someone then entering a not guilty plea where it will be up to the prosecution to prove your guilt to the court.
I'm unsure if the sentencing judge backdated his start date to the guilty plea or nor whether he was sentenced at the same time, probably not.

Sorry about that, but I wouldn't call what I have discovered as 'assumptions', everything is based on fact.

I thought that everyone on here knew address etc. I personally think he was working to a divorce timetable from 1995, but he has always had a modus operandi that is very interesting. And he never stopped!

The degree from his parents 144 Gay residence to the final site he chose for Ciara is at 334 compass bearing, therefore from Ciara to his 144 Gay it is 154. 334 is connected to the birthdate of his paternal grandmother, 154 is connected to the birthdate of his father.

In the 1988 leap year the same compass bearings were used but and extra 'day' or 'degree' added in the case of 'Dorothy'. the abduction site to Centenary Bridge is 155 and Centenary to the abduction site is 335.

The site in Monument Street where it is believed he chose to murder Sarah is at 211 from the abduction scene, or 31 from Monument to the abduction scene. Once again, but with a twist, 211 is connected to his father's birthdate, and 31 to his paternal grandmother's birthdate. they are both the remaining days in the year after each of their birthdates.

in 1995 the compass bearing from Karrakatta Cemetery to the Rowe Park abduction scene was 254. His parents birthdates are 254 days apart, commencing with his father's birthdate.

The abduction scene for Sarah was at 254 compass bearing to the OBH.

The 1995 abduction occurred 254 days after his father's 1994 birthday.

The Monument Street, Mosman Park murder scene is at 227 compass bearing from the 1995 Karrakatta Cemetery rape scene. The attack at Hollywood Hospital occurred 227 days after his mother's birthday. Monument Street scene is at 47 compass bearing to Karrakatta Cemetery. the annual birthdates of Julie and Sarah were 47 days apart (starting with Julie). David Birnie's birthday 16/2 happens to fall on the 47th day.

In a leap year the birthdates of David and Catherine Birnie are 97 days apart (starting with his) - see below. His birthday falls 157 days after Sarah's birthday on 12/9. If you add 97 to 157 (to get to Catherine's birthday) the sum is 254, simply Catherine's leap year birthdate is 254 days from Sarah's birthdate.

Given Julie disappeared the year after the Birnie's conviction it is interesting. Birnie was convicted (after a guilty plea) on 10/2/1987 and this was 167 days before Julie's birthday. Jane was placed at 167 degrees from the Claremont abduction site.

The 1988 Centenary Bridge site is at 277 degrees to the personal items site discovered in 1997 and now believed to be connected to Julie Cutler. The Monument Street site he chose at which to murder Sarah is at 277 degrees to Julie's personal items discovery site at cnr of Beach and Marine in Cottesloe. Therefore the Dorothy Centenary Bridge final scene is at 277 to Sarah and Sarah at 277 to Julie's items. In reverse it is 97. He stalked Claremont for Ciara on 14/3/1997 which was 97 days after his birthday and 83 days after his 1st wife's child was born in 1996. 83 - 360 = 277. His paternal grandfather's birthday falls on the 277th day in a non leap year (which 1997 was). Julie's items were dumped in the sand dune in 1997 - no doubt about that.
You were alluding to the conclusions you'd come to concerning particular dates & directions without providing any clear basis for making the comments nor clarifying exactly what you meant. Krusty asked you to elaborate by providing the dates & compass headings you were basing your comments on & you initially responded by questioning what he was confused by despite he had already made it perfectly clear. I was simply asking you to save anyone interested the guesswork & respond to his request specifically.

Your conclusions may be based on factual details but you're still just assuming they were a factor in his decision making however you care to spin it.

Personally, & no offence intended whatsoever, it's of no interest to me anyway. Firstly because I've seen it before & secondly because I don't for a second think he was that invested in specific timing, dates, directions or anything else, he's an opportunistic killer IMO & I'm not invested at all in assuming what may or may not have gone through his twisted mind regardless any parallels or coincidences that may be uncovered after spending forever trying to find them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back