List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic media. One win and suddenly we have a promising future after it's all been doom and gloom.

No mention of Hardwick, Worpel or Moore who all played the other night or Reeves and Brockman who didn't just to name a couple either. We've got a fair bit to work with.
Amazing what one win does to the narrative 😂
To be fair, I tend to find Lyon usually has pretty good things to say about the Hawks.

Classic media. One win and suddenly we have a promising future after it's all been doom and gloom.

No mention of Hardwick, Worpel or Moore who all played the other night or Reeves and Brockman who didn't just to name a couple either. We've got a fair bit to work with.
Two words - Will Day

Its amazing how much better things look when you have a young gun in your side.
Hasnt played since round 2 so pretty much forgotten , bar us supporters and the club sweating on him getting back in .

All of a sudden we have some young ' talent' , we always did it just wasnt playing .

I was responding to this

"I don’t think he will ever be best 22 in a premiership contender"
Man if you wanna knit pick go right ahead both were very average footballers, that gave 100% every time they played for the club.

Spangher only got a real look in Because of a ton of injuries in 14 and Schoey was the definition of fringe player.

If you think TOB being like those two disproves anything I have said than well I dunno what to say

Given he has missed a big chunk of games and doesn't have the AFL exposed form that a Will Day does it impossible to see him playing this week.

And even putting that aside who would he come in for? Hartigan still to return too.

I want to see DGB sooner rather than later too but there is no way it is this week. If it is ill do a nude run down my street and stream it.
I don’t think there’s any need to stream it :straining::straining:

One good win and Clarko and the club are denying Mitchell trade speculation. Couple more wins and next thing you know we’ll be trading out of the first round, bring in a banged up 24-year-old trying to contend again.

The merry go round will start again. With Clarko as coach I really don’t trust the club to rebuild properly.

One good win and Clarko and the club are denying Mitchell trade speculation. Couple more wins and next thing you know we’ll be trading out of the first round, bring in a banged up 24-year-old trying to contend again.

The merry go round will start again. With Clarko as coach I really don’t trust the club to rebuild properly.
I’m struggling to follow the rationale here

They were denying it before the win.

LOL.

Newcomb 19
Worpel 21
Day 20
Scrimshaw 22
Jiath 22
Morris 19
Moore 21
Reeves 22
Greaves 21
Morrison 22
Lewis 22
Hanrahan 22
Cousins 23
Koschitzke 21
Nash 22
Hardwick 24

Not giving the kids a run to see what they've got you don't think over the last 2 or 3 years?
Only one of those above not drafted by our club.

I'm having a hard time imagining ANY Hawk supporter looking seriously at the TALENT of Ben McEvoy, Jaeger OMeara, Tom Mitchell, Chad Wingard, Jarman Impey, Tom Scully and Jon Patton, and thinking "yeah - that's a heap of 24 year old castoff rubbish our clubs list is too good for and shouldn't be brought in!"

You'd need to be having a lend.
Has it all worked our roses? Nah.
But that is high level cattle listed above and IMO worth every shot we took.
At the same time we've drafted at the possie we get from being competitive enough, and again IMO - given the youngsters a pretty good shot and look at.
Some have come up short, that's ok, I'm confident we'll get more in at the end of the year and the pool of talent will be much deeper than those chortling at our current ladder situ are guessing.
When we come rattling up the rungs of the AFL elite and scaring * out of opponents it will be with a rush of sustained bloodshed serenaded by the shrill sounds of Caro lamentations.

Look out.
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks.

Last edited:
LOL.

Newcomb 19
Worpel 21
Day 20
Scrimshaw 22
Jiath 22
Morris 19
Moore 21
Reeves 22
Greaves 21
Morrison 22
Lewis 22
Hanrahan 22
Cousins 23
Koschitzke 21
Nash 22
Hardwick 24

Not giving the kids a run to see what they've got you don't think over the last 2 or 3 years?
Only one of those above not drafted by our club.

I'm having a hard time imagining ANY Hawk supporter looking seriously at the TALENT of Ben McEvoy, Jaeger OMeara, Tom Mitchell, Chad Wingard, Jarman Impey, Tom Scully and Jon Patton, and thinking "yeah - that's a heap of 24 year old castoff rubbish our clubs list is too good for and shouldn't be brought in!"

You'd need to be having a lend.
Has it all worked our roses? Nah.
But that is high level cattle listed above and IMO worth every shot we took.
At the same time we've drafted at the possie we get from being competitive enough, and again IMO - given the youngsters a pretty good shot and look at.
Some have come up short, that's ok, I'm confident we'll get more in at the end of the year and the pool of talent will be much deeper than those chortling at our current ladder situ are guessing.
When we come rattling up the rungs of the AFL elite and scaring fu** out of opponents it will be with a rush of sustained bloodshed serenaded by the shrill sounds of Caro lamentations.

Look out.
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks.
Flinchfree you are a breathe of fresh air on this forum.
You talk a lot of commonsense.

Hawks can not confess to such a sin, Mitchell would lose value and the club its bargaining power.

Spanger and Shoenmakers had stars leading them. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughead and Birchall made alot of average play your role players look a lot better than they actually were.
And we won't have stars leading when we next seriously compete?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Clarko as coach I really don’t trust the club to rebuild properly.
Yeah, he's only done it twice...twice more than pretty much everyone else.

You don't trust the club with Clarko there? Good for you, champ...

My ratings on this list- i.e Elite, A,B,C etc P.S I'm not giving D's too negative

Newcomb 19 TBC - need to see more of but looking good so far
Worpel 21 B Ceiling A
Day 20 A Ceiling ELITE
Scrimshaw 22 B Ceiling A
Jiath 22 B+ Ceiling ELITE
Morris 19 C Ceiling B
Moore 21 C+ Ceiling B
Reeves 22 C+ Ceiling A
Greaves 21 C Ceiling C+
Morrison 22 C+ Ceiling B
Lewis 22 C+ Ceiling B+ possibly A
Hanrahan 22 C Ceiling C+
Cousins 23 C Ceiling C+
Koschitzke 21 B Ceiling A
Nash 22 C Ceiling C+
Hardwick 24 B B+

We really need Worpel, CJ, Kosi and Reeves and possibly Scrimshaw to develop into A's. Outside of the group are Downie, Mitchell Maginess and Saunders - could be anything or busts + whoever we draft/trade in this year

Can we be so optimistic after a loss too?

It's the same list no matter the win/loss result on the weekend.
We did need a win to remind us that we're not in a different league. That applies to the players even moreso than us internet dweebs...

Can we be so optimistic after a loss too?

It's the same list no matter the win/loss result on the weekend.

The future is there, it will just take time. The kids will be inconsistent
I think the way we played provides a lot of hope. First four quarter performance of the year.

My ratings on this list- i.e Elite, A,B,C etc P.S I'm not giving D's too negative

Worpel 21 B Ceiling A
Day 20 A Ceiling ELITE
Scrimshaw 22 B Ceiling A
Morris 19 C Ceiling B
Moore 21 C+ Ceiling B
Reeves 22 C+ Ceiling A
Greaves 21 C Ceiling C+
Morrison 22 C+ Ceiling B
Hanrahan 22 C Ceiling C+
Cousins 23 C Ceiling C+
Nash 22 C Ceiling C+
Hardwick 24 B B+

We really need Worpel, CJ, Kosi and Reeves and possibly Scrimshaw to develop into A's. Outside of the group are Downie, Mitchell Maginess and Saunders - could be anything or busts + whoever we draft/trade in this year
Harsh on reeves, scrimshaw and kozzi - they all have the potential to be elite in our system and the game but agree with the summary.

I think we are in an extremely strong position heading into the next draft

Does anyone know where the best place to find out the list of who's contracted (and till when) and who's not?

Because they don't make it public in a lot of cases, the best place to find mostly accurate contract lengths is FootyWire. Some may be wrong.

Worpel 21 B Ceiling A
Day 20 A Ceiling ELITE
Scrimshaw 22 B Ceiling A
Morris 19 C Ceiling B
Moore 21 C+ Ceiling B
Reeves 22 C+ Ceiling A
Greaves 21 C Ceiling C+
Morrison 22 C+ Ceiling B
Hanrahan 22 C Ceiling C+
Cousins 23 C Ceiling C+
Nash 22 C Ceiling C+
Hardwick 24 B B+

Sicily ?

Gary’s old man Peter played 16 games for the Hawks.
Yes I remember Peter Lyon

Lyon played with Eaglehawk originally, then went across to Deniliquin in 1961 and played in a losing grand final again Cobram. Lyon shared the 1961 Murray Football League O'Dwyer Medal with Cobram coach, Les Mogg.[1] Lyon then returned to Eaglehawk in 1962, before heading to Hawthorn in 1963.

Lyon came off the bench in the 1963 VFL Grand Final, which Hawthorn lost to Geelong. He could only break into the seniors three times the following year.

A centreman, Lyon spent the next three seasons as playing coach of Devonport. He represented both the North West Football Union and Tasmanian representative teams, winning the Alstergen Trophy in 1967 for his performance with the former.

Lyon later coached Kyabram to the 1975 Goulburn Valley Football League premiership.[2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back